Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Guildwars 2, huge improvement on graphics if u set to ultra

xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

so i took some screenshots and i notice even ingame there is a Huge improvement i used to have all high and lower the shaders and shadows to low medium but if everything is  at maximum its just gorgeous and its only on DX9 for now until release.

So what do you guys think ??

I already pre ordered my new pc so i can play this game and admire all his beauty.

http://imageshack.us/f/100/gw007ii.jpg/    - all ultra

http://imageshack.us/f/59/gw006z.jpg/     - all high except shaders and shadows Medium

http://imageshack.us/f/155/gw011r.jpg/ - all high except shaders and shadows Low

http://imageshack.us/f/43/gw003tf.jpg/  - medium on general 

Comments

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

Why don't you post those screenshots so we all can see.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

its on gallery there is only one with ultra because my pc doesn´t  handles very well.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by Elethon

Screenshots of GW2 often look a little bland. It always looks a little better ingame for whatever reason. But I think the game looks awesome with everything on max. The only thing I will say is that some models can be a little blocky as they try to keep the poly-count low.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Originally posted by Leonona

Screenshots of GW2 often look a little bland. It always looks a little better ingame for whatever reason. But I think the game looks awesome with everything on max. The only thing I will say is that some models can be a little blocky as they try to keep the poly-count low.

It also depends on who is doing the screenshots...and what their settings are at.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

wow nice SS and yes the game looks MUCH btter on Ultra.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I thought thee game looked pretty good on my crappy rig.  Wow, the utlra settings are really making me consider a PC upgrade this summer.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I think high res textures are not in the game yet, yes?. So it should look even better on release.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by thedarkess

I think high res textures are not in the game yet, yes?. So it should look even better on release.

i saw in the stress test last monday a box in options to switch them on. i did not test really how it works. but the switch is there.

however, i saw no difference between normal ingame models and the cutscenes. which was a major dissapointment in SWTOR.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

Originally posted by thedarkess

i saw in the stress test last monday a box in options to switch them on. i did not test really how it works. but the switch is there.

however, i saw no difference between normal ingame models and the cutscenes. which was a major dissapointment in SWTOR.

The switch was for high res character textures (it's still there, just click the launcher on login and check the options on top left)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ClobClob Member Posts: 130

There's an unmapped "Screenshot: Hi-Res" box in options that I assigned a key to during the BWE and used for my screenshots.  It automatically removes the UI without the turning it off and on business.  What I did not do however is check the difference between using this and not. 

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Its worth new PC for sure!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by Badaboom

Originally posted by Leonona

It also depends on who is doing the screenshots...and what their settings are at.

Mine always end up a little blurry. I guess jpg conversion loose some quality =P

What i learned is that shaders affect the way textures look in some big ways. I always tought it only affects water/spell effects and things like that.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Can't wait to see this game oprimized...playing ultra or low made no performance gains or losses...ran around 20-30 fps in Fraps.  Had a slideshow during the final event of BWE, but other than that..very little variation in fps...when the graphics get moved to the GPU..I am going to be loving it!

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

I had an interesting problem when taking high-resolution screenshots. They would be oddly corrupted and divided into squares so it looked like it saved different parts at a time. The lower res shots look amazing. The game looks amazing. My CPU was running as fast as it can, and my GPU was taking a leisurely stroll. When they get that cleared up, this thing is going to run like a top. I was already getting more than 50 fps when there weren't tons of things around.

Anyway, yes. It looks stunning on ultra graphics.

I have a question sort of related to this for some MMORPG.com savvy people. I want to upload some great shots I have. The upload tool says it has to be less than 2 MB in file size and a smaller resolution than 175 x 132. I have seen photos in the galleries that seem larger than this. So my question is twofold: Why that size limit (by which I mean the resolution size, which seems arbitrary, not the size limit, which obviously makes sense), and is there a way to upload larger photos to this site, or should I use other ones?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I love how GW2 world looks it have realy good graphics for DX9.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i