Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it? pleaes share with us

Comments

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by cloud8521
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Blizzard have nailed it. Never had so much fun playing a game. totally addictive

if by nailed it you meant  their coffin

Yes, because 3 million copies sold and counting (in 3 days) is a nail in the coffin.

I never liked Diablo 1+2, but I love Diablo 3. Blizzard delivers once again :)

• RedmantleRedmantle Member Posts: 25

I played one of the last betas they had and I thought the game was allright, not worth $60. So I was going to wait for a price drop. Right before the game launched I decided I needed something to play, as Aion was just not doing it for me, so I said what the heck and bought it at midnight at my local game stop. I still say $60 is a bit much for this game, but I am enjoying myself quite a bit, if you like the action rpg overhead dungeon looting games than I think you will like it. If your on the fence than try to get a trial key, or wait for it to go on sale.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by ste2000

It is good enough, but not worth the full price at the moment.

Just wait few months and get it discounted.

Diablo 3 is basically Diablo 2.1

I was expecting much more from Blizzard.........................it took them 12 years to deliver an update of a great IP and wasted the chance.

By the way, Diablo 2 developers are basically Arenanet, so If you want to play Diablo 3 and online buy GW2 instead

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, breathe, hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha.

Oh my god, this is the funniest post in existance! Thank you for that :)

Diablo is nothing at all like GW2, so why would people who want Diablo 2 want to buy GW2? Hahahahahahahahaa

Also no one from ArenaNet were lead designers for any Diablo game, just designers, which there were MANY of. 

Again, very ammusing :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I didn't vote because im up in the air about it. I haven't completed the whole game so far but i have to say the only thing i find boring about the game is the non-replayability of multiple classes doing the same acts over and over. As a casual player i would have thought they would have added more randomized caves instances to go into that had more random stuff to complete. The other thing that's annoyed the hell out of me is the lack of offline play. This has caused ALL kinds of problems for everyone especially since they treated this launch day like it was the first game they EVER launched EVER that had online functions. It's like they completely forgot everything they learned from launching WoW.

I think it's an okay game if you like flashbacks and can handle the problems being persistantly online will cause but i have to say that the price for the game is WAY too high for the problems and the design flaws they chose for this title. If i didn't already have the year long thing in WoW i would not have paid $60 for the title i have to say.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Sluske
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

If you love ARPGs and aren't anti-Blizzard or a rabid DRM hater then yes it's absolutely worth it.

This.

+1

Its a solid ARPG. If your a fan of the genre then give it a go.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by cloud8521
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Blizzard have nailed it. Never had so much fun playing a game. totally addictive

if by nailed it you meant  their coffin

Yes, because 3 million copies sold and counting (in 3 days) is a nail in the coffin.

I never liked Diablo 1+2, but I love Diablo 3. Blizzard delivers once again :)

You know thats exactly what I as thinking.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

Bought it and loving it.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

{snip{

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, breathe, hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha.

Diablo is nothing at all like GW2, so why would people who want Diablo 2 want to buy GW2? Hahahahahahahahaa

Also no one from ArenaNet were lead designers for any Diablo game, just designers, which there were MANY of. 

Actually no he has a point. The real talent behind Diablo II left blizzard because blizzard was too stupid to hold onto the talent that made their games great in the first place. Just look at the state of WoW right now and the launch day hiccups these people had with D3. The real talent behind blizzard games went into companies like Arenanet, Runic games, basically ALL of the companies that are ACTUALLY innovating the industry right now. (there's one more company that D2 devs and some WoW devs left Blizz for but i can't remember at the moment which company it is) so basically, Blizz is a shell of what it originally was and it shows.

GW2 is nothing like D3 no, however his point was that the REAL talent is making other game titles like GW2 and that's the point.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

If you love ARPGs and aren't anti-Blizzard or a rabid DRM hater then yes it's absolutely worth it.

and why should we trust a fanboi?

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I saw totalbiscuit take the game apart in his video youtube. Well I though there is no way a game could be that bad. So I went and got the game.

