Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 launch fail

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

They said on twitter they've added servers....what does that accomplish if no one can play on said servers.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

This thread actually makes me happy in a sick and twisted sort of way, and I'm not saying that to bash the game...

But as often as I visited MMORPG.com, I rarely saw more than a handful of people say something positive about the game, and most just trashed it and said they were going to play Torchlight II or Path of Exile instead.

Now I pop in here and a shitload of people are mad because they can't log in...

It sucks that you can't log in right now, but I'm ecstatic that the servers are so busy that you're all having trouble getting in!

I'm glad so many folks wanted to play Diablo III after all!  WOOT!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by spikers14

Originally posted by Seanalex

Here's the Issue. Blizzard has had huge launches before, and one would assume they would learn from those launches.

Also, entire thing could have been avoided with Single Player, Open Battle.net and a server side character storage Closed Battle.net, kind of like Diablo II had.. This is a complete failure on Blizzards part, it's not people being impatient, it's people expecting a product to work when sold to them and told it will work.

Said product's servers got blown up man. It was working, for about 2 mins :)

Then read the EULA and notice there is no guarantee for uptime, average that out over a months play average to acheive something reasonable like 99.9% uptime...Ok, they just cant mess up any more this week and we're good...

doesnt help that theyve snowballed everything into battle.net.  wow has millions playing globally 24 7 logging through battlenet.  the nation of korea is on battle net on starcraft and sc2.  and now all the people not playing those games that played d2 are on battle net.  battlenet is fucked.  shoulda made character creation and single player offline.  and had people log on to battlenet after the fact for co op.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

This is really unacceptable.

I don't mean to sound like a self entitlist.  Just saying, for what Blizzard has become, all the success and experience, they really REALLY should have expected this and been more than ready for the mass of players hitting the servers tonight.

Shame on you for cheaping out on servers Blizz.   You knew this would happen! lol

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

And then for one day, Diablo 3 was for some the "worzt game evar made I'm pisst off".

And then one week later, these people would just praise the game like the "omg I love Diablo 3 omg"

Kids.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• abottemillerabottemiller Member UncommonPosts: 43

Originally posted by gimmesome

I don't mean to sound like a self entitlist.  Just saying, for what Blizzard has become, all the success and experience, they really REALLY should have expected this and been more than ready for the mass of players hitting the servers tonight.

Shame on you for cheaping out on servers Blizz.   You knew this would happen! lol

of course they did. this is supposed to be preorder's only just wait till tomorrow or the day after. Did anyone else notice that thier forums are offline for wow and diab?

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by sparkhazel

Originally posted by MikkelB

Originally posted by sparkhazel

What I don't understand is why Battle.net is a requirement to play this game? D2 and D1 didn't require you to log online at all.  I don't get why they didn't make an offline mode for those who just want to play the game without having to go through all of this silly garbage to play.  Oh well, Grats Bliz for blowing the launch on a game I was looking forward to playing

If this fixes the problems previous Diablo titles had with botters, hackers and dupers, then I'm more then willing to login to even play the single player portion of Diablo 3.

I can understand that portion of it from the multiplayer part of it,  They could probably fix that problem by just making single player non-online characters unable to be used for multiplayer gaming.  I dunno though, I didn't play D2 online very much, and D1 I remember the gold and item dupe thing, Guess I just wish they would have given us an offline version to play *shrug*

I know what you mean though. I mostly play Diablo offline, because I like to set my own pace. The problem (I believe) with an offline mode, is that it gives abusers the chance to experiment with all kinds of stuff, without Blizzard being able to keep it in check. Also, with Diablo 3, the most criticial processes run on the servers of Blizzard themselves. Think of spawn rate of monsters, dropchances for loot, etc. This also forms a barrier against exploits (on paper at least), but on the other hand, it forces the player to stay online.

A more pessimistic thought of me, it also gives Blizzard the tools to chance droprates and other important values without the need for the player to download a patch.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by redcap036

HEY EVERYONE WHATS THAT OUT SIDE YOUR WINDOW, QUICK QUICK COME HAVE A LOOK IT'S AWSOME!

Quickly tries to login, fingers crossed

Well it's worth a try.

No you have to play it like this:

I got rid of all my problems by rebooting my router.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

622 Error 37 screens later and I am going to bed.

I would just like to thank blizzard for the time it took me to drive across town for the midnight release party to stand in a long ass line to get the game.

I would also like to thank blizzard for the long ass drive back home to install the game.

I would like to thank blizzard for the few hours wait I had to anticipate playing the game before you opened the servers up.

and last....

I would like to thank blizzard for the 622 Error 37 screens I had to endure from 3am to 4am to not be able to play the game I just shelled out money for.

THANKS BLIZZARD YOU ARE THE BESTEST GAME COMPANY EVER!!!!

no seriously... go fuck yourself, I am cancelling wow also.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Originally posted by neonaka

I would just like to thank blizzard for the time it took me to drive across town for the midnight release party to stand in a long ass line to get the game.

I would also like to thank blizzard for the long ass drive back home to install the game.

