Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.6/10 user score with 2071 reviews on Metacritic

Comments

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

It's a good thing no one uses metacritic to decide whether or not to buy a game.  There are just too many agendas and emotional responses.

Again, you sure about that?

Look at EA and the problems they had with MC with games like DA2 and ME3.  Both games sold under projected expectations (DA2 way under).

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by dead2soon
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

No way, Diablo 3 is just the most anticipated MMO of the Year. Thats why it's being advertised so heavily here.

Pretty sure Diablo 3 is in no way shape or form an MMO. Aside from the always have to be online to play part that is.

i can be wrong but the post of GrayGhost seem a clear irony...

D3 is on MMORPG forum but that doesnt make the game a MMO. how could a 4 players coop game call MMO?loool

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Originally posted by Zadawn

I have nothing against D3 or blizzard,but all the denying in this thread(and not only) is amusing.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to enjoy the game and disagree with the people that don't like it.

We should obviously just accept whatever you guys say as fact and adapt our opinions to fit the opinions of those that don't like the game.  

Or you could just express your own opinion but respect that others aren't necessarily going to agree with you.

We can disagree without being combative can't we?

You got on one posters case for "cherry picking" complaints, removed the ones he quoted from the post you quoted and cherry picked your own so I'm not sure how you came up with people are not allowing you your opinion when you are trying to deny others theirs to begin with. If you had left the other posters post as it was and said not everyone is giving rational complaints and giving examples a discussion could have came out of that.

I just removed them for saving the length of the quote. I snip stuff all the time for that reason. I am not trying to deny anyone's opinion. 

I simply posted examples of obvious trolls posting ridiculous reviews. He was countering the argument that metacritic is useless AAAAND he went on to insule the person he quoted with "Or are you too busy stuffing your mouth with Blizz Diablow three turds to read?"

Read the freaking post I quoted, he was being a total jerk to the person he quoted. All I said was that he cherry picked his review to prove a point, which he did.  Did i say he had a mouth full of turds? Nope.

Think you are complaining about the wrong person here. I didn't insult anyone. He did. Maybe you should revise your statement. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Guess the fanboys relised the game is nothing like diablo 2, and shouldn't even really be called Diablo at all. Took them long enough imo.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Originally posted by Zadawn

I have nothing against D3 or blizzard,but all the denying in this thread(and not only) is amusing.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to enjoy the game and disagree with the people that don't like it.

We should obviously just accept whatever you guys say as fact and adapt our opinions to fit the opinions of those that don't like the game.  

A review is a review,people's vote matters,stop trying to assume that they gave the game a negative mark just because servers were down or other launch problems.That's denying.You may enjoy the game and good for you,but that doesn't mean people only gave it a bad mark because they hate it and not because it is a sub par game(which i do not think it is).

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

A bunch of butthurt nerds down voted because they were butthurt about the down time?

Shocking....

1. @__
    2. .... ___//___?____________
    3. ..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
    4. .....`==={@}=====+===={@}--';  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

No way, Diablo 3 is just the most anticipated MMO of the Year. Thats why it's being advertised so heavily here.

Pretty sure Diablo 3 is in no way shape or form an MMO. Aside from the always have to be online to play part that is.

D3 is on MMORPG forum but that doesnt make the game a MMO. how could a 4 players coop game call MMO?loool

You would be correct my friend.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    @Zadawn

Except I just posted several reviews where te only thing mentioned was that the server was down.

And there are hundreds more. Lol.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

It's all rage from day one issues.  I've been playing with my gf nonstop (probably got about 25 hours or so in) and I think the game is amazing.  Honestly, people can rage on it all they like.  Most of them are probably still playing right now.  And if they weren't, I still would be so it really makes no difference.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Everyone knows metacritic user reviews are crap. Unless they slam games in competition with Blizzard, in which case  they are dead-on and reliable.

• kalsigurkalsigur Member Posts: 27

I agree with the OP.

These fanbois are so engrossed with their preconcieved notions of this crap that they blindly and ignorantly defend it while shoveling shit down their throats. Literally. 

I understand: you waited YEARS to get to play it, and by golly, no one is gonna stop you now!

Blizzard says thank you for your blind obedience. Blizzard, the new Opiate of the Masses. 

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Because that is such a reliable site *rolls eyes*

You know everyone got on there and down voted it  because of the login issues I mean come on...

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by p_c_sousa

You would be correct my friend.

*cough* revenue *cough*

There is a reason a single player/4 person coop hack and slash got reviewed and posted on "Massive" multiplayer website.

Hell call of duty has more players and more massive multiplayer content than Diablow. Maybe that will be reviewed next? 10/10 GOTY!

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Siveria

Guess the fanboys relised the game is nothing like diablo 2, and shouldn't even really be called Diablo at all. Took them long enough imo.

