Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battle of the Immortals: Our Official BoI Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment's Battle of the Immortals opened in 2010 and has been making steady improvements ever since. We've been putting BoI through its paces. See how it measures up and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

The world of Motenia is a hot mess. The main players in Motenia lore include The Dragon Emperor, a merciless dictator who was sealed in stone by the Witches of the Millennium; the Goddess of Fate, who had a vision which led her to believe that the Dragon Emperor would find a way to free himself; the Immortals who search for Odin, the God-King; and Demitrios, High Priest of Motenia, now corrupt and seething with hatred. Atop Mount Olympus, Demotrios offers his own blood as a sacrifice to wake Cronos, who in turn wages war upon the Immortals. The future of Motenia depends on the brave few (that would be you!) who will take arms against Cronos, the God of Kings.

Read more of Sheila Lewis's Battle of the Immortals: Our Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

lol @the entire review.

its almost impossible to be competitive if youre not going to put a large amount of real cash in the cash shop there are no IF's or BUT's.

and saying you lvl fast? yes at the lower lvls maybe, but im pretty sure what i recall from BOI wasnt fast lvls especially not after say lvl60-70

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I played it for a week or two when it was in late beta (read: launch). It was fun for a while but you covered most of my complaints with it. Still mixed feelings on the speed of leveling (it's almost pointless and it's clearly pandering to the "yay! I accomplished something" mentality and not actually accomplishing anything), and after a while I just got to a certain area where I had nothing to go do. I had no quests for new zones, couldn't find a party for the dungeons ect.

I might give it a go again but honestly I don't see myself getting into this. It's definitely a variation on the gereric MMO theme, but it still plays/feels like the samesy generic MMO clones that come out of Korea (I know this is a PWE game and it comes from China), meaning there's nothign special : /

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

Not being able to change the camera angle and the insanely easy mobs in the early levels made me totally lose interest quite quickly in this game.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

I had friends that spent over 2 thousand to get a top pet thats real life cash. Getting top upgrades for each pice of gear could run about the same. We all called it the gambling game since nothing was garenteed.

It deffinatly needs a standard mmo look to make it more fun.  

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Isn't the copy n paste 'sequel' already out? why bother with the first one?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• magicboyahsmagicboyahs Member Posts: 2

Join Battle Of Immortals! just enter this code when u are creating a character in the abyss server to get special items and pets and gears to help with ur lvling up!

0590176G030800004006989S0fb29f

rmb create your char in the abyss server!

• magicboyahsmagicboyahs Member Posts: 2

this game is a time mmorpg game, the longer u play the more powerful u get. as long as u do daily events every day.

and for those comments ^^^^up there 

this game is not that easy to lvl up

u have to reach lvl 30 before u can get access to the real events that the game gives

and you have to reach lv45 to get  a daily exp item from a NPC

thats right FREE EXP:)

dats y i say this a time game

so come on and join me in the abyss server and enter this introduction ID

Join Battle Of Immortals! just enter this code when u are creating a character in the abyss server to get special items and pets and gears to help with ur lvling up!

0590176G030800004006989S0fb29f

rmb create your char in the abyss server!

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54
    The game is fun in the beginning (althgough I don't like auto move) but later on it's just repeating the same instances and daily quests and that's very boring...