Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it important to have Shrouded Isles?

I was planning to buy Dark Age of Camelot Shrouded Isles when I found out that my computer didn't meet the min reqs. (have a P3 1Ghz with 256 ram and 32 video card). So i have two questions.

If i buy the package with dark age of camelot & shrouded isles, will i then be able to install and play only the original?

Is it worth to play only the original game now or do the ones with shrouded isles get advantages that is hard for thouse without to live by?

Jørgen

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I've learned with anything,  you're going to want to get the newest upgrade packs.  They usually have patches that you can only get via the new expansion....

Upgrade your PC. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    I think after a certain amount of time they'll incorporate those patches in an url or when you auto update after logging on.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• VindvalyaVindvalya Member Posts: 115

I play DAoC without SI. It is annoying when you get to higher levels though because most people 40+ level in SI zones.

The exception is when people go on raids to Darkness falls that your realm will only control about 1/3 of the time if that.

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

If you can play DAOC with your graphics card, you can probably play SI.  You just have to go into options set everything to CLASSIC. 

Even after installing SI,  you can use the old DAOC icon to log into just the old game.  So, if SI doesn't work, you can continue to play without it until you add more RAM or get a new video card.

I have a P4, 1 gHz, 384mb RAM, Gforce2 MX 32mb graphics card and I am running SI with classic settings just fine. 

• KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 4
    If i buy DAoC: SI Double Pack, can i install only DAoC, without the expansion? I can't seem to find someone that sell only the original game. (in europe, that is)
  • CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Sorry, I'm in the U.S. and have no idea how the "gold box" was released in Europe.  I don't want to mislead you.  You'll probably have better luck checking the European support site.

• bluedragon79bluedragon79 Member Posts: 22

how the hell do you ppl play any kind of games at all?!?  1gHz processors?!?! under a gig of ram?! 32 mb vid cards?!  my god those things are relics.... ok.. just FYI... its much cheaper to BUILD YOUR OWN PUTER rather then buy it from Dell or Best buy and some crap like that.  And at least you can get better internals.  sorry im in a ranting mood... just have too many ppl IM me and are like "d00d how do i make my MoBo run 33 FSB... I want 8x insted of 4x for my graphix card."  seriously ppl.  stay in school....  It pains me to think of the education level of the average person in this world... or lack thereof i should say.

Live Fast, Die

Live Fast, Die