They said the same thing about Diablo 2 being nothing like Diablo 1.  Of course all three of them having Diablo as the main focus may have something to do with the name.

All I know is this oO

D2 - 8.5 out of 236 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii

D3 - 3.6 out of 2198 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Member Posts: 49

They said the same thing about Diablo 2 being nothing like Diablo 1.  Of course all three of them having Diablo as the main focus may have something to do with the name.

All I know is this oO

BOOM!

CHECK

AND

MATE

BLIZZDRONEZ

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Everyone knows metacritic user reviews are crap. Unless they slam games in competition with Blizzard, in which case  they are dead-on and reliable.

No they're pretty much all crap. Blizzaerd just gets more hate because it's he cool thing to do. Sometimes they even deserve it.

Lets be fair here, there is a difference between Blizzard and Activision Blizzard. Activision Blizzard gets more hate, but sadly it's usually because of moves like this. They have been notorious with their blunders after the aquasition. Things like Real ID and Online Only single player games can give a company a real bad rep in a hurry. 

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by ThaneUlfgar

A bunch of butthurt nerds down voted because they were butthurt about the down time?

Shocking....

1. @__
    2. .... ___//___?____________
    3. ..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
    4. .....`==={@}=====+===={@}--';  

Unfortunately reading the reviews over there, out of reading something like 100 of them, I saw 4 talking about the down time.  The rest are about graphics, the shortness of the game, the skill mechanics being garbage, the lack of real PVP, or any of its other problems.   

However I doubt that will convince any of the fanboys right now.  Its too early.  In a months time the defenders will quiet down.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Completed ACT 1 and 2 . yes connection was a problem but once you get in game its fine .

Ive disconnected a few times but that was error on my end . So  1 out of 10 for having to have internet connection for solo game.

BUT the game is hellish fun!  I got to boss in ACT 2 and died so I switched to a more single target dps build and won . You cant just switch builds this easily in most games so I wouldve been screwed .

Its just fun fun fun fun , thats all I can say without spoiling too much .

Also gold is valuable because Im always running out , sometimes I cant salvage gear because I need gold faster .

• banditoabanditoa Member UncommonPosts: 13

you'd have to be an absolute moron or a really really desperate hater to think that the metacritic score is tanked because the game is actually bad. it's blatantly obvious that a bunch of kids were mad that the servers were hammered on launch, and couldn't play, so they decided to be super mature about it and go rage on metacritic.

diablo 3 is a fantastic game. 

All I know is this oO

And how long after D2's release did metacritic actually launch their site? See I remember the D2 launch. I was in line the moment it went on sale. I remember the invalid CD keys, overcrowding, and hundreds of bad installation disks. I bet none of that was mentioned on metacritic.

Metacritic launched Jan, 2001.

D2 launched June 2000 for PC and July 2000 for Mac.

So you are right.........

D2: Lord of Destruction Launched June 2001 - 9.0 out of 173 ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction

Same excuse or are we going with a new one this time?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Hmm. I'll stick to PoE for now I guess.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• LagozLagoz Member Posts: 92

There's like 900, 0 point reviews due to people not being able to log-in on the first day.

Gotta say this is totally unreliable for D3.

The game is great 8)

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I wonder how much of this game's rep at this point is just coasting on IP recognition alone.  Online single player?  Real world cash shop? 

It might be a cool game, but the fact that Diablo 1 and 2 established the name can't be hurting it.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Read the review comments... 90% of them are complaing about no character customization....

These people are COMPLETE IDIOTS...  I've only played a single class so far (Witch Doctor) and the customization options with skills are insane.   I can try out so many different types of builds I don't even know where to begin.  A few examples:

I can get a build that uses Health instead of mana and heals me with spell damage to counter it.

I can get a build with TONS of perma pets that run around and tank shit for me.

I can get a build with lots and LOTS of slow and DoT damage.  Kite stuff around and poison it to death.

I can make a build with big hard hitting spells.

I can continue to go on and on!  I'm loving this game. 

Gear/Equipment/Items in this game opens up even more customization that Diablo 2 ever could dream.  ANYONE can wear ANYTHING (just about). 

Want to be a sorc in plate with a 2h mace?  Sure!  

Want to be a Barb with a bow in a mini-skirt?  No Problem!

Want to build a glass cannon?  Sure thing!

Want to build a sorc with more HP than any barb ever?  Sure!

You have COMPLETE customization in Diablo 3, but it's no locked in like DIablo 2.  You can build sets of gear based on how you want to play to adjust your stats.  And you can swap skills around based on how you want to play as well.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

They may lose a few sales due to MC reviews, but it wont hurt them overall I think. The names Blizzard and Diablo will carry most of the weight as far as sales go.

Cany wait to see how many boxes sold already when they release the numbers.