Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

3.6/10 user score with 2071 reviews on Metacritic

Comments

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member
    Originally posted by ThaneUlfgar

A bunch of butthurt nerds down voted because they were butthurt about the down time?

Shocking....

1. @__
    2. .... ___//___?____________
    3. ..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
    4. .....`==={@}=====+===={@}--';  

Unfortunately reading the reviews over there, out of reading something like 100 of them, I saw 4 talking about the down time.  The rest are about graphics, the shortness of the game, the skill mechanics being garbage, the lack of real PVP, or any of its other problems.   

However I doubt that will convince any of the fanboys right now.  Its too early.  In a months time the defenders will quiet down.

• GrailerGrailer HamiltonPosts: 876Member Uncommon

Completed ACT 1 and 2 . yes connection was a problem but once you get in game its fine .

Ive disconnected a few times but that was error on my end . So  1 out of 10 for having to have internet connection for solo game.

BUT the game is hellish fun!  I got to boss in ACT 2 and died so I switched to a more single target dps build and won . You cant just switch builds this easily in most games so I wouldve been screwed .

Its just fun fun fun fun , thats all I can say without spoiling too much .

Also gold is valuable because Im always running out , sometimes I cant salvage gear because I need gold faster .

• banditoabanditoa windham, OHPosts: 12Member

you'd have to be an absolute moron or a really really desperate hater to think that the metacritic score is tanked because the game is actually bad. it's blatantly obvious that a bunch of kids were mad that the servers were hammered on launch, and couldn't play, so they decided to be super mature about it and go rage on metacritic.

diablo 3 is a fantastic game. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Siveria

Guess the fanboys relised the game is nothing like diablo 2, and shouldn't even really be called Diablo at all. Took them long enough imo.

They said the same thing about Diablo 2 being nothing like Diablo 1.  Of course all three of them having Diablo as the main focus may have something to do with the name.

All I know is this oO

D2 - 8.5 out of 236 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii

D3 - 3.6 out of 2198 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

And how long after D2's release did metacritic actually launch their site? See I remember the D2 launch. I was in line the moment it went on sale. I remember the invalid CD keys, overcrowding, and hundreds of bad installation disks. I bet none of that was mentioned on metacritic.

Metacritic launched Jan, 2001.

D2 launched June 2000 for PC and July 2000 for Mac.

So you are right.........

D2: Lord of Destruction Launched June 2001 - 9.0 out of 173 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction

Same excuse or are we going with a new one this time?

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,212Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

Everyone knows metacritic user reviews are crap. Unless they slam games in competition with Blizzard, in which case  they are dead-on and reliable.

No they're pretty much all crap. Blizzaerd just gets more hate because it's he cool thing to do. Sometimes they even deserve it.

Lets be fair here, there is a difference between Blizzard and Activision Blizzard. Activision Blizzard gets more hate, but sadly it's usually because of moves like this. They have been notorious with their blunders after the aquasition. Things like Real ID and Online Only single player games can give a company a real bad rep in a hurry. 

To be fair Blizzard Pre-WoW was not the same as Blizzard post WoW.  Long before Activision. On the other hand I know the history of why they went with nearly online only, and then online only, single player games. It had a lot to do with what happened to  Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. It's the actions of players and the over-reactions of Blizzard. The Facebook, Twitter, etc.  craze played it's part too. The Battlenet they're trying to build  is rather grandiose.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Guess the fanboys relised the game is nothing like diablo 2, and shouldn't even really be called Diablo at all. Took them long enough imo.

They said the same thing about Diablo 2 being nothing like Diablo 1.  Of course all three of them having Diablo as the main focus may have something to do with the name.

All I know is this oO

And how long after D2's release did metacritic actually launch their site? See I remember the D2 launch. I was in line the moment it went on sale. I remember the invalid CD keys, overcrowding, and hundreds of bad installation disks. I bet none of that was mentioned on metacritic.

No the LoD launch was pretty flawless.Other than the few complaints about the new rune systems.  It was cracked for CD copying on launch day. How many people knew what Metacritic was in 2001? That's a pretty small sample for an expansion that sold a million copies the first week. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Edmonton, ABPosts: 793Member

Hmm. I'll stick to PoE for now I guess.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• LagozLagoz LohjaPosts: 92Member

There's like 900, 0 point reviews due to people not being able to log-in on the first day.

