Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best 50$ i ever spent.

2»

Comments

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I did not buy or subscribe to Tera, but I think it was fun and not a bad game.  More power to anyone who is enjoying themselves, really why care how other people have fun?

I actually would have gotten Tera if it wasn't my 3rd pick out of TSW, GW2, Tera, there is only so much time to play video games in a day :/   But I don't get why people want to badmouth other games constantly or belittle people who like them?  Well except for PW, I'll bash that one all day long!!!  oops, did I say that out loud :P

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by deziwright

Thank you bluehole for making something as amazing as TERA!

For the third time in my life an mmo has brought me the sensation i have sought.

ADVENTURE

Its true, this one year old Korean game is the best thing to ever cost $50 in the whole of forever.

You can trust that I am not a fanboy by my statement that excludes and real detail as to why I think this.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Shrug.. It's the same story every new MMO RPG launch. During beta and for the first month it will get praised as WoW killed, sparkling flamewars in its general chat but slowly die off as people start to see past gimmicks are see the bland and repeating core. We will see in a month.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Same here, best mmo i've played in a long while. It's like rift with action combat + politics system + guild pvp. Art and lore is amazing. And i'm a guild wars 2 fan boy ^^

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I think you could get way more content out of Aion. 

I bought Tera and have been playing it the last couple of days, and right now I'm almost having to force myself to play. You all have had those games, where you know you need to play because you invested money or subscribed to it. Then you think to yourself, when I log on, I am going to basically be doing the same thing over and over.  Well I'm sorry, this is not the best $50 I have invested on a game. I will not resubscribe. 

Tera is all dressed up but has no place to go.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

For the third time in my life an mmo has brought me the sensation i have sought.

ADVENTURE

EDIT: SIDES PRON

I'm curious, are you on a pvp server or pve?

I ask because I find the pvp servers have more life, there's more going on. Well at least as can be compared to the pvp and pve servers that I'm on.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by entityx

I just started playing it while I wait for TSW to launch, so I had little-to-no expectations. And must say that I am quite impressed, and enjoying it. Not the best money I have spent, but fun. I just wish someone would break the collect/kill x of y quest treadmill.

Yeah this game takes it to the next level bro. Huge fan of the game, but it truly gets repitive and irritating all the time. As you level up monsters become harder (derp of course) and the amount you have to kill even more so. You start to spend insane amounts of time camping the same mob while checking your back not to be RPK'd.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Sovrath

ADVENTURE

EDIT: SIDES PRON

I'm curious, are you on a pvp server or pve?

I ask because I find the pvp servers have more life, there's more going on. Well at least as can be compared to the pvp and pve servers that I'm on.

Full agree, I rolled a new character on a different PvP server to see if it's the same all around, yeah, every PvP server is absolutely full of life and it's refreshing.

A friend and I have been leveling today and so far we've gone from 1-20 and aren't planning on stopping, engaging in PvP conflicts every 20 minutes or so is certainly refreshing.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

To answer a few of you i actually play on Celestial Hills PVE server.

I love pvp, i am always on pvp servers. this is the first game i have chosen a pve server because i want to focus on making sure everything that has hp dies in this game :D

I am excited for GvG to be implemented on pve servers as it sounds that route is taking place. It has been mentiond by en masse several times now this is something they want coded/implemented.

Celestial Hills is certainly not as vibrant as some of the pvp servers or the pve server dragonfall.

BUT. It is definately a more mature crowd. Not saying anyone from another server is immature. I do peek in on other servers due to friends choosing pvp.

Why didn't i choose pvp in tera? I am very anti-gank.

Peace and Love <3

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

My title was obviously a joke and anyone that came in here to hate seriously needs to rethink his life choices. Cause these are games. Not life. I understand a lot of this community has no interest in Tera but hating it makes you a joke. Its a game. Just say "pass" and play what you want. I do not call you an idiot for liking Game-X. <3

I love Tera. Deal with it. <3

Hero Evermore

Still loving Tera to the fullest! The gear grind has begun and though playing a zerker can be frustrating due to some greedy tanks that kick us, the community as whole is wonderful on celestial hills!

Lots of reputation farming to do. that sure is going to take forever but hey thats "end game".

Would certainly like to see more dungeons to do at 60 but the two that prepare you for hard modes are pretty fun and I am yet to tire of them after 20ish runs! Just love killing stuff! ROAR!

Hero Evermore