Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Finished... overall Diablo 3 was...

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Istavaan

what a waste of money.

I was thinking that too, until I realized how he probably rushed through the game.  I personally am not buying D3, but for a person who takes their time to enjoy the game, it might not last as long as D2 from the look of things but it could also take a good 30 hours.  That's why I play MMOs though, I figure they're more valuable in the long run (if you don't completely hate the game itself).

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Opapanax

My guess is that OP powerballed through everything. He's a self-proclaimed Diablo / Dungeon crawler head so he's pretty advance at how to crawl mindless through stuff. I can't see you actually exploring through the entire realm. Collecting the lore books and all that achivement stuff.

Thing about Diablo has always been about running through on harder difficulties so I disagree with you there OP. You run though the difficulties and while trying to get the phattest gear you can for your toon. If you honestly did that all within 12 hours then more power to you, but more than likely that isn't so.

I'm not saying that it is not at all possible to run through the game in 12 hours, but there's no way you are truly going to cover the breath of the game in that amount of time. You should probably take a little more time to enjoy the game imo, but maybe speedballing is your crack.. again no problem with that..

Just that your opinion is probably not that of the average to high-end Diablo player may experience. There's always Hardcore setting. You could do that and run thru by yourself and tell us how long it took you to complete on Insane.. LoL

How's that sound?

Does this really work in this day and age though? Where's the substance, where's the options? What took so damn long to deliver another repeat content grinder? Be it a 12 hour campaign or a 20 hour, it just doesn't sound like there's a whole lot to justify $60 and over a decade of waiting. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems you can get more out of something like TL2 or POE at least for the asking price.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Distopia

My guess is that OP powerballed through everything. He's a self-proclaimed Diablo / Dungeon crawler head so he's pretty advance at how to crawl mindless through stuff. I can't see you actually exploring through the entire realm. Collecting the lore books and all that achivement stuff.

Thing about Diablo has always been about running through on harder difficulties so I disagree with you there OP. You run though the difficulties and while trying to get the phattest gear you can for your toon. If you honestly did that all within 12 hours then more power to you, but more than likely that isn't so.

I'm not saying that it is not at all possible to run through the game in 12 hours, but there's no way you are truly going to cover the breath of the game in that amount of time. You should probably take a little more time to enjoy the game imo, but maybe speedballing is your crack.. again no problem with that..

Just that your opinion is probably not that of the average to high-end Diablo player may experience. There's always Hardcore setting. You could do that and run thru by yourself and tell us how long it took you to complete on Insane.. LoL

How's that sound?

Does this really work in this day and age though? Where's the substance, where's the options? What took so damn long to deliver another repeat content grinder? Be it a 12 hour campaign or a 20 hour, it just doesn't sound like there's a whole lot to justify $60 and over a decade of waiting. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems you can get more out of something like TL2 or POE at least for the asking price.

I won't argue your point good sir. It is quite valid...

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

How's that sound?

I guess you could say D3 is the iPhone of the ARPG genre, TL2 is the Windows phone 7 and POE is Android, atleast you know with D3 what you will get works and is polished, the others might offer a little more but you'll need to work for it and what they do offer probably wont be as polished or user friendly as D3.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

No were not slow, this guy just had the intention to rush to finish the game.  Ive taken 12 hours total so far and im barely into act 2.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• pdq2004pdq2004 Member UncommonPosts: 37

You paid how much for a 12 hour grind?? Lol. I watch live streams of others doing the same thing today and was so glad I did not waste my money. 

Originally posted by expresso

I guess you could say D3 is the iPhone of the ARPG genre, TL2 is the Windows phone 7 and POE is Android, atleast you know with D3 what you will get works and is polished, the others might offer a little more but you'll need to work for it and what they do offer probably wont be as polished or user friendly as D3.

I'm sure as far as the bells and whistles go D3 is superior, I was just hoping this old dog ( ARPG's) would pick up some new tricks along the way.

• tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29
    You guys are silly. All this talk about only 12 hours of game play and the need to tell us your glad you didn't waste your money.....what else can you do for 12 hours that's lots of fun for 60 bucks? Even Disneyland costs more for a day of fun and this game you can keep playing after 12 hours. Seriously people are silly on forums.
  • romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

How's that sound?

Hardly. Having played the betas for both Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 I can easily say they are some of the most polished betas I've played in. I've only been disconnected once in Path of Exile and I believe I've only seen a single bug so far in Torchlight 2 and I'm on my 4th playthrough of the beta for that.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by tranceauf

You guys are silly. All this talk about only 12 hours of game play and the need to tell us your glad you didn't waste your money.....what else can you do for 12 hours that's lots of fun for 60 bucks? Even Disneyland costs more for a day of fun and this game you can keep playing after 12 hours. Seriously people are silly on forums.

