Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why do you think you have a reason to moan?

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Personally I don't think anyone has one. We all knew Diablo 3 was going to be online, we all know there are bugs in ANY game and they don't always surface until its to late.

When you purchased the game you good and well knew what you were buying. There was no secret, the game was for everyone to see. We even had a sneak peak at how a stressed server would handle. We all know extremely popular online games suffer instability every single time.

Seriously though, you honestly think you can moan? This isn't likely most of your guys first rodeo.

Comments

• Blackwater56Blackwater56 kingman, IAPosts: 122Member

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of me not being able to play a single player game because of I have to be on a server.

Could you repeat that?

• rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

Ya because people payed money to play the game, and it was Blizzard fault for making a stupid decision to not allow offline mode. There was no mechanical reason for it not to have offline mode but blizzard decide to do it anyways, and they knew how many people pre-order and amount of friend keys given out as well yet they didn't prepare for it at all. Blizzard, one of the largest gaming company, they should have more than enough fund and staff to make launch go w/o a hitch.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon

I didn't buy it cuz "vote with your wallet" actually makes sense to me. *sips dat cool-aid*

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,497Member Uncommon

People are moaning becasue they are trying to play single player hardcore and their internet connection is killing them.

People are moaning because they are getting lag in their single player experience. 

People are moaning because the servers have been down 14 out of 24 hours.

People are moaning because the game feels too short.

People are moaning because the expectation was that all the bugs would be ironed out by release. Polish was Blizzards reasoning behind taking so long to develop this game and it looks like people are getting hammered by too many errors.

People are moaning because their expectations were too high and the game did not live up to them.

People are moaning because, quite honestly, they can't play right now.

I'm sure there are more reasons to moan.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Blackwater56

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of me not being able to play a single player game because of I have to be on a server.

Could you repeat that?

But you knew it was online only before buying the game, nothing new right? Not like you bought the box and was like wtf it said online optional.

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I didn't buy it cuz "vote with your wallet" actually makes sense to me. *sips dat cool-aid*

Which is fine, you knew what blizzard was offering and made a choice. The others could have done the same, instead paid the bucks for what they knew would happen.

• Blackwater56Blackwater56 kingman, IAPosts: 122Member

Originally posted by Aori

Could you repeat that?

But you knew it was online only before buying the game, nothing new right? Not like you bought the box and was like wtf it said online optional.

Yeah, I must have missed the fine print that said "The servers will be down 80% of the time"

• ace5572ace5572 Perrysburg, OHPosts: 113Member

Seriously though, you honestly think you can moan? This isn't likely most of your guys first rodeo.

I didn't buy Diablo 3, but my roommate did. It must be YOUR first rodeo, because i've never seen a game be down the entire day on release. Thats plenty of reason to complain in itself.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Middletown, OHPosts: 518Member

Could you repeat that?

^this

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• doho7744doho7744 phoenix, AZPosts: 31Member

Personally I don't think anyone has one. We all knew Diablo 3 was going to be online, we all know there are bugs in ANY game and they don't always surface until its to late.

When you purchased the game you good and well knew what you were buying. There was no secret, the game was for everyone to see. We even had a sneak peak at how a stressed server would handle. We all know extremely popular online games suffer instability every single time.

Moan, really.  The only moaning I hear is "Oh god, Oh god".  You might ask why people are complaing and it's cause blizz dropped the ball and activision/booby kotex are ruining a franchise.

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member

Im not moaning because I knew any game that features an online single player mode that has me having to connect to a server in order to play it is bogus.  I wont play a single player game like that. 

I'll forgive an mmorpg.  Not a single player mode. 

Apparently people did indeed think there would never be an issue with D3 being online only.  Its got a single player mode after all.  Oh yea, except its online only too so if there's lag, or a DC, or anything goes wrong over and Blizzard you cant play.  If your net is down or has problems you cant play a single player game.  

But whether its common or not, and its not for a single player game, a customer always has the right to gripe when they cant use or play something they have purchased.   Oh I know I know.  Its common for mmos.  But when the servers dont function and you cant even play the game at launch with one of those?  They have a right to gripe even then. 

I dont care if something is common or not.  The fact is maybe it shouldnt be.  Maybe issues such as these are not something customers should just be incredibly patient about and have no feeling on it what so ever.   If it was common to buy a car and then have to take it to the auto repair 20 times the first month and thats just the way it was, that doesnt mean it should be, nor does that mean the driver should be happy about it. 

Diablo 3 is centered around being a cooperative ARPG first and single player second. This was a known fact for the last year. The online only is to prevent the gameplay destruction that occured in Diablo 2.

This is a typical online launch, if you can create a cost effective server structure to handle millions of requests that is only going occur for a limited time let blizzard or any other company know.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Middletown, OHPosts: 518Member

yes it frustrates me to not be able to play but maintainence is necessary, for all we know hackers could have tried to compromise the game, not saying thats what happened but its possible

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• majimaji ColognePosts: 1,993Member Uncommon

So, according to the OP, since we know that some people are killers, if we witness a murder, we should just shrug and not care? Because we know such stuff happens?

