Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it? pleaes share with us

Comments

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

It's to expensive for that's basically just Diablo 2 with new graphics.

It's not even an MMO, so I don't know why it's on this site. It's more like Borderlands than an MMO :/

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I think it's worth the money, especially if you've got several friends who are playing. There are plenty of conceptual reasons not to be enthused by D3, like the RMAH or forced online play, but as far as game mechanics and systems are concerned, it's much of the same with detailed improvements, which is enough for me. I like the art style, I like the skill system, and I enjoy how much more group oriented the game feels with other players when it comes to loot and boss fights. Also, events are fucking rad.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Tridian
    Originally posted by DarkPony

"No, i didn't like the Direction taken by Blizz for this game"

Pretty much that one.

I don't care so much about launch issues at all. They are just that: issues that plague a game in only a sliver of its intended lifetime.

It's more of the dumbing down of an already simple formula, the lack of giving you a wide range of choices in character development right from the start and the forced to play online and RMAH bits which I don't like about it.

It's feels like just a "monster clicker" without much of the interesting choices to make. Kind of a step backwards for the hack & slash model compared to where Blizzard could have gone with it.

It isn't the Diablo 2 sequel which I have been hoping for in the past years. It feels a bit like prostitution of a cherrished IP; the Starwars prequels spring to mind.

Are you aware of the elective mode option?

Yes. But I don't see how that changes anything of what I wrote. It just lets you put in any skill you unlocked in any button slot, right? A basic functionality which every other game known to mankind offers, only without much more intuitive dragging and dropping this time around?

From my understanding it lets you do stats as well. I could be wrong though I have yet to check it out. So dont QUOTE me on that. I'll try to find the link where it describes the elective mode.

Yeah thats a negative just skills. I just misread somewhere. Still a great game. For some, its just not their cup of tea.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779
    Originally posted by wasim470
    Am still on the fence here regarding go for D3 or not, so as i did in Tera before I’ll open a Vote here and see what you guys really think.

Try it out. Leaning on what the majority here thinks will not give you closure. Use your brain to think for yourself and make your own choices. Regardless of what people here say, has no bearing on how reality is for YOU. 

So stop making these threads and asking this nonsense. Jebus. 

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Not worth the price.

I simply hate how these new games keep on getting shorter and shorter.... Fuck graphics it's not the top priority! If I buy an rpg it should last a minimum a week not being able to finish it in 2-3 days like a simple shooter,adventure,horror game. (Which I also hate for being so short.)

I also despise people that defend them, licking their asses and rage when people type concerns.

This new generation is evolving in fail games which are so short it's not worth the cost they start with.

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

IMHO the game not only doesn't worth the money, but it doesn't worth the time to play it. I played with my friend (he got the game) and I can say that its very childish and old. Maybe D3 could be interesting in 2004 or somewhere around there. As for 2012, I'd prefer much to buy Guild Wars 2 (as I did) or TERA. D3 has really aweful graphics, requires to be online to play solo, aweful physics and animations. For me its not worth to play even if it was a F2P

Sorry for bad English. :)

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Not worth the price.

I simply hate how these new games keep on getting shorter and shorter.... Fuck graphics it's not the top priority! If I buy an rpg it should last a minimum a week not being able to finish it in 2-3 days like a simple shooter,adventure,horror game. (Which I also hate for being so short.)

I also despise people that defend them, licking their asses and rage when people type concerns.

This new generation is evolving in fail games which are so short it's not worth the cost they start with.

I do have to agree that a lot of games are getting shorter. I miss the days where I could play an rpg for a month and just be barely through it. ( I took my time) D3 is kinda short but I doubt you could get through it in a week. if you can beat all 4 levels solo on hardcore in a week then point made. but doubt it.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Replaying the same identical story with higher difficulty is NOT extra gameplay.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

AND you WILL NOT be able to play the game AT ALL so long as their servers are down for ANY reason...such as their weekly maintenance.   Paying sixty bucks for a SINGLE PLAYER game you are only allowed to play when they have their servers running is a huge issue...and if I had known that would be the case for the SINGLE PLAYER portion of the game, I wouldn't have bought the game.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Worth every penny. The game revolves around hunting for loot, so if you're not into that then don't bother. For people who are into it, it's awesome.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I bet the people who voted they didnt like it dont even have the game :)

Anyways this game is all about getting the loot .  But there are these demons that are trying to slow you down , your task is to have high enough dps that you can kill everything fast but not too much dps that your hp is too low . Also alot of magic find % on your items so you get more phat lewt!

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Fun, simple, visually impressive dungeon crawler. Lacks depth, setup for expansion (a little disappointing).

If you love hunting for loot it's a pretty good game. Best played with friends after finishing normal. Frantic action and satisfying hits on enemies. Combat is fun in general. Bosses play like WoW raids. Skills system seems like direct lift from MoP (or vice versa) but fun to experiement with. 

If you're looking for some sort of epic rpg with expansive lands and deep character creation then to run around and explore in you won't find it here. Lots of small art pieces to enjoy and nice backgrounds but nothing spectacular in terms of level design or gameplay.

The short of it is that it's a polished version of Dungeon Siege 3 and some fine artists behind it. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Unless, of course, there's server lag, in which case you will get lag killed, or logged out in the middle of a dungeon just to have to restart the entire level over....ON SINGLE PLAYER MODE.