Gotta say this is totally unreliable for D3.

The game is great 8)

• TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

I wonder how much of this game's rep at this point is just coasting on IP recognition alone.  Online single player?  Real world cash shop? 

It might be a cool game, but the fact that Diablo 1 and 2 established the name can't be hurting it.

• PainlezzPainlezz Laguna Hills, CAPosts: 616Member Uncommon

Read the review comments... 90% of them are complaing about no character customization....

These people are COMPLETE IDIOTS...  I've only played a single class so far (Witch Doctor) and the customization options with skills are insane.   I can try out so many different types of builds I don't even know where to begin.  A few examples:

I can get a build that uses Health instead of mana and heals me with spell damage to counter it.

I can get a build with TONS of perma pets that run around and tank shit for me.

I can get a build with lots and LOTS of slow and DoT damage.  Kite stuff around and poison it to death.

I can make a build with big hard hitting spells.

I can continue to go on and on!  I'm loving this game. 

Gear/Equipment/Items in this game opens up even more customization that Diablo 2 ever could dream.  ANYONE can wear ANYTHING (just about). 

Want to be a sorc in plate with a 2h mace?  Sure!  

Want to be a Barb with a bow in a mini-skirt?  No Problem!

Want to build a glass cannon?  Sure thing!

Want to build a sorc with more HP than any barb ever?  Sure!

You have COMPLETE customization in Diablo 3, but it's no locked in like DIablo 2.  You can build sets of gear based on how you want to play to adjust your stats.  And you can swap skills around based on how you want to play as well.

• jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon

They may lose a few sales due to MC reviews, but it wont hurt them overall I think. The names Blizzard and Diablo will carry most of the weight as far as sales go.

Cany wait to see how many boxes sold already when they release the numbers.

• DalanoDalano missoula, MTPosts: 116Member

All I know is this oO

In 2001, Blizzard was viewed by a good number of gamers as one of the top development studios in the biz. Now that they've been on top for so long they draw the hipster hate. 

Playing: FFXIV, EVE

Originally posted by Dalano

All I know is this oO

In 2001, Blizzard was viewed by a good number of gamers as one of the top development studios in the biz. Now that they've been on top for so long they draw the hipster hate. 

Yep, has nothing to do with anything they've done....... it's just hipsters hating on Blizzard.

So far people have LOVED Real ID and Online Only Single player games. It's not because quality and content has been slipping in favor of maximizing profits. These things have been universally well recieved. Those complaining don't really dislike Diablo 3 or the server issues, they don't really dislike the gameplay or the art and graphics. They don't dislike the story or having to rerun levels over and over.

It's just hipsters hating on Blizzard for being number 1.

• AdamTMAdamTM Frankfurt Am MainPosts: 1,376Member
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Originally posted by AdamTM
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Originally posted by TurkeyBurger

[snip]

Who cares.

Metacritic is not a review website, its an opinion aggregation website.

Its like likes on facebook. You don't get to say which ones are "valid" and which ones aren't.

The MC score is representative of the global feel about a game, nothing more, nothing less.

That's untrue. With big releases like this one it is often more representative of how many campaigns were started to rate the game 0 with poorly written reviews and how many competitors can game the system.

There are real user reviews in there, I'm not denying that, but the point is there is a lot more complete garbage. 

And I'm sorry, but saying Metacritic is not a review website is a bit disingenuous. The button I clicked said "User Reviews."  When you post a review it says "Review this game."  

And yes I do get to say which ones are valid. The guy complaining that you don't get to play Diablo so he gave it a 0 or whatever, yeah that's complete crap. The guy saying that it needs horde and alliance...complete crap.  Just like anyone that posted " Best game evar zomg I love this game wow its amazing" would not be a good review. 

You are advocating large scale conspiracy.

And no you don't get to say whats valid or not, because there is no objective standard for rating.

QED

All I know is this oO

Yep, has nothing to do with anything they've done....... it's just hipsters hating on Blizzard.

So far people have LOVED Real ID and Online Only Single player games. It's not because quality and content has been slipping in favor of maximizing profits. These things have been universally well recieved. Those complaining don't really dislike Diablo 3 or the server issues, they don't really dislike the gameplay or the art and graphics. They don't dislike the story or having to rerun levels over and over.

