Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 launch fail

Comments

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by Leodious

Blizzard releases are always like this. Even expansions. They obviously don't care. And it won't be an issue once everyone isn't trying to log in simultaneously. The best solution is for everyone to wait ten minutes between log attempts. That way we spread out the load on the authentication server, and we can all get in sooner.

10 mins wasted now is $100 lost on the auction house next week .. lol just kidding ! :)

A que on log in server would save the problem  then you only log in 1 time  .

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

still think having to be online to play single player was a good idea? :)

I might order it in the future...but its gonna suck if i have to play single player while online. I travel for work alot :(

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

create hero button is hardest mob yet

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by neorandom

Originally posted by SuperXero89

We can send a man to the moon, but we can't figure out a way to smooth out server overloading.  I always chuckle at that.

the problem lies in requireing battlenet for single player, since wow logins already keep battlenet flooded to near capacity 24 7, + starcraft 2 online play, throw in diablo, which has millions of fans that dont play wow or sc2, and now battlenet is on fire, unable to handle the massive waves of napalm pouring over it as it over heats and ignites.

+1 Seriously ... this is not a damn mmo... it's  a single player game! I still can't believe people are just accepting that they have to login to play a single player game....

guess  i'm getting too old...

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by miagisan

still think having to be online to play single player was a good idea? :)

I might order it in the future...but its gonna suck if i have to play single player while online. I travel for work alot :(

hotel free wifi ftw.

i work at a resort hotel, i keep our wifi in top condition since i use it to play games at work.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

AHAHAHAHA THEY JUST CLOSED THEIR OFFICIAL FORUMS, WHAT NUMBNUTS

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

im playing fine

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by jonchicoine

Originally posted by neorandom

Originally posted by SuperXero89

We can send a man to the moon, but we can't figure out a way to smooth out server overloading.  I always chuckle at that.

the problem lies in requireing battlenet for single player, since wow logins already keep battlenet flooded to near capacity 24 7, + starcraft 2 online play, throw in diablo, which has millions of fans that dont play wow or sc2, and now battlenet is on fire, unable to handle the massive waves of napalm pouring over it as it over heats and ignites.

+1 Seriously ... this is not a damn mmo... it's  a single player game! I still can't believe people are just accepting that they have to login to play a single player game....

guess  i'm getting too old...

d2 let us play offline, of course this lead to useing jamella to make our characters have 999 all stats 99 all skills and 9999999 gold at level 99.  hehe

• AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

No dice here - Create Hero is still timing out over and over again :(

Originally posted by fascism

im playing fine

lies or else you wouldn't be on the forums

• Rogal_UrsonRogal_Urson Member UncommonPosts: 26

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy

All the haters need to STFU!!! Blizzard knew exactly what they were getting into. They know what the hell they are dong.  Give them some f'in credit.  If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back.  Plain and simple.  Don't buy a copy of a game then whine and moan that you can't play it the minute the online servers go live.  It doesn't work that way.  D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMUELTANEOUS RELEASE!!!  This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.  Any server that is allocated to the game is going to see hundred of thousands of users logging on at once.  Server busy errors are going to happen.  DEAL WITH IT!!!

This was a very highly anticipated game and they wanted enjoyment for all, instead of doing staggered releases for it.  It wouldn't be fair for one country to be able to play it first, especially with a game as huge as D3.

As far as load balancing the servers, to be able to balance something, you have to find out the extremes.  In the article, Blizz was calling for login delays to control the flow.  If the servers crashed at launch, D3 would be DOA and Blizz would have a huge amount of egg on the face, a major quarterly loss, followed my mass layoffs.

A lot of us gamers are currently unemployed. I myself have been without a job since last Nov.  On my system, I have no shortage of alternate games I can play.  I'll wait a few days for them to get the kinks out.  Launch day is just asking too much.

(For any of those I have offended, grow a backbone will ya!)

