Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Beta Weekend Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Runic Games has announced that Torchlight 2 will undergo a big beta weekend beginning Friday, May 18th and running through Tuesday, May 22nd. The team is hoping to put the game through its paces and assess the strength of the servers in a massive stress test.

The beta will end shortly after this last big network test. We are going to get the last information we need for stress testing, and then get back to finishing the game! A longer beta means a longer wait until we can ship, and we are eager to finish Torchlight II and get it in your hands. Thanks to all our fans who've supported us, participated in, and promoted the beta. It's incredibly fulfilling to see you guys play the game and enjoy it as much as we do.

Read the full details on the Torchlight 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Had fun in the Beta, of course D3 puts some slow down on playing, but overall TL2 is fun! Look forward to it's release ( moreso for the modding potential ).

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I give this game the "fun" stamp of approval.
  • ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Day one purchase. Can't wait!

• arescagearescage Member Posts: 20

Best ARPG to date. I'm going to be playing this until Grim Dawn next year.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

have to admit, I tried the beta, and I liked it.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    So i preordered and no beta key? screw them
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

I signed up. Hopefully I'll get in as it would be a good way to tide me over until my D3 CE arrives.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Gave in and pre-ordered after the beta. Loved it.  Got it through steam to enjoy the first one while I wait, currently trying to make it through the supposedly infinite dungeon. I won't be touching this beta through, I explored the first beta and I'd be willing to bet they're not going to open up more content for this one. Don't want to burn out before the game gets here.

If you haven't played it yet, definitely worth a try! Torchlight is a great game but it doesn't compare to 2, imo. Far more refined and interesting.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

TL2 is a great game.

One of the many things that I like about TL2 is that its different compared to D3. 

TL2 has a Pet system, talent tress , the classes they offer are nothing like the ones in D3, the game offers mod support and the combat it self is much faster.

Much like how Path of Exile uses its mechanics to keep it self away from being a Diablo 3 clone, TL2 offers enough that I can enjoy my Diablo 3 and other ARPGs.

Doesn't hurt that TL2 is 20 bucks :)

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Schweet! Another weekend of freeloading on a new hack & slash game hopefully. Just signed up. Curious how it will measure up against my D3 and PoE beta experiences.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I'll pass on the beta. But I will be picking it up on release. I enjoyed the first TL and I'm sure the next won't dissappoint either.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I would say GREAT.

But I allready got the beta key , due to my excessive whining on Runic forums :D

Anyway, great game. No time to play it though ;)

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Was pretty surprised by the beta, a lot better than TL1.  I had more fun with it than PoE, but I still prefer D3 to it.  Regardless I'm still planning on picking this up.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

I would say GREAT.

But I allready got the beta key , due to my excessive whining on Runic forums :D

Anyway, great game. No time to play it though ;)

Damn.  I wish I'd tried that.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I just preordered TL2 from Steam.  Playing TL until TL2 launches.  I decided to play this game instead of D3 for now.  The always online aspect of single player and cash auction house put a damper on my interest.  Plus TL was only $20.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Got my invite 2 days ago and having a blast, one of the best parts about it ................ when this launches no internet connection required to enjoy  .

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

Definitely a great game.  I can't help but notice the overwhelmingly positive response on here.  That in itself has to say something.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I enjoyed the original game, can't wait to try Torchlight 2, heard some very good things about it.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

After my fiasco with D3, pre-order TL2 and am very much looking forward to it.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Smart marketing on torchlight, they realize their strengths and pounced. Simply dungeon game, easy dungeon fix.  

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Omfg!! U kidding me???? So all this time I never once registered with Runic Games??

No wonder I kept missing out on the tests..T.T

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Just pre-ordered it and got 1 for free. Haven't tried the original but I have read great things about both. Looking forward to the experience and hopefully I can get a peek of TL2 before release with the beta.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

here's hoping i get an invite for this beta. :P

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

They are going to lose so many sales by taking so long to release it.  I'd be surprised if they sold even half as many copies as the first one did.  If they released last year at this time they would have grabbed a bunch of people that got impatient waiting for D3.  At this point their best bet will be the TL MMO, assuming that's still on track.  A Massively Mutlipayer DClone could be interesting or a complete mess.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Would love to try the beta, but really dislike free weekends and usually end up avoiding the weekend completely.

Have Torchlight 1 though and it is really fun, wished I tried the beta though. The probably $18 for the 1st week sale has me holding off til the last minute.