I got more than 12 hours out of Bastion and that was only $15.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I could play another game that costs 60 bucks that last longer than 12 hours.  Ex. SKYRIM, an mmo, etc.  Don't settle for less.

BOOYAKA!

I'm just going to assume you didn't put a whole hell of a lot of effort or thought into this question.

• Psycho2kPsycho2k Member Posts: 63

How's that sound?

I had more problems with an iPhone than I ever had with my Android, maybe that's why I chose to preorder Torchlight 2, donate to PoE and stay clear of D3.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Robokapp

what a waste of money.

it's free with annual pass.

..... wow.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by romanator0

I squeezed 42 hours out of it.  Good game, good value.  Better for me was Terraria.  $10 bought me 285 hours -- so far.  Some gamers have lost touch with the concept of value for money. 

By the way, if you come across any spare TL2 beta keys, toss one this way.  I'm looking forward to yet another tiny developer reminding me how far my money will go when put into scrupulous and capable hands.

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

12 hours is way too short even for a straight through shot by an experienced player. I would expect something in the range of 60 to 100 hours depending on how intensely you play and how experienced a gamer you are. I was considering buying the game but if its that short I will definately pass.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Originally posted by Robokapp

what a waste of money.

it's free with annual pass.

I feel bad for your parents.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

12 hours is very disappointing. Came on here hoping for some honest opinions of the game. I tried battle.net but... wow... is that for real? I never understood how people threw the word fanboi(fanboy) around and what it truly meant until I seen a 500+ page topic thanking Blizzard for a game that a vast majority have barely been able to even play yet. I didn't think the server issues were disputable but apparently I was very wrong... Those people are being paid for that I TRULY hope, all jokes aside.

I guess I will give it another month or two until the fans of the name/company dies down to a reasonable level to get a real feel for how the game is. I am weary as it is of supporting the always-online DRM and RMAH but those are personal issues I have with the model, not the gameplay itself.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by BarCrow

Really? I remember buying Diablo 2 less than 5 years ago..yeah late comer. I played hours...at least 30 or so....and never even finished the first part. I even bought the additional content. Never got to touch them. Can't imagine how long the total content would ahve taken. Not to mention the re-playability of that game and online community for co-op...which I never delved into. I believe it's surprisingly strong even now.

Now Diablo 3 finally comes out and its 12 hours of playtime. Bam. That's it.

Please tell me this is bullshit.

At least i can always go back and restart D2.

A group did a speed run and finished it in 5 hours :  http://kotaku.com/5910613/korean-players-take-down-final-diablo-iii-boss-but-cant-get-loot

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by romanator0

I squeezed 42 hours out of it.  Good game, good value.  Better for me was Terraria.  $10 bought me 285 hours -- so far.  Some gamers have lost touch with the concept of value for money. 

By the way, if you come across any spare TL2 beta keys, toss one this way.  I'm looking forward to yet another tiny developer reminding me how far my money will go when put into scrupulous and capable hands.

I think this just expresses the problem with relying on one experience to see how long it takes you to play a game, I finished Bastion in much less than 12 hours...and Diablo 2 normal was just as quick as Diablo 3, 12 hours or so for rushers, 20-30 hours for regular players. Basing on what the slow people said, Diablo 3 will be around 20-30 hours too.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Having everyone replay the same content on different difficulties seems like a cheap way to artificially make a small game feel bigger.  

I mean there are plenty of great games that last only 12 hours, but they're advertised that way.  They don't pretend to be bigger than they are.  "Hey, I beat the game.  It only took me 12 hours."  "Yeah, but did you beat it THREE TIMES?  If you do, there's at least 36 hours of content!"

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

lol, terraria, bastion, are you guys trolling?

dumb question...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I know most won't really care about this sorta thing I'm gunna list here so there's not much point flaming it, I get it... not everyone will consider repeating more 'game'. But this is the value I see in the game and I'm happy to do everything I'm going to list and consider it the absolute end of the game only once I've done it.

This also assumes I'd do it in 12 hours each mode but I definately won't, it'll take longer because I'd cover every inch of the game and go for every achievement. You'd also need to repeat things probably to get ready for inferno mode.

Normal - 12

Nightmare - 12

Hell - 12

Inferno - 12

That's 48 hours

X 5 for each class: 240 hours 'minimum'

If you go for the whole farming loot thing then there's even more hours to add. Hardcore mode is there as well which would provide a hell of lot more gameplay.

Co-op adds more hours as well.

Plus... I've already got about 9 hours of gameplay just messing about in the starter edition because my retail copy hasn't come on time (better come tomorrow damn it!).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Hehe I don't know why when I thought of Diablo 3 I thought it would be like difficult to beat in a way Dark Souls was at least but worse, I know theres the harder modes but still. And for the many years in the making I thought it would be huge, like vast amounts of dungeons, paths, monsters all taking a few weeks to beat. I almost bought this today but it was sold out so I guess I"m holding out for now.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Play better games.