Well I played it for 4 hours straight,  the only reason why i'm not in game now was the fact in 15 minutes i got to go get my kid from school. 

It kind of reminds me of a mix of wow (online) and wow from the rpg days.

The graphics are nice,  you best have a good card to play it.

I not been a fan of blizzard in a long time,   wow (online) wade me really angry a long time back.  This game is OK, its not boring like I thought it would be.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Good luck getting much of a discount in a few months.  Blizzard doesn't work that way.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Im not too happy with teh story (Would say more but I'd be giving away story elements)... I played the beta and LOVED the gameplay. But I will say that I am a MMO player if that means anything cause it apparently does mean something according to some people. I dont care much for the whole internet connection thing cause most of my games require an internet connection. I don't care much for the RMAH either cause items drop left and right and pvp isn't my cup of tea. I will admit that your internet connection causing lag in single player is EXTREMELY irritating though. But the only reason I'm not getting it cause they pissed me off with the lore. Will wait for a price drop.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Waiting until this hits the bargain bin in a year or two and then I would only play it for the story.

The lack of character skill customization is a huge negative for me.  I played for half-an-hour at a friends house and watched him play his 26 wd for a while.  The "autoleveling" feature is a real set back for the series and I actually have fond memories of creating different "builds" in D2.  Like fire-wall mage, whirlwind barbarian, etc....

Now everyone gets to be the same.  How fun.

Could care less about the DRM or PVP, etc.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

/snip

Maybe it is amusing because you don't have lot of experience in gaming yet...........(don't even bother to pretend)

Arenanet (the founders) were the main developers of Diablo 2, do some research.

I was a Guild Wars fanboy when the game was released few years ago, and I know a lot about Arenanet.

Guild Wars 1 was basically an Hack and Slash MMO, the combat was fast paced and involved lots of mobs  zerging like Diablo 2, although it had obvious some MMO elements thrown in it.

I didn't play Guild Wars 2 beta, but my point was that while Diablo 3 is not much different from Diablo 2, if you really want to see the natural evolution of the that concept, you need to look at GW and GW2,

Arenanet didn't make a Diablo MMO, but they updated  the Hack and Slash concept and made their own MMO using Diablo fundamentals while at the same time creating another unique and  distinctive game like GW,

That's what Blizzard failed to do with D3 by creating a game which is basically the same as Diablo 2 but with slightly better graphic (DDO graphic to be precise), and it took them 12 years..............

There is nothing different or innovative in D3 which we didn't see in D2 and that's very disappointing for a big developer like Blizzard.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Looks like 80% of people that bought it, like it.  Pretty good odds, OP

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Good luck getting much of a discount in a few months.  Blizzard doesn't work that way.

Starcraft 2 is already less than half price where I live.

D3 is not a MMO and the retailers drop the price as soon as the demand drops

Meanwhile while you wait, you can play Diablo 2, which is the same as D3 and costs much much less than 50 bucks

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by FrodoFragins Originally posted by ste2000 It is good enough, but not worth the full price at the moment. Just wait few months and get it discounted.  
    Starcraft 2 is already less than half price where I live.

D3 is not a MMO and the retailers drop the price as soon as the demand drops

Meanwhile while you wait, you can play Diablo 2, which is the same as D3 and costs much much less than 50 bucks

LOL no isn't the same.

i have D2 and D3 both loaded on my computer and have no desire to play D2

its hilarious that you got all these people complaining because its different than the original Diablo games then you got people complaining that its the same.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

If you were a huge fan of Chess and Mattel came out and said they were making Chess 2.0 and it turned out to be Checkers, you'd be pretty pissed too.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Here's what I get from the complaints. It's either nothing to do with the actual gameplay (RMT, online only, just being a Blizzard game etc.) or they are compaining that they want more than is on offer because they think the game is too short.

This suggests that most people actually like the game and the gameplay (but don't consider repeating difficulties, playing other characters, getting new loot or aiming for achievements more game)... it's the lack of 'story' content and new skins on levels etc. or it's the other non-gameplay stuff that bothers them.

