Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In which MMO world would you live?

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I'd say Tyria so I could bed sexy plant chicks.  I love exotic delicacies.

OK, seriously now ... Tyria.

To bed plant chicks.

And the scenery is nice too.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Propably Rubi-Ka (the planet of Anarcy Online), im just a sucker for great sci-fi scenery and story (one thing Funcom has always been great at, atmosphere, backround, setting, lore and storytelling).

edit: additional info for younger generations who don't know in what MMO Rubi-Ka is :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by calranthe

The secret world

But you ARE living there as we speak, you just don't know the secrets ;)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122

Either in the world of Granado Espada or Blade & Soul

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

Star Wars of course! (Assuming I'd be really strong with the force, which I for sure would be.)

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , EVE-Online hands down. Can be a billionaire in no time and prostitutes are cheap :P

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , EVE-Online hands down. Can be a billionaire in no time and prostitutes are cheap :P

And you can't die because of cloning technology ;)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

A Tale in the Desert, because it has one of the few game worlds in which I might be able to survive.  Fighting scary monsters and risking death is fine for a computer game, but I wouldn't want to do it for real.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

Either Sosaria (UO) or Telon (VG). Sosaria the world of old school Ultima Online. I don't think that anything compares to it and don't believe that anything ever will.

Then there is Telon. One of the only game worlds I've ever been in that seemed like an actual living breathing world.

• PyreSpiritPyreSpirit Member Posts: 58

Eve without hesitation.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

I second EvE, hands down.  Being in a place/time where you could travel across a galaxy multiple times during your life!  How could anything possibly top that?

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by kanezfan

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Quirhid

Originally posted by Connmacart Easy Answer STO. It might suck as a game, but think about it. Replicators for all your food or other material  desires, Holodecks, Excellent healthcare. I'd find a nice spot on Earth or any other decent planet in the federation and live like a king.
    Yeah. STO easy.
    Makes you wonder why anyone in the Federation even bothered to have a job. 

But the trouble with living in the Star Trek universe is there's always world /galaxy destroying dangers that kill millions if not billions at a time. 

Not quite so rosy when you think about it like that.

Yeah I would love to live in Star Trek too but I think I'd maybe get me a ship and fly a few light years OUT of the Milky Way and just live on my ship, with a fake holodeck family on a fake holodeck world and say screw you to the rest of the universe. Actually there was a Deep Space 9 episode kind of like that. This old guy created a whole town from a holo projector and people there started disappearing because the thing needed repairs. I think it was Dax that fixed it and they all "lived" happily ever after.

You can't leave the galaxy their is a barrier around the galaxy preventing anything from leaving ;) So you need to live inside it.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Atys (Ryzom) or the SWG universe

• Sata123Sata123 Member Posts: 34

LOTRO

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Tyria- In Sylvari homeworld under the tree:)

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Vanguard SOH or SWTOR

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Loke666

Pre searing Ascalon, it seems so peaceful and beutiful.

But I am not really that impressed by MMO worlds, compared to P&P RPG worlds they feel rather one dimensional.

Oh, and they place I don't want to live is Miscatonic...

Yep, Pre searing Ascalon sounds nice too.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Coronet Pre-NGE  - SWG.

Blue Leaf Temple - SWG

Stormwind - WoW

Thunderbluff - WoW

To start...

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

LOL .. who want to live in a world with constant fighting, no internet and no good restaurants.

These are GAMES, people.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

It's just about the "worlds". You don't have to imagine fighting in it if you don't want to. :)

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Risa, from star trek on-line :)

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

LOL .. who want to live in a world with constant fighting, no internet and no good restaurants.

These are GAMES, people.

errr.... where are you from? 

Not from planet Earth im sure...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Without a doubt, EVE Online.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

These are GAMES, people.

Rubi-Ka constant fighting yes. But dying doesn't realy matter, more of nuisance than real issue. Good restaurants might be issue, but atleast there is alcohol and burgers and cakes... Also there is kinda internet.

Still, depends on where you end up, being a miner or terrorist might be a bad...

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Without a doubt, EVE Online.

Same.  The rest of you fools can live in a fantasy world where you die of infection before you are 30.  I would rather live in the world of EVE where if I do manage to die I can simply be reborn in a clone.  Can't go wrong with immortality. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!