Maybe I'm trolling now...But three posts in a row about how it's a 'loot hunter'....well....It's a great game if you could actually play it when you wanted to, and didn' thave to deal with internet issues in SINGLE PLAYER MODE.  Sorry, but that is a huge issue to me.  It's a single player game...wtf.

I would wait until it goes on sell for 20 bucks.

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Played D1, D2 and now D3.

The only one out of those 3 I didn't care for was D2 (I know im in the large minority there)

This game has been great fun, if you have another member of your house you like to play multiplayer with or other friends you like to play with, you would be hard pressed to find a better game in this genre to play.

For single player, it' still very fun...story isn't much and never has been, loot explosions are where it's at. The abilities are pretty cool, the fights have been fund, and I think it has been money well spent on my part, especially waiting close to 10 years for it.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

if your looking for a mmorpg like tera or any other mmorpg ..stay away from it..if you looking for a single player game with co-op like an xbox type game ..buy it...D3 is what it is..a dungeon crawler and good co-op single player game to play with friends

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

"No, i didn't like the Direction taken by Blizz for this game"

Pretty much that one.

I don't care so much about launch issues at all. They are just that: issues that plague a game in only a sliver of its intended lifetime.

It's more of the dumbing down of an already simple formula, the lack of giving you a wide range of choices in character development right from the start and the forced to play online and RMAH bits which I don't like about it.

It's feels like just a "monster clicker" without much of the interesting choices to make. Kind of a step backwards for the hack & slash model compared to where Blizzard could have gone with it.

It isn't the Diablo 2 sequel which I have been hoping for in the past years. It feels a bit like prostitution of a cherrished IP; the Starwars prequels spring to mind.

Are you aware of the elective mode option?

Yes. But I don't see how that changes anything of what I wrote. It just lets you put in any skill you unlocked in any button slot, right? A basic functionality which every other game known to mankind offers, only without much more intuitive dragging and dropping this time around?

In elective mode there are 756 different active skill combinations for every class (126 skills X 6 Slots)... and that's not including any passive combinations added in. There are 42 passive skill combinations for each class (14 Skills X 3 slots). And yes most runes turn skills into a completely different thing so they do count.

756 x 42 =  31752 combinations for each class.

There's a little more maths to do because the same skill can't appear more than once.. but it's in that ballpark.

The system has definately not been dumbed down. The numbers don't lie...

When they decide to add the ability to switch between two skill builds, it's likely they will eventually, those numbers will be in the billions.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Replaying the same identical story with higher difficulty is NOT extra gameplay.

Thats what diablos all about though. Same for the previous games.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Just a reminder...the launched only sucked for the Americas...and actually....it was technically 12 hours into the initial launch before the server bugged. Asia and Europe launch was flawless.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Vannor

In elective mode there are 756 different active skill combinations for every class (126 skills X 6 Slots)... and that's not including any passive combinations added in. There are 42 passive skill combinations for each class (14 Skills X 3 slots). And yes most runes turn skills into a completely different thing so they do count.

There's a little more maths to do because the same skill can't appear more than once.. but it's in that ballpark.

When they decide to add the ability to switch between two skill builds, it's likely they will eventually, those numbers will be in the billions.

I find the skill system reminiscent of GW2. Lots of choice with no gimping of self.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by Vannor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination

Read, learn.

Flame on!

:)

• Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Blizzard have nailed it. Never had so much fun playing a game. totally addictive

Certainly seems to be the case so far. But the important thing for me is if I'll still find it fun once my character is 60.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

It is good enough, but not worth the full price at the moment.

Just wait few months and get it discounted.

Diablo 3 is basically Diablo 2.1

I was expecting much more from Blizzard.........................it took them 12 years to deliver an update of a great IP and wasted the chance.

By the way, Diablo 2 developers are basically Arenanet, so If you want to play Diablo 3 and online buy GW2 instead

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by bossalinie
    Just a reminder...the launched only sucked for the Americas...and actually....it was technically 12 hours into the initial launch before the server bugged. Asia and Europe launch was flawless.

Not really,it took me almost 2 hours until i was able to log in game that night and from the posts on european forums(which i read during attempts to log ) asians had their share of problems too.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by ste2000
    It is good enough, but not worth the full price at the moment.Just wait few months and get it discounted. Diablo 3 is basically Diablo 2.1I was expecting much more from Blizzard.........................it took them 12 years to deliver an update of a great IP and wasted the chance. By the way, Diablo 2 developers are basically Arenanet, so If you want to play Diablo 3 and online buy GW2 instead

i bought both.

and to answer the OP's question, its only worth it if you are happy with your purchase.

how many boring console games get sold for $60? this game is better than most console games, i will say that.

i want to know if there is a game that people don't complain about and if they don't it is probably because they don't care.

sorry guys, its worth it to me. i have spent $60 on far worse that is for sure.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Thats an abundant number of "Yes" considering the great amount of post in the forums saying it sucks.....

For me its great. Considering that I haven't gotten to the meat of things when I get to Nightmare and beyond the story is entertaining and the gameplay is awesome. Im not taken back by the gfx like many others are. For me the game is doing what its supposed to do, be fun image