If something is wrong it's wrong. Blizzard couldn't deliver what they promised up to the last second. They did promise a smooth launch. But even a day after release, you were often randomly kicked from games or had problems logging in. Not to mention the lack of something like a login queue is just silly. And of course, Blizzard knew what was coming. They could have prepared for it, but didn't. Instead they had a good laugh at the struggling customers, and were glad about the free advertisment.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member

Originally posted by graggok

yes it frustrates me to not be able to play but maintainence is necessary, for all we know hackers could have tried to compromise the game, not saying thats what happened but its possible

A friend of mine and I were discussing that too. 

Someone ( think it might have been you even) was saying it affected WoW as well.  And the websites are down or forums or some such?  Well how are the game servers and all that connected?  Specifically how would D3 affect WoW? 

Im no expert so I suppose they could be having some sort of complex problem across an entire network, but the first thought I had when I read on the site here thats its not just D3 thats messed up is......hacker attack. 

Originally posted by Corehaven

A friend of mine and I were discussing that too. 

Someone ( think it might have been you even) was saying it affected WoW as well.  And the websites are down or forums or some such?  Well how are the game servers and all that connected?  Specifically how would D3 affect WoW? 

Im no expert so I suppose they could be having some sort of complex problem across an entire network, but the first thought I had when I read on the site here thats its not just D3 thats messed up is......hacker attack. 

Not sure about any of that, I played a few games of SC2 and jumped in WoW to look at my fetish shaman.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Southern IllinoisPosts: 1,080Member Uncommon

Originally posted by bartoni33

Could you repeat that?

^this

^Yes this.

Aori, I didn't see you as the type to create troll topics. If fact I'm guessing this thread will be deleted or at least closed by the time I post this...

Troll post? People are crying over the most ridiculous reason. Why is it they can bash the game all night long and its ok, however i defend it and i'm a troll. You are trolling people that cannot play a single player game because Blizzard does not have its shit together 24 hours after the biggest launch of their history.

Also accussing someone of trolling is just as bad as such. Guilty as charged! Sucks to be trolled doesn't it? Do unto others and all that.

Telling people that they should not be pissed because they can't play a SP game because of shitty servers forced upon them because of RMAH is most certanly trolling. I do expect to be warned or temp-banned because I'm outing you but I don't care. BUT I will be pissed if you are not treated the same way. Sorry.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

Originally posted by bartoni33

Could you repeat that?

^this

^Yes this.

Aori, I didn't see you as the type to create troll topics. If fact I'm guessing this thread will be deleted or at least closed by the time I post this...

Troll post? People are crying over the most ridiculous reason. Why is it they can bash the game all night long and its ok, however i defend it and i'm a troll.

Also accussing someone of trolling is just as bad as such.

Because your reason for defending it is stupid. D3 is build a single player game with co-op. It was blizzard own retard idea to make it require online to play even single player. Than they didn't bother to look at the number of pre-order and friend code to be able to manage the amount of people that would be trying to get on. MMORPG get away with this because you have to be online, and seriously most of them aren't down the entire fucking day of launch, maybe 5-6hrs top not entire day,

• mrhyde1428mrhyde1428 Clovis, NMPosts: 57Member

I'm not moaning because I didn't think the game would had been that good anyways.  Only bought it to play with a friend.

Honestly, I don't see why this game is even on mmorpg.com since its not an mmo in the least.

Its just a filler really.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Denver, COPosts: 222Member

They are moaning because they can't torrent and steal the game. Fact is that most everything is moving to server authentication. 

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,972Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Rhianni32

They are moaning because they can't torrent and steal the game. Fact is that most everything is moving to server authentication. 

Which is fine, however the seller has an obligation to ensure the client can access the game they purchased on the day it launches.

While some trouble might be expected, I'm pretty sure most folks felt Blizzard had the resources to provide proper access in a reasonable timeframe to most of the client base.

They were wrong in that assumption of course, but they certainly do have a right to complain at not receiving what was promised.

(unless the box cover contains all those warnings and provisios that the OP mentioned at the start of the thread)

People have a right to expect better, and never should have to accept less.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• atticusbcatticusbc Burlington, VTPosts: 1,069Member

Originally posted by Rhianni32

yes they can. given a few days, there will be a crack. same thing happened to sc2 (which used the exact same method of drm), same thing will happen to every game until the end of time. sorry to burst your bubble, but d3 is a perfect example of drm only hurting the paying customers, and supporting the pirates.

• MephsterMephster Tyria, NJPosts: 1,188Member

Because people are paying customers and when the game doesn't work as we expect it to people have every right to complain.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• WicoaWicoa LondonPosts: 1,602Member Uncommon

Quite a few games require you to login online these days I think I even had to for Half life 2.

Personally I like this feature it means I can chat with friends on my list while playing.  If you don't have internet at home  these days you are quite frankly living in the dark ages.

This discussion has been closed.