Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

STOP screaming for better graphics, your killing game play !

2»

Comments

• SuraknarSuraknar Montreal, QCPosts: 824Member

Originally posted by Adalwulff

I agree with the OP 100%

It seems like Anet got the msg, thier graphics on GW2 are not out of control shiney. Its funny to hear so many gamers demanding open world, seamless, but no lagg and they want complete sandbox and on and on and on.....

Never stopping to think for a moment, that they are asking too much. Its real simple, we do not have the tech for that yet. For now you must choose. Todays gamers are also spoiled rotten.

So lets send the game devs a msg, that we will accpet middle of the road graphics, for a polished game.

Agreed.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard

• WarjinWarjin Harrisburg, PAPosts: 1,215Member Uncommon

I have to agree with the OP, many people seem to over look that, me personally would take WoW GFX in any MMO for the simple reason it is not a resource hog and it ages really well.

Another thing is I hate when MMO Dev use third party GFX engines, this only means problems because they have to work there MMO around that third party engine to make it work, but that never happens, all we ever get it BUG.BUGS and more BUGS, I respect when they creat there own engine just for that MMO and is the reason WoW is so god dam polished vs other MMO's.

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,402Member Uncommon

Graphics have nothing to do with it.

SWG, at the time, was pushing the envelope to the extreme. We still got to experience deep and gigantic worlds.

I can say the same thing about Vanguard - another nice looking game (at the time) with a huge world.

The problem is that the developers release half-ass games. End of story.

• TurkeyBurgerTurkeyBurger Charlotte, NCPosts: 49Member

If you think that you do not deserve both amazing ground breaking graphics and amazing revolutionary gameplay then you are selling yourself short.

If you think that game companies cannot deliver these things then you are being sold a pile of bullshit.

Stop letting game companies shit on your plate. Stop shoveling mouth fuls of poop into your pie hole and pretending it tastes delicious.

• MikeJTMikeJT BrisbanePosts: 83Member

Good gameplay design doesn't necessarily take any longer to program than bad gameplay design.

You can have a team of the most talented programmers with all the time in the world and you will still come out with a crappy game if your game design is bad. Or you could have the worst programmers in the world (who create buggy, overly complicate code) and still have a brilliant game (albiet one that uses more processing power than it needs to and crashes every 20 minutes).

Good gameplay design is something that can be established in a couple of minutes, or through hours upon hours of play-testing and feedback, either way, more money doesn't always equal better gameplay design.

As such, chosing whether to have good graphics or bad graphics really isn't going to impact on your ability to deliver top-notch gameplay design. The main factor impacting on how good your game design is, is the people who are designing the game.

• IkonoclastiaIkonoclastia SydneyPosts: 185Member Uncommon
    Agree OP, its unfortunately the hordes of monkeys trained by advertisers since birth who are responsible for this. My nephew bought an IPhone 4S 5 months after buying an Iphone. Im like WTF does it do anything better than the 4. Hes like, its a 4S!. Same crap with the graphics sheep, 5 more polygons woot, can I haz for 99 dollars!
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Aiken, SCPosts: 2,081Member
    Originally posted by delete5230

The Secret World is about to fail because of the fancy crap.

Are you insane? The Secret World's graphics are NOT that good. They're on par with a 2005 release. Seriously, do you even know what "Good Graphics" are?

Also, SWTOR had BOTH HORRIBLE graphics and HORRIBLE Gameplay. RIFT had HORRIBLE graphics, and HORRIBLE gameplay. TERA has "DECENT" graphics, and MEDIOCRE repetitive gameplay.

Please, please tell me....where is that "Demand" for better graphics ruining the current genre? I'll give you a little hint, IT'S NOT.

"Demanding" better graphics, of which I've seen none of btw, isn't the current cause of the genre flopping so hard. It's bee over-stressed to the point of nausium that the problem are large companies wanting to make "Cash Grabs" from customers whom they know are nothing but sheep for a previously good companies name. 

@OP: You're wrong on more levels than I could point out in a single post.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,211Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JuJutsu
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

You missed one. The higher the graphics requirements the fewer the characters and mobs can be in a zone without bogging down. So you can choose higher graphics, a more open world, a more populated world. Pick any two.

I pick higher graphics and a more open world.

Then it's empty.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• VocadiVocadi SH, MIPosts: 205Member

I have to say, im not on board with the OP. It seems like a sellout to assume that the decline in quality games is due to graphic requirements. I can't think of any MMO's released in the last two years other than Tera that had nice looking 2012 compatible graphics. 

In fact most of the games I see are underpar when it comes to graphics. Take SWTOR. The graphics are nice in their own way. There is a definite style and theme, they can be maxed out and still look simple or played at minimal specs and be servicable.

Graphics are not the problem with developers. Its greed all the way. Simplify gameplay and content in order to appeal to a broader range of gamers. Whoever pulls the most numbers wins.  So we end up with lifeless games and rehashed content.  This is the issue, not graphics.

2»