Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: The Wait is OVER

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Today is an epic day in gaming history with the arrival (finally!) of Blizzard's Diablo III. We have a few thoughts to share about why this is an epic day, an important day and, most importantly, a GAMER'S DAY! See why we say that and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Diablo, the first one, I mean, was the first computer game I’d ever played. Up to that point in my life, I had avoided computers as a “fad” if you can actually believe it. But by the time I finally succumbed, I was ready for gaming. Of all the unlikely people to be playing a video game, my dad, a 60+ man, told me about Diablo. Of course, seeing how much he was playing and how fun it looked, I went out and got my own copy. The rest is, as they say, history.

Read more of Bill Murphy's, Suzie Ford's and Garrett Fuller's Diablo III: The Wait is OVER.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

I'm so excited to be battling the forces of Diablo again, with the powers of the Arcane on my side! The Wizard is definitely the beefier/better sister of the Sorceress heh.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Of all my friends and family members who are gamers, I'm the only one who isn't playing this lol.

I tried the beta, and I'd played Diablo 2 a good bit. I dunno why, I'm just not getting the "D3 fever" for some reason.

Then again, I tend to get into games a year after they're on the market, so. Perhaps this time next year I'll suddenly "discover" Diablo 3 and be drooling over it.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

It took them 1.5hrs to get it to actually launch ;p After I signed in though, I played with a guy for like 4hrs.

• razzashrazzash Member UncommonPosts: 31

As much as I liked the predecessor, i can't force myself to play D3. It's a great game but in the whole process of waiting for this game it lost a lot of it's appeal to me.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Thought Diablo was crap so no interest whatsoever and why is this here its not an MMO.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

To me it's a great backup game when your mmo is down for maintenance or if your taking a break from mmo as well.

It's definitely not a mmorpg, but it sure is fun image

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Passing on this one, It just felt mediocre..Ohh Well..

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

BRING BACK THE SKILL TREE! players need to be screaming about this otherwise diablo 3 will become cookie cutter shit and ruin the diablo franchise forever.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I dont like video games .. im not going to play any game on this site .. you guys should rethink life....

just sharing my opionion

/negativity off

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Was excited, then I played Torchlight and decided to skip D3 for T2, merely on their antipiracy stance alone.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

The wait isn't over, haha!

Friends can't get into the game. :p

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I think this Franchise either needs a trip to the hospital to get the customizeation back or a bullet in the head.

It was a serious dissappointment. i grabbed Path of Exile and D3 during its beta weekend. Path of Exile was better, and it only has 2 working acts.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

I don't get this game... Perhaps I have missed something but Diablo has never held any appeal for me. Frankly Lineage Eternal is the only game of this ilk that at all interests me and even then not that much.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

The "wait" is hardly over. Loads of bugs/issues (when its ready my ass). Major connection issues. Slower internet? Your screwed even though you can play MMO's or FPS's just fine online.

Its really sad that people are so blinded by the name Diablo to see just how much of a trainwreck this is and will continue to be simply because no one with an actual voice will call Blizzard out. That and when you have millions of people saying how great it is the few undred thousand (worldwide and a guess) wont make a diffrence.

I played earlier once I was able to get in, no issues. Did my running around, got back, couldnt get under 1500 ping and disconnects every 20 seconds or so. Ran a speed test, started a download on steam...everything fine on my end. So I called and thier CS actually told me there was nothing they could do it was MY ISP. Yea, right, Blizzard and thier money grabbing RMAH (main reason for required internet connection in SP regardless of what they try to tell you) can shove it up thier ass if they think its on my end.

Edit. I was at least told I could get a refund within 7 days if I was not able to play. Which, unless its better within the next couple days I will and I will give PoE my money.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

...not an MMO...

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by Reizla

...not an MMO...

Mentioned that in my part of the article. Basically? Lots of cross over interest so...don't care. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

Lets speak clear : This game is bad

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Diablo was great. Diablo 2 didn't grab me, even though it was "free" *cough* for me. D3, played the weekend thing, started having flashbacks to the 90's. Yes, the graphics are "better". But it's still a top down view of tiny avatars. This could have been made to run on a 486/66 with a 16MB video card. Unfortunately, it takes mighty machines to do it now. I didn't run into bugs, but then I didn't get to the end of the skeleton king quest because of how <same> it was.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I got the game now all I need to do is upgrade my prehistoric rig so I can actually run it. Bah. It will be worth it eventually. One upgraded cpu and graphics card later..

• darkchewydarkchewy Member Posts: 8

dear bill its not an mmo plus its not epic and yes its a good game and thats all ...

• kzweedkzweed Member UncommonPosts: 12

Originally posted by Truelevel

I dont like video games .. im not going to play any game on this site .. you guys should rethink life.... just sharing my opionion /negativity off

Got some dishes to do if you want. /youmadbro? mode off

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Nearly twenty years since the first game?  ~16 is not nearly twenty lol.  Maybe say 'over 15'?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

...not an MMO...

oh?  I don't know if you've noticed, but lots of games here aren't classic mmo's, and have been since guild wars 1.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by adam_nox

...not an MMO...

oh?  I don't know if you've noticed, but lots of games here aren't classic mmo's, and have been since guild wars 1.

guild wars 1 is an mmo its just heavily instanced..it has a city where you can interact with hundreds of people.