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

got in on the first try, Alt+Tab out occasionally to watch LoL streams and read a forum, i've done the first part of act 1 about 10 times as we all have im sure so im having a hard time focusing

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

This game is so hardcore that the first level is a frantic battle past the hoards of zombie hamsters killed by the falling star.

You don't have a lot of options, but if you keep spamming password, login, ok, you get to another room with create and back.  If you press back, you suffer permadeath and have to start over, otherwise you have to face the guantlet of evil 3006 and 3000008 wraiths.  I haven't seen the level after that, but it's a pretty challenging game so far!

( ok,ok, I'm not disagreeing with the OP, I'm just making the best lemonaide I can out of it, knowing that in a few hours/days, once the initial crush passes by, all tonight's disappointments will likely be forgotten and forgiven anyway )

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I'm surprised they didn't have some type of rolling starts based on time zones..

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Blizzard's response to login spamming due to login failure on twitter:

"BlizzardCS@BlizzardCS

Getting Error 37 when trying to log into #D3? http://bit.ly/L5vSP7 Give it some time and try again. :)"

Sick f*cks. seriously.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Would you rather see....

"You are nunber 4538721 in the queue. Your wait time is approximately 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes"

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Server Qs

And Rolling release in the time zones you bought the game from

all at midnight at PST lmao is a joke

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Yep, the sauce is pretty weak with needing an always online connection, even SC2 has an offline mode. That being said, I'm headed to sleep now.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Originally posted by Rogal_Urson

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117151-Diablo-III-Launch-May-Get-Messy

All the haters need to STFU!!! Blizzard knew exactly what they were getting into. They know what the hell they are dong.  Give them some f'in credit.  If you can't handle that, turn your copy back in and get your money back.  Plain and simple.  Don't buy a copy of a game then whine and moan that you can't play it the minute the online servers go live.  It doesn't work that way.  D3 was a WORLDWIDE SIMUELTANEOUS RELEASE!!!  This means in ALL the markets that Blizz operates have access to the servers.  Any server that is allocated to the game is going to see hundred of thousands of users logging on at once.  Server busy errors are going to happen.  DEAL WITH IT!!!

This was a very highly anticipated game and they wanted enjoyment for all, instead of doing staggered releases for it.  It wouldn't be fair for one country to be able to play it first, especially with a game as huge as D3.

As far as load balancing the servers, to be able to balance something, you have to find out the extremes.  In the article, Blizz was calling for login delays to control the flow.  If the servers crashed at launch, D3 would be DOA and Blizz would have a huge amount of egg on the face, a major quarterly loss, followed my mass layoffs.

A lot of us gamers are currently unemployed. I myself have been without a job since last Nov.  On my system, I have no shortage of alternate games I can play.  I'll wait a few days for them to get the kinks out.  Launch day is just asking too much.

Incorrect! Blizzard knew this would happen because they just want their money and don't care about their customers. 40mins into launch and server is still busy is unacceptable for this type of game.

If They let us go GLOBAL  we could play on europe and asia servers at least ffs

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by Anzie

So much for those stress tests.

Funny Gif,

http://postimage.org/image/3vvvlzh11/

LMAO.. This is sooo good.

But seriously why isn't there a login queue for one of the most anticipated games of the year. Come on Blizz get your act together!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Rogal_Urson

So they should be given credit for being incompetent?  And worry about server crashing? WTF does that matter if 90% of the people that buy your game can't log on? How many places had midnight launch parties?  Making your game require online connectivity just to play the SP portion is the height of stupdity.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Would you rather see....

"You are nunber 4538721 in the queue. Your wait time is approximately 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes"

Or would you rather sit in front of computer for 2 days 4 hours and 23 mins trying to log in lol ?

• sparkhazelsparkhazel Member Posts: 5

What I don't understand is why Battle.net is a requirement to play this game? D2 and D1 didn't require you to log online at all.  I don't get why they didn't make an offline mode for those who just want to play the game without having to go through all of this silly garbage to play.  Oh well, Grats Bliz for blowing the launch on a game I was looking forward to playing

might just have to call it a night, get up early and try again