Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: The Wait is OVER

Comments

• skergeskerge Member Posts: 11

I got D3 to play till GW2 comes out lol

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

LOving it all... THX Blizz.,

Now for Mists and the next StarCraft 2 xpac

• scabzyscabzy Member UncommonPosts: 94

if anybody has a spare Demo Code for Diablo 3 would be nice

pm me thx !

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Originally posted by ShakyMo

DIABLO THREE IS NOT A FRIKIN MMO

obvious, but anyone doubt about that? xD

yep is online but not massive multiplayer. still the coop was very fun. monk was so awesome. 

• OhMyGothOhMyGoth Member UncommonPosts: 56

I think it's time to rename the site MMO&RPG.com, so that way they can add all the single player/co-op games they want and no one can complain. As for D3, looks nice and i like some of the features they have. Most likely try it when the trial hits and determine then if i want to invest in the game.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The wait is over...

... Error 3003

Oh, no it's not...

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Is it? 'cause I'm still waiting to be able to log in.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

great game but to be honest they were not prepared to launch yet  w7 user where having problems with agent.exe where they couldnt setup the game and that was around during beta and had not been fixed the server had to be taken down and now the site has been taken downas well as the game

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    D3 is not an MMO. Thought this site is about MMOs...
  • LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Hell, it's about time.

Did I miss something on the lore side? Can someone point me in the right direction? I was under the impression that the three brothers were the only demon lords who mattered at all. Where did these other two come from, and why are they causing trouble?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Can we play ofline yet? I will not buy if I have to have internet just to play.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

The wait is over?  No.  The game is in the final phase of beta.  When does beta end?  "SOON"TM

Epic fucking fail.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Originally posted by lugal

Can we play ofline yet? I will not buy if I have to have internet just to play.

Same here.

Personally, I have never even been tempted to download a cracked/torrented game for many years since being broke in college. If I want a game, I don't have a problem paying for it.

That said, if companies continue to shove always on internet and single player game cash shops in there, hacks might be the way to go.

If the game makers are going to be jerks about this stuff to normal honest customers (in the name of "more money"), then I can't really feel much guilt about going back to hacked copies.

Or at least getting the cracks to block that always on internet crap.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Yep, the wait is over.

I wanted to see if my annual pass copy was activated, noticed that the game was on a streaming client (that was a fantastic idea Blizz, thanks for that!), logged in at 4 pm, logged out at er 12 am with a level 16 demon hunter. Oops!

I had no lag at all, no disconnects, no queues. I am not sure what happened or if it is because I am perhaps on a French server, but thankfully no internet issues here.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

No my friends, the 'wait' has only just begun.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by SimonVDH

I've been playing video games since about 1990 and I never found Diablo to be anything special. Actually, I always thought that it is repetetive and boring. Anyway, I saw a lot of gamplay videos of Diablo III, as there is so much hype around it, and I have to say it looks like total crap, a game that you buy from Steam for 10$. I guess most people are amazed by constant clickfest and gazillion monsters that you have to kill constantly. For some reason, I don't like it.

so you been playing since 1990 and you did not learn to play a mates copy of a game to see if you like it incase you want to buy it???   instead you go off gameplay vids ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by kalsigur

Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Have to love having a single player game be online only. Good call there Blizzard.

I love such comments! Are you online now? Yes you are! So the millions who bought the game. Blizzard is thinking long term with D3, if you are aware of that term.  Maybe NOT all gamers can be online and play the game, YET , but in few years, the majority will be online! So if you are a business man, you would prefer the minority or the majority?

lol ^ retard. They dont make a game to sell in a few years. It's all about the next couple months, after that, its just trailing earnings.

The only reason its online is because it is Blizzard's attempt at DRM (Digital Rights Management) which keeps people from pirating it. PERIOD. 

What, retard you say? The DRM is what I wanted to say in my previous post, but I though that it was "normal" for you to understand.

But no , they don't want to make money in the next couples of months only! Are you retard? They will have expansions, and I am pretty sure that they will aim with their PvP to be a little "esport" think,they have the RMAH (Real Money Auction House ), which it's a NEED to be online to use the auction, which means ALOT of profit for them. But what do you know about a business? You think short term! People like you should never run a business! You are a common worker ( like white drops from D3 ) , my friend. So please .. stay like that.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• stefanakisgrstefanakisgr Member UncommonPosts: 38

The wait is over , now the wait begins . Fail launch , too many login problems , really turned me off . Theres nothing more frustrating than paying a premium just to play with your friends and not beeing able to do so . It will be fixed I guess , but who cares , my buddies are now 40 levels away from me . I sold my D3 account to a friend and will play pirated version when it comes out . A valuable lesson is here , never buy anything again at launch , wait 6 months . You will pay half the price and you dont beta test ....

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Didn't buy the game since I've never been interested in the Diablo series.  Bit too much of a mindless click-fest.  I feel a bit bad for all the rabid fans however..  I would have thought Blizz with all their money and the clusterfuck that was the WoW launch would have been able to have a great server setup after all this time..

I'll be watching this thread while I'm at work for the pure entertainment value...

/grabs popcorn

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

Welcome to the 21st century, all games are on the internet lol.

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

After getting into Torchlight 2 beta I lost what little interest in Diablo 3 I had, and I'm a huge Diablo 2 fan.

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

Just me who think the story is messed up/changed along the way or i am sooo wrong with this?

I mean, when i remember correctly the other demon lords throw "the three" out of hell because they lose the battle there, and not the angels...but when i see the intro/trailer is a whole new to me about angels and things...

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

why is D3 here?,it is SP+MP game it is not MMO

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

After experiencing graphics issues, error codes like it was snowing and ridiculous and I mean ridiculous, amounts of DRM I have decided to retire from this one as painlessly as possible and without wasting any more cash.

• zafouliszafoulis Member Posts: 13

GUYS plz someone give me a guest pass cause i am not sure if my crappy pc can run diablo3 and i want to TEST it before i buy it!!