People complained about RealID and single player online games. They still lined up to help Blizzard set new sales records and they're doing it again. I'm going with actions speak louder than words.  

All I know is this oO

People complained about RealID and single player online games. They still lined up to help Blizzard set new sales records and they're doing it again. I'm going with actions speak louder than words.  

Yep, from the numbers I've seen so far it seems to be between 3.6m and 4m that lined up in droves to buy it. Though 1.4m were given the game free with their  WoW pass. So that cuts it down a bit, but it's still a respectable number.  They are still pushing between 1-3mil, while not bad it's not exactly great for a Blizzard game coasting on its name.

I think that kind of speaks loud and clear on it's own.

• AsboAsbo ManchesterPosts: 796Member Uncommon

I've never ever jumped on the Bli$$ard bang wagon and have no intention of doing so now. For me they care only about your $$ or ££ or whatever country you are from money makes them crack out this crap. Until us the consumer stop buying this type of rubbish then companies such as Bli$$ard or $OE will keep turning it out when will the consumer learn.

Wow never got my money for will D3 0/10 from me and that's cuz I don't give a hoot about their products.

Asbo

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Gainesville, FLPosts: 1,053Member

I actually had zero expectations on Diablo 3 but it is actually really good, when it is working.  It is down a lot which is inexcusable, but the game itself is very fun.  Ignoring the server issues, I'd give it at least a 9.  In my view the bad reviews are mostly people raging over the server outages and the requirement to be logged in at all times.

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

All I know is this oO

Yep, from the numbers I've seen so far it seems to be between 3.6m and 4m that lined up in droves to buy it. Though 1.4m were given the game free with their  WoW pass. So that cuts it down a bit, but it's still a respectable number.  They are still pushing between 1-3mil, while not bad it's not exactly great for a Blizzard game coasting on its name.

I think that kind of speaks loud and clear on it's own.

They got 1.4 million to buy another year of WoW. What that speaks clearly of is pure win. I suspect they will sell another million+ in their first week. With the slump the computer game industry is in that's amazing.

• jusomdudejusomdude Somewhere, KSPosts: 2,401Member

Lol @ people thinking these are actually real ratings of the game and not due to the server issues.

• NightCloakNightCloak Barrington, ILPosts: 450Member

All I know is this oO

Actions do speak louder than words. People buying the game in droves is highly contrary to the vocal minority spewing hate on Metacritic.

I, personally, read between the lines when reading reviews. Professional reviews are worthless to me other than to tell me what the game is about. They've scored total bombs of games well and tend to over-sell anything that isnt just total crap. The most recent MW has great reveiwer scores, bad user scores, sold very well.

User scores cannot be taken at face value and the actual number provided is worthless. Read what is being said about whats bad and take that into account rather than what their opinion of the game is. The game not working day 1 pissed me off. But once I got into the game and started playing it, it was far better than a 3.6. Is the game a 9 or 10? Don't know. But so far I am getting a lot of what I expected and wanted.

• sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONPosts: 1,119Member

the game is absoutely amazing. ive a lvl 26 monk and the amount of viable, fun builds is staggering. D3 will keep many busy until GW2 is out, and then some.

metacritic rage-reviewing doesnt phase me one bit. it didnt for ME3, in which i invested about 250 hours, and it wont for D3 =)

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    You guys are crazy I you actually believe that Diablo is a 3 out of 10. Absolutely crazy.

Metacritic user reviews are very binary. If anything pisses them of they give it a 0. If they like it they go 10.

There are like 900 scores of zero.

This game is a freaking 8 or 9. Seriously stupid.

The blizzard hate patrol is going to jump all over this like it actually means something, when it doesn't.

All those people that are pissed about not being able to connect? Yeah they are playing the crap out of the game right now. They love it. They are the people that were awake at launch time with mountain dew and pizza and adult diapers to play for 20 hours straight.

They are the nerd rage contingent. They will post everywhere about how terrible the game is, but then they will play it. They will buy CE an they will play it.

Don't kid yourself, every 0 score on there is playing the game still and loving it. If they even bought the game at all.

Money talks.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,205Member Uncommon

Well, I can't stop playing so...it's a 9 out of 10 for me.  Would be 10 out of 10 but the server issues bring it down a point hehe.

• Major69er1Major69er1 Vero Beach, FLPosts: 77Member Common

umm servers down again 1/10 is my vote