Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 launch fail

Comments

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by sparkhazel

What I don't understand is why Battle.net is a requirement to play this game? D2 and D1 didn't require you to log online at all.  I don't get why they didn't make an offline mode for those who just want to play the game without having to go through all of this silly garbage to play.  Oh well, Grats Bliz for blowing the launch on a game I was looking forward to playing

You need a hug.

It's somewhere between 12:45 AM and 3:45 AM - less than an hour after launch.  Go to bed.  Wake up rested and refreshed and enjoy the game.

It'll be OK!

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I figured it wouldnt be a midnight launch.

I still think its funny they killed the official servers 30mins after launch FAILED. Some mysterious maintenance going on there.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by alkrmr

might just have to call it a night, get up early and try again

hopefully 1 million others will do the same .

buts its only 7:44pm here in NZ so I'll probably get to play in about 4 hours maybe lol

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

lol nerd rage

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

guess I could go play Path of the Exile ,  bet no ones playing that lmao :)

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by gessekai332
    Servers busy, no one can get in. Blizzard has been in the business for over a decade but dont know what a login queue is. to top it off theyre already mass deleting threads on their forum. +1
    LmAo.. Ya'll people can't even give them 30mins for the million+ people to log in..
    I mean you didn't even wait 10 mins.. I doubt you waited 3 mins before you even came here to post. Considering opening your browser clicking on favs and writting your post..
    LoL.. Ya'll try too hard sometimes. .. Especially for games first coming up live and posting about server sign in issues in the first 10 mins..
    I've seen these many times.. funny all the sames..

dear Mr. Forum Troll, is it ok to complain yet? I wouldn't want to offend you by complaining too early .. buts its 45 mins now .. do I have to wait 12 hours?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Rogal_Urson

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy

All the haters need to STFU!!! Blizzard knew exactly what they were getting into. They know what the hell they are dong.  Give them some f'in credit.  If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back.  Plain and simple.  Don't buy a copy of a game then whine and moan that you can't play it the minute the online servers go live.  It doesn't work that way.  D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMUELTANEOUS RELEASE!!!  This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.  Any server that is allocated to the game is going to see hundred of thousands of users logging on at once.  Server busy errors are going to happen.  DEAL WITH IT!!!

This was a very highly anticipated game and they wanted enjoyment for all, instead of doing staggered releases for it.  It wouldn't be fair for one country to be able to play it first, especially with a game as huge as D3.

As far as load balancing the servers, to be able to balance something, you have to find out the extremes.  In the article, Blizz was calling for login delays to control the flow.  If the servers crashed at launch, D3 would be DOA and Blizz would have a huge amount of egg on the face, a major quarterly loss, followed my mass layoffs.

A lot of us gamers are currently unemployed. I myself have been without a job since last Nov.  On my system, I have no shortage of alternate games I can play.  I'll wait a few days for them to get the kinks out.  Launch day is just asking too much.

(For any of those I have offended, grow a backbone will ya!)

The release was, in fact, staggered. Asia and EU launched at different times, hours before the US launch.  Global is a form of play that will be activated simultaneously....once they get all this figured out. Also. Why are you yelling? :p

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

What I don't understand is why Battle.net is a requirement to play this game? D2 and D1 didn't require you to log online at all.  I don't get why they didn't make an offline mode for those who just want to play the game without having to go through all of this silly garbage to play.  Oh well, Grats Bliz for blowing the launch on a game I was looking forward to playing

If this fixes the problems previous Diablo titles had with botters, hackers and dupers, then I'm more then willing to login to even play the single player portion of Diablo 3.

• sparkhazelsparkhazel Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by fadis

You need a hug.

It's somewhere between 12:45 AM and 3:45 AM - less than an hour after launch.  Go to bed.  Wake up rested and refreshed and enjoy the game.

It'll be OK!

Funny, funny. I'm merely pointing out the fact that not everyone wants to play on battle.net with other players, and to make technically a "single player to 4 players at a time" game require you to log into the server for single player gaming makes no sense IMO.  I stopped trying to log in close to a half hour ago.  Heck, all their websites have been down as well, so they got bigger issues, most likely from the hardcore wow players who can't log into the WoW website because Diablo traffic is causing the site to crash....  if anyone gets lucky and gets in, have fun :)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

clearly you guys arent trying hard enough to play, if you get naked and scream at your pc while powering up over 9000 dragon ball style itll work.  or at least youll look stupid and feel better?

