Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Is This Game So Good?

ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

srsly, these beta weekend events are just like giant cockteases. I want to play NOW, said Verucca Salt. T_T

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(

Comments

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Its really fun, i enjoy every second on spvp ... i love my Warrior one shotting people all around :)

• Kykyryz-aKykyryz-a Member Posts: 113

yeah as for me even now game looks better than 80% MMO after their launch.  (!who knows about end game content completetion but still)

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by judex99

Its really fun, i enjoy every second on spvp ... i love my Warrior one shotting people all around :)

Nerfbat on the horizon, you'll be crying later on.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Fusion

Nerfbat on the horizon, you'll be crying later on.

I don't know, I came up a few of the glass cannon builds, and with my ability to keep them at range I was able to win  more often than not. It IS powerful - until people are aware and refuse to let you get in range. 

There was one warrior SO determined to kill me and show off his glass cannon 3 shot build that he just kept coming for me over and over when he failed to win.

I saw him take down my team mate that wasn't aware and not expecting to be killed ina  few seconds, but once people are on the lookout, I think they're pretty easy to deal with.

Don't forget, glass cannons go down *very* fast, even against someone not specced for massive burst.

Edit: Also, I think it works out quite well as they have to close melee to do that damage, it's the trade off.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by Kykyryz-a

yeah as for me even now game looks better than 80% MMO after their launch.  (!who knows about end game content completetion but still)

Well we do know that there really is no endgame in GW2, just 'a game' :)

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

i dont know how you guys do it, i wasnt able to kill anyone in the minies alone with my warrior during the whole test ... all my attacks do absolutely nothing, even bulls charge + frenzy + sword waving skill does like 10 % on thiefs, and after that theres no way you can do dmg until you get those same skills come from cooldown. everyone would just kite all my attacks with ease and doing the thousand blades does nothing without bulls eye because opponent will just step one step aside to avoid the whole thing  -_______-

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Corthagath

i dont know how you guys do it, i wasnt able to kill anyone in the minies alone with my warrior during the whole test ... all my attacks do absolutely nothing, even bulls charge + frenzy + sword waving skill does like 10 % on thiefs, and after that theres no way you can do dmg until you get those same skills from cooldown -_______-

Well, you should change the trait and utility build to your preference and not go with the default setup. It makes a world of difference.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Yeah, this game really shames other games that are 3 weeks from launch and look and play like crap.  

• bhimabhima Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Corthagath

i dont know how you guys do it, i wasnt able to kill anyone in the minies alone with my warrior during the whole test ... all my attacks do absolutely nothing, even bulls charge + frenzy + sword waving skill does like 10 % on thiefs, and after that theres no way you can do dmg until you get those same skills come from cooldown. everyone would just kite all my attacks with ease and doing the thousand blades does nothing without bulls eye because opponent will just step one step aside to avoid the whole thing  -_______-

Did you properly add the right runes to your armor/weapons? Did you have the right gems and the right trinket? If you did, you would of had less than 14K hp but would hit like a truck. It isn't too difficult to avoid, but you can catch players off guard pretty easily with it too. What can I say, its a one trick pony build.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

gems ? trinkets ? runes `? oh man theres just so much to learn in this game, and i just wanted to go straight to minies and just forget about the stuff since i thought everyone would be wearing same armor anyways ... aaa i better start googling then.. thanks for advices

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

I waded into PvP without any in-depth plan, build or such. I just took a cursory look on a few abilities (Mainly Elites), and I chose a weapon setup I was comfortable with during PVE (Sceptre + War Horn and Staff).

WHile I was certainly not one-shotting anyone (nor was this my intention), I managed to exert a lot of pressure and DoTs to influence positively in the fights I took part. This was an amazing experience, and I could see that with some research, I could be much more effective.

This oozes good game design and good gameplay for me.

• xyrxesxyrxes Member Posts: 2

I just love the freedom to explore the world without worrying about picking up or handing in any quests.  I love how everyone is encouraged to cooperate and assist each other, how groups and events spontaneously form.  This game is seriously "off rails" of all kinds.  It defies the tank/spank/heal trinity which has prevailed.  It defies the endgame mentality where we are all rushing to get to the 'real game', it defies the gather/kill rinse and repeat quest hub modality which reduces play time to a sentence of monotony.  I guess I like it, lol.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

I was playing an Elementalist and liked it, but if i play with the 11k of HP build,  i get killed in secs by some warriors if they caught me 1on1, they take me 11k hp even before i can use healing lol. I just try to stay out of 1on1 close combats with warriors or assasins..

There are some good warriors arround and they piss me off now and then lol

• AbdullaDooAbdullaDoo Member Posts: 60

I realized yesterday what it is about an MMO that can hook me, because GW2 has it.

It's not the combat controls, story, questing style or objectives, cooperative aspects or endgame....

Yes all of those things are important to my enjoyment.  To various degrees GW2 both succeeds and fails in many of those areas for me.

The one thing that hooks me is the attachment I feel toward my character.

Running around doing quests and events at noob levels I already knew that I really wanted to see what my character could do at the peak of his abilities and what he looked like decked out in cool-looking gear.

The last MMO to make me feel as attached to the characters I played was WoW, and I see now that that's probably the biggest reason why I ended up playing it for three years.  My experience thus far with GW2 has been like a guy who collects and rebuilds old cars finding a beat up '55 T-Bird for sale in somebody's yard and knowing that he just had to have this baby and restore it to proper glory.  I wish I knew what it was that made me feel that attachment.  Character creation that lets me create a character I think looks cool (racial options and diversity playing a part in that), getting the name that I want, animations, cool-looking abilities that are fun to use I think all play into it. 

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

It's also a great game for thinking about during downtime where you can come up with ideas about builds or skill usage or places to visit in PVE, and genuinely feel like "yeah, I bet there's something interesting there", as opposed to knowing there's already a guide written or optimized platform complete with skill rotation laid out.

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.