The game and gameplay is solid really they just want more variety or it's just the fine details surrounding the game that people arn't happy with.

Personally, I'm getting that addictive feeling that I haven't had in a game for a very long time.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

"Did you buy Diablo 3 with all its problems"

What problems? The game is a blast.

• Delerious1Delerious1 Member Posts: 72

Honestly you guys that keep talking about Diablo 3 lacking customization CLEARLY have not played the game.

I've played every class up to lvl 15 atm and in just the first 15 levels there are alot of different ways to build each class.

Literally every level you gain your build options exponentially increase.

Diablo 3 SHITS on D2 when it comes to build customization.

The only thing D3 doesn't have is passive stat points which don't mean dick anyhow because you would pretty much guaranteed pump points into vitality and your main damage/resist stat.  You don't need stat points in D3 because there are so many frickin build combo's from skills/runes/passives/weapons/gear/gem choices.

So if you problem with the game is lack of build diversity or the amount of builds you can possibly create then you are flat out WRONG.  End of story, not debatable.

Try actually playing the game past the tutorial stage...

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Delerious1

Honestly you guys that keep talking about Diablo 3 lacking customization CLEARLY have not played the game.

I've played every class up to lvl 15 atm and in just the first 15 levels there are alot of different ways to build each class.

The only thing D3 doesn't have is passive stat points which don't mean dick anyhow because you would pretty much guaranteed pump points into vitality and your main damage/resist stat.  You don't need stat points in D3 because there are so many frickin build combo's from skills/runes/passives/weapons/gear/gem choices.

So if you problem with the game is lack of build diversity or the amount of builds you can possibly create then you are flat out WRONG.  End of story, not debatable.

Yeah, there's customization. But when I get to certain points, I feel like one skill/rune combo is just straight superior to the rest.

Maybe if they balance them out a bit it'll feel more like a choice.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
    Originally posted by Silax

Waiting until this hits the bargain bin in a year or two and then I would only play it for the story.

The lack of character skill customization is a huge negative for me.  I played for half-an-hour at a friends house and watched him play his 26 wd for a while.  The "autoleveling" feature is a real set back for the series and I actually have fond memories of creating different "builds" in D2.  Like fire-wall mage, whirlwind barbarian, etc....

Now everyone gets to be the same.  How fun.

Could care less about the DRM or PVP, etc.

I know your 30 minutes of gameplay really qualifies a review.  You can actually change the elective skills and build you skills and character any way you want.  But you knew that right...

And yeah, Blizzard games are known to go to bargain bin not long after release...Good luck with that one.

As far as the game being worth it, if you aren't bitter about everything and enjoy gaming, it probably is.  If you enjoy  this style of game then it definitely is.  I am enjoying my time very much so.  Only complaint I have is the online only stuff for single player.  It's been frustrating to say the least. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by colddog04

Yeah, there's customization. But when I get to certain points, I feel like one skill/rune combo is just straight superior to the rest.

Maybe if they balance them out a bit t'll feel more like a choice.

It depends how you setup your items as well though. For example, If you have a lot of health gained on hit gear then AOE attacks are basically turned into self heals as well, so using more might be better... If you have life drain percentages then high damage single target attacks could heal you for more than aoe.

If you are on a corridor type level then AOEs that fire in a straight line might be more useful that ones that hit everything surrounding you.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by colddog04

Maybe if they balance them out a bit t'll feel more like a choice.

It depends how you setup your items as well though. For example, If you have a lot of health gained on hit gear then AOE attacks are basically turned into self heals as well, so using more might be better... If you have life drain percentages then high damage single target attacks could heal you for more than aoe.

If you are on a corridor type level then AOEs that fire in a straight line might be more useful that ones that hit everything surrounding you.

Yeah, you are right on the mark with your comment. I just sometimes feel like there are certain combination that I just ignore completely. That doesn't mean it lacks customization. It just means that they maybe could give a little bump to some combos.