Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont like your game

Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

And you dont like mine. But that doesnt mean your game sucks, nor does it mean mine sucks. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Human nature. Now polish your ears! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Swollen_BeefSwollen_Beef Member UncommonPosts: 190

stop liking what i dont like!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Amjoco

No, its not.

Its immature.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by Golelorn

Its immature.

And we're proud of it.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

And you dont like mine. But that doesnt mean your game sucks, nor does it mean mine sucks. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Actually the game I like does suck.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

What would be the point of it all, if all of us were in agreement????

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I don't like you...

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by madjonNZ

What would be the point of it all, if all of us were in agreement????

I agree!

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

I am sucky game, trying to be like every other sucky game, disguised as another sucky game!

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Because internet anonymity allows people to be total douchebags and some people get their jollies by taking full advantage of it.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

This thread changed my life.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Because generally speaking in this genre, your game probably does suck, and the rest of us want something else but everyone else is still supporting garbage. 

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Actually, your game is terrible.  But not because you like it, nor because I don't.  So yes, your original post is still correct.  But your game is still terrible.  :p

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The answer is simple:

Concede, admit defeat and then follow my tweets!!!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Heres the real question, why should anyone listen to a ferengi?

There like if you took jabba the hut, eqoks, jar jar and kilngons and rolled them up into a ball.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• demongoatdemongoat Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Originally posted by Amjoco

No, its not.

Its immature.

what? you think because it is immature that it isn't human nature? :)

humans aren't exactly known for rising above immaturity, the internet is the shining example of immaturity.

it is quite human to react immaturally when people don't like what you like, you can pin that down to a consumerist society that tells both children and adults that your worth as a person is down to what you buy, the clothing you wear, the food you eat, the car you drive and the entertainment you consume.

i mean look at the way people care so much about brandnames, really who cares if you buy one shirt with a label by X over one  with label Y? they basically come from the same place anyway.

same with say xbox verses ps3 or ford verses chevy.  or anything really, we have been conditioned to care about brand loyalty, for what? profit mostly, nothing more.

games are just like that, you don't like X game? it is seen not as a personal opinion that is noted but doesn't matter other than that someone doesn't like a game.  no it is viewed as an internalized personal attack on anyone who does like a game, since they have defined like so many other things by a blind belief that being a member of an exclusive group of people who like X makes them a better person.

i mean why should i care if someone likes gw2? over say tera? some people apparently do, it makes them feel like they are a better person because they perceive the views that gw2 a better game and a better choice as a direct reflection of them as a good consumer and thus a better person.

companies have been feeding off our sometimes low self-esteem about how well we can perceive a good product from a bad one for the last 150 years.

when you are told that what you are using is crap and you should use X brand because all the cool kids do, or  X does what Y does only better, and you are an idiot if you don't , then what would most people do? they would use X since they are so easily swayed and want to be part of a group.

TL;DR? people are easily manupulated into believing that their selfworth is determined by the choices they make buying stuff, this includes games.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Anecdote incoming:

I have a friend who just got a PS3 and the only games he got when he picked it up were all MXC-vs-ATV-type games. I find them boring as all shit, I mean eye-melting volumes of lame, but he can zonk out and find the funnest time running circles in a dirt track. I, for the life of me, just do not get it.

So a few weeks after that I see Fallout: New Vegas on sale for like 16$, and I tell myself "Oh man, I am doing him the biggest favor"... but when I get it to him, he is immediately turned off by everything it has to offer. His crab claws can't handle the gameplay, and he thinks using VATS is stupid (because he can't figure out how to use it properly, and he NEEDS it), not to mention the simple idea of following waypoints and using the pip-boy is like the SATs for him. I was amazed at how utterly pointless it was trying to get him to like this very awesome game (that he, by ALL means, should love).

~The moral of the story is that some people have absolutely no mental skills, hand-eye coordination or *taste*, so an entire genre is lost to them, and they will argue up and down that the insipid shit they are into trumps all else.... Also, that I need new friends...

On the other hand, I was able to convince him that Katamari Damacy is epic... but that one doesn't take much to fathom.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Another topic that discus a subject whats being discussed about million times before lol.