Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couldn't they at least...

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Have made a mini game to play at the login screen? Maybe an auto retry to steady out login attempts too.

Comments

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

they could have let you play single player offline without battle net.  like diablo 1 and 2.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

There is a mini game. It's called guess who, and if you are in ventrilo or teamspeak you get to guess who will get in first.

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by neorandom

they could have let you play single player offline without battle net.  like diablo 1 and 2.

Agreed....

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

Please no offline mode. The problem with it was the hacking. You can't prevent hacking of items in offline mode. When considering this game has PvP and an auction house with BOTH real money and serious coin involved. I'd be extremely pissed if the game degraded to what D2 was. Online only is the only way to prevent item hacking. 

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Nightverge

Please no offline mode. The problem with it was the hacking. You can't prevent hacking of items in offline mode. When considering this game has PvP and an auction house with BOTH real money and serious coin involved. I'd be extremely pissed if the game degraded to what D2 was. Online only is the only way to prevent item hacking. 

they could make all the online stuff online only, but still let people play offline and never take the offline stuff online.

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by Nightverge

they could make all the online stuff online only, but still let people play offline and never take the offline stuff online.

Doesn't solve the problem. If you have an offline mode at all people can easily (and do) corrupt the tags of items in those kinds of systems to make the game think they are legit. Its how D2 hacking was done. Hacking was not allowed in D2 either. Yet still, it was done. They had systems in place to try to prevent it but when you give a community like this offline its basically like saying "Don't steal this money while I leave you the house" if you catch my drift. Nobody is watching them or preventing them from just coding around the item tags, as they did in D2.

Blizzard actually didn't want online only from the start. But found it was the only way to insure people could not hack items. Hacking is tampering with the very code so your not going to stop people by adding online and offline tags to items.