Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In which MMO world would you live?

EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

If you could enter the world of your favorite MMO, where would you build your house?

Mine would be in Telara from Rift, somewhere in Silverwood, which is my favorite zone. Probably in Argend Glade, or near Sanctum :)

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Mine would be Lineage 2's original Talking Island. You never know what you will miss untill its gone.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Hmm, if it was possible, I would have quite happily made my home on Tatooine, or Lok, or maybe Dathomir from SWG.

Hell, I would have settled for any SWG planet really (pre NGE of course).

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

TSW cause I love being scared and creeped out.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Massively
    Multi-player
    Outside
    Role
    Playing
    Game

It's a true sandbox, Graphics are real life. Every detail is accounted for. Huge on social engineering. But it has some major drawbacks too. Like, the community sucks. The economy sucks. Everything is overpriced. Most payers would just as soon scam you as help you. But your friends list is long term. Those that do band together do so for a long time. Etc Etc.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Ocean of Tears in Everquest 1, so long as nobody trains a Seafury Cyclops on my house.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

It's a hard pick honestly.

I'd like to live in EQ2's world because it's large and theres a lot of exploration to be had. I'd live in Qeynos or I'd build a cabin in the Enchanted Lands.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

I'd live in Gotham in DCUO.

Love the graphics, the gloom, etc...

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72

Probably Tera for all the smokin' women, heh.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Grizzly Hills in Northrend, WoW. It looks like what I imagine the pacific northwest looks like, it's beautiful. I'd build a cabin in the woods and live off the land. After that, I'd say Tyria, GW2 but not sure where yet since I've only played in one BWE and a stress test.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

Eastern or Western Commonlands in EQ1, the old EC/WC before zone revamp

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

None.. you all may think you would be the valient warrior slaying monsters or the Magic user calling down fire on to his foes, or even the holy cleric, healing his comrades as wave of enemys crash at your castle gate. 

Hate to break it to ya, 99.99% of us here will just be standing there with a stupid ? over their head telling some dude with a sword to kill you 10 rats. Hell, I would probably be the jack ass that have to ask someone to deliver a letter to someone else with in shouting distance. No thank you.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

brobably EvE granted that the planets would be all real and some of them pupulated.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

The secret world

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131

think theres an MMO out there called Red Light District or something along those lines... yeah. That'd be my choice!

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Easy Answer STO. It might suck as a game, but think about it. Replicators for all your food or other material  desires, Holodecks, Excellent healthcare. I'd find a nice spot on Earth or any other decent planet in the federation and live like a king.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I would love in Final Fantasy XIV, even though I wouldnt play the game, the world is <3

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

In Middle-earth :) Easy choice.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Easy Answer STO. It might suck as a game, but think about it. Replicators for all your food or other material  desires, Holodecks, Excellent healthcare. I'd find a nice spot on Earth or any other decent planet in the federation and live like a king.

Yeah. STO easy.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

the Shire (Middle Earth) with Tyria (GW2 version, I didn't play original GW for long time) as a very close second. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    Originally posted by Connmacart

Yeah. STO easy.

Makes you wonder why anyone in the Federation even bothered to have a job.  image

But the trouble with living in the Star Trek universe is there's always world /galaxy destroying dangers that kill millions if not billions at a time. 

Not quite so rosy when you think about it like that. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeepeFoxLeepeFox Member Posts: 17

This is a tough one since I have many fond memories of different mmos. Though probably the place I would live would be in Everquest 2's Queen's Colony (the old starter area that no longer exists).

2nd place would be somewhere in Vana'diel in FFXI Before Chains of Promethia expansion.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Vanilla EQ!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm thinking probably Vanguard right now. I will check out and get back when GW2 releases so I can look at all of it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Quirhid Originally posted by Connmacart Easy Answer STO. It might suck as a game, but think about it. Replicators for all your food or other material  desires, Holodecks, Excellent healthcare. I'd find a nice spot on Earth or any other decent planet in the federation and live like a king.
    Yeah. STO easy.
    Makes you wonder why anyone in the Federation even bothered to have a job. 

But the trouble with living in the Star Trek universe is there's always world /galaxy destroying dangers that kill millions if not billions at a time. 

Not quite so rosy when you think about it like that.

Yeah I would love to live in Star Trek too but I think I'd maybe get me a ship and fly a few light years OUT of the Milky Way and just live on my ship, with a fake holodeck family on a fake holodeck world and say screw you to the rest of the universe. Actually there was a Deep Space 9 episode kind of like that. This old guy created a whole town from a holo projector and people there started disappearing because the thing needed repairs. I think it was Dax that fixed it and they all "lived" happily ever after.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Mystais

Probably Tera for all the smokin' women, heh.

lol is all I'll say. 

I would want to live in Dereth (Asheron's Call) or City of Heroes. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.