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Grailer

Originally posted by alkrmr

might just have to call it a night, get up early and try again

hopefully 1 million others will do the same .

buts its only 7:44pm here in NZ so I'll probably get to play in about 4 hours maybe lol

Yea, but when those millions wake up early, it will be the same thing all over again. Best way to handle this is to just bust out the red bull and forget sleep.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by Rogal_Urson

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy

All the haters need to STFU!!! Blizzard knew exactly what they were getting into. They know what the hell they are dong.  Give them some f'in credit.  If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back.  Plain and simple.  Don't buy a copy of a game then whine and moan that you can't play it the minute the online servers go live.  It doesn't work that way.  D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMUELTANEOUS RELEASE!!!  This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.  Any server that is allocated to the game is going to see hundred of thousands of users logging on at once.  Server busy errors are going to happen.  DEAL WITH IT!!!

This was a very highly anticipated game and they wanted enjoyment for all, instead of doing staggered releases for it.  It wouldn't be fair for one country to be able to play it first, especially with a game as huge as D3.

As far as load balancing the servers, to be able to balance something, you have to find out the extremes.  In the article, Blizz was calling for login delays to control the flow.  If the servers crashed at launch, D3 would be DOA and Blizz would have a huge amount of egg on the face, a major quarterly loss, followed my mass layoffs.

A lot of us gamers are currently unemployed. I myself have been without a job since last Nov.  On my system, I have no shortage of alternate games I can play.  I'll wait a few days for them to get the kinks out.  Launch day is just asking too much.

(For any of those I have offended, grow a backbone will ya!)

I think that's why people are pissed

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

What I think is dumb is they cut off all communication via forums and now say in order to fix the errors, you have to fix you computer first. They must think were really dumb or something.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

ERROR 37 WE LOVE YOU GOODNIGHT.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• sparkhazelsparkhazel Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by MikkelB

If this fixes the problems previous Diablo titles had with botters, hackers and dupers, then I'm more then willing to login to even play the single player portion of Diablo 3.

I can understand that portion of it from the multiplayer part of it,  They could probably fix that problem by just making single player non-online characters unable to be used for multiplayer gaming.  I dunno though, I didn't play D2 online very much, and D1 I remember the gold and item dupe thing, Guess I just wish they would have given us an offline version to play *shrug*

• SeanalexSeanalex Member UncommonPosts: 45

Here's the Issue. Blizzard has had huge launches before, and one would assume they would learn from those launches.

Also, entire thing could have been avoided with Single Player, Open Battle.net and a server side character storage Closed Battle.net, kind of like Diablo II had.. This is a complete failure on Blizzards part, it's not people being impatient, it's people expecting a product to work when sold to them and told it will work.

Played - EQ 1/2, WoW, SWG, SWTOR, GW 1/2 UO, STO, CO, DCUO, AO, Rift.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

This would be funny as hell, if it wasn't so pathetic. Their tech staff no doubt TOLD them what they needed, yet once again, they have refused to invest in sufficient resources to handle the load.  But no doubt, "Its only launch!"... ^^

"Thank you for your continued patience and support"...image

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • SulblazerSulblazer Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Incorrect! Blizzard knew this would happen because they just want their money and don't care about their customers. 40mins into launch and server is still busy is unacceptable for this type of game.

Unacceptable huh?  What are you gonna do about it then?  Whine some more?  "Dammit, this is an outrage!  I won't stand for this!  50 whole minutes now and no Diablo III!!!!" 

Then a short time afterwards, Blizzard gets the servers up and running...you'll be lapping it up like the Blizzard whore you know you are.  Oh yeah...so unacceptable!

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

There's prob one guy online playing, thinking...."wow, this is wierd. where the hell is everybody?"

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

Not really suprised after how open beta went down and even patches in closed beta would bring b.net down for a while.

Got kicked out of character creation and back to the error 37. No point going to bed now since i'll wont be able shut of my mind and sleep.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

HEY EVERYONE WHATS THAT OUT SIDE YOUR WINDOW, QUICK QUICK COME HAVE A LOOK IT'S AWSOME!

Quickly tries to login, fingers crossed

Well it's worth a try.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by yutty

Not really suprised after how open beta went down and even patches in closed beta would bring b.net down for a while.

Got kicked out of character creation and back to the error 37. No point going to bed now since i'll wont be able shut of my mind and sleep.

drink 2 bottles of nyquil and try again in the morning, 3 days from now when you wake up

• escanescan Member Posts: 26

I'm up now.  Going to play EQ2.  I'm pissed, but will make the best out of it......

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Seanalex

Here's the Issue. Blizzard has had huge launches before, and one would assume they would learn from those launches.

Also, entire thing could have been avoided with Single Player, Open Battle.net and a server side character storage Closed Battle.net, kind of like Diablo II had.. This is a complete failure on Blizzards part, it's not people being impatient, it's people expecting a product to work when sold to them and told it will work.

Said product's servers got blown up man. It was working, for about 2 mins :)

Then read the EULA and notice there is no guarantee for uptime, average that out over a months play average to acheive something reasonable like 99.9% uptime...Ok, they just cant mess up any more this week and we're good...

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I am in, just created a character and banner, got an error with the banner but now it's working. Just have to sit here and wait for my coop friends to get in.