I would like to thank blizzard for the few hours wait I had to anticipate playing the game before you opened the servers up.

and last....

I would like to thank blizzard for the 622 Error 37 screens I had to endure from 3am to 4am to not be able to play the game I just shelled out money for.

LOL mad.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Chrisbox

and last....

LOL mad.

i sense a disturbance in the force, this one is strong in the "dork" side

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Originally posted by gimmesome

Launch congestion occurs less because it's unanticipated and more because it's stupid to invest much to prepare for a load that'll never occur again. Best to take the punch and forget about it the next day.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Originally posted by waynejr2

Originally posted by redcap036

HEY EVERYONE WHATS THAT OUT SIDE YOUR WINDOW, QUICK QUICK COME HAVE A LOOK IT'S AWSOME!

Quickly tries to login, fingers crossed

Well it's worth a try.

No you have to play it like this:

I got rid of all my problems by rebooting my router.

Dang that's smart wish I thought of that, lol

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by gessekai332

Servers busy, no one can get in. Blizzard has been in the business for over a decade but dont know what a login queue is. to top it off theyre already mass deleting threads on their forum. +1

LmAo.. Ya'll people can't even give them 30mins for the million+ people to log in..

I mean you didn't even wait 10 mins.. I doubt you waited 3 mins before you even came here to post. Considering opening your browser clicking on favs and writting your post..

LoL.. Ya'll try too hard sometimes. image.. Especially for games first coming up live and posting about server sign in issues in the first 10 mins..

I've seen these many times.. funny all the sames..

Okay all gloves are off.. Commence to pulverizing.. imageimageimage

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by wrightstuf
    Would you rather see....
     "You are nunber 4538721 in the queue. Your wait time is approximately 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes"

I would lol, then you can off and do something while you wait.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

and last....

LOL mad.

Nah, I am not mad, I knew it was coming. I didn't even want to buy the fail shit to begin with. My little brother was like...

"Oh, you should go pick up Diablo III with me so we can have something to do, because pandas suck ass and I am tired of wow."

Being the cool big bro I am, I was like "Cool, I guess I can get it and we can play after work and stuff that would be cool I guess."

AND

Blizzard who has more money than god can't fork out some spare change for enough login server to let half the fucking planet login to a game.

WELL

I knew it was coming, but now I am tired and just want to go to sleep.

PS. Sorry little bro, blame blizzard.

• magicalpimpmagicalpimp Member Posts: 3

Had more success at 12:01 PST than an hour later.. at least then i was getting to Retrieving character list... now cannot even get past error 37.  Why you no test blizzard, EVERYTIME!.  And what is up with all the fanboys coming to blizzards defense, they must have a private server to log in to or something to gain them such high regards for a company that tests for years and knows how many people will be logging into the server on launch day.  I say the gamer community no longer pre order these games, we only feed the issue by giving them capital up front that they blow on commercials and other useless crap.  1 hour after launch i cannot even play the f**king game, or create a character, or log in.  Unacceptable, I will be requesting a full refund and no longer excited about this franchise.  Oh yeah same with WOW, the last launch ruined my perception of that game as well.  I play every MMORPG known to man and blizzard is appauling at launches.  You would think i would have learned by know but noooo, i have to get to hyped about the game and disregard their abismal preformance.

Did star wars have issues?  hmmm, blizzard you are the worst.  

Originally posted by jusomdude

Everyone should have expected this, I certainly did, especially after it just happened to asian and EU servers...

Get some patience and lose the self entitlement.

Technology is limited. There are probably a couple million trying to log in right now.

Get real the only peeps that should be logging in are mostly those that preordered they knew this was going to happen and could have prevented it so get off your high horse.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

and last....

ROFLMFAO AND VOMILOLITING 

I think that rant was beautiful, poetic, and hilarious.  That almost evened out the annoyance from not being able to log in.

A laugh is worth much more than it seems

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Packed servers are not a sign of fail, it means they simply underestimated how many would login at once.  The same thing happened with vanilla WoW, they are adding extra servers as I'm typing this.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

Seriously, What did you guys expect?   Even if there was a server Que, most person would still be angry..

I got my copy, & install... Will be loggin in on Wednesday..

Screw loggin in on Launch days.. After seeing the same thing in MMOs, i come to know what to expect...

If you knew what you were talking about you would be dangerous. They knew that this was going to happen and could have taken alot of steps to prevent it. I usually the first person to tell people to chill during a beta but this is not a beta and most of the peeps that have the game preordered it. if they could not judge thier need but this amount then its there math issue and thier bad. You need to get off your high horse.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Haha!

One guy's quote - "I'm really tired, but I think I just made level 37."

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Iselin

Originally posted by Sythion

I can get in... I'm just waiting to retrieve my hero list.

Must be a pretty big list.

EDIT: Operation time out. Logging in again...

Yup that's what happens.

The other unbelievable part is that we have to log in for what is basically a single player game.

this

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by neorandom

and last....

LOL mad.

i sense a disturbance in the force, this one is strong in the "dork" side

It is as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in nerdrage, and were suddenly silenced.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman