Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test update

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Got in first try, no issues. Loaded into L.A., it was a little slow but nothing to care about. Subsequent loads into L.A. are speedy. The skill point in the Charr area by Ashford something-or-other is working now.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

PvP doesn't seem to be working currently.

Engineer update : The major trait in the explosion line that adds burning to explosions,  DOESN'T work on Explosive Shot. ( Was a little confusion last Beta,  some folks thought it did )

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Like clockwork, it's over. Wow, that didn't feel like a stress test. I saw a little lag in a personal story line that I joined and that was it, period. A couple skill points that weren't working in the BWE were fixed, so I nabbed them. It was hard to reign things in a and not do too much knowing it'll soon be deleted, but you should have seen my furry butt on the diving board. I was a fuzzy god.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I haven't had 7 hours feel like only 2 hours in a game in a long time. Daaaaaaaaaaammmmnnnn you Anet, I hate you and I love you at the same time. I need more crack asap

• MMO_REVIEWERMMO_REVIEWER Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by kanezfan

I haven't had 7 hours feel like only 2 hours in a game in a long time. Daaaaaaaaaaammmmnnnn you Anet, I hate you and I love you at the same time. I need more crack asap

We shall hence forth refer to it as "dat Arenanet Ghanjah"

MMO's are the ark of the gaming world. Let it take us in new directions.

• ElifiaElifia Member Posts: 78

Didn't really have any issues here either. I once had a lil lag (like, 0.5 seconds lag), for like 5 minutes. The rest was completely stable. I played for the full 7 hours.

I spent my time doing jumping puzzles, mostly. The one in the mists definitely was the hardest one. Not really any good loot though. Just some white quality armor that I couldn't even use.

"I'll lead, you follow."

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

I would like to thank Anet for scheduling this stress test just after dinner time GMT for all my West European players. A nice long evening of fun was had. Keep it up.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

My only problem this time was a bit of graphical lag, but i am told the game is still CPU bond and don't use all the computer resources so i am not extremily worried i'll have to spend more money to rebuild my rig.

Apart that bit , it went like a dream, and i discovered i like to be a big cat with a gun.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

I didnt have any issue either, only problem was the few time to play :S

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

2 problems, 1 - not enough time to play!! man that was fun. But 2 out of 3 times my PvP load froze at 95% so possibly the server that deals with all the joins was faslling over?

so much fun LOVE THIS GAME!!

• TbkrulezTbkrulez Member Posts: 42

I loved this stress test, It was much smoother than the BWE, and i felt improvement in the fps too.

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

I think so as well. Way better the BWE!

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

FINALLY got my husband to try out this game during this stress test.......after 10 minutes of playing...he silently walked to his computer, got out his credit card..

"What'cha doing honey?"

"..."

"Everything ok over there?"

"...."

"...oooohhh kaaaaaay?" *smirk"

"FINE! FINE! YOU WERE RIGHT! I JUST SPENT ANOTHER $150 FOR ANOTHER CE! HAPPY????!!!"

"Yep!" :D

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Lucrecia

FINALLY got my husband to try out this game during this stress test.......after 10 minutes of playing...he silently walked to his computer, got out his credit card..

"What'cha doing honey?"

"..."

"Everything ok over there?"

"...."

"...oooohhh kaaaaaay?" *smirk"

"FINE! FINE! YOU WERE RIGHT! I JUST SPEND ANOTHER $150 FOR ANOTHER CE! HAPPY????!!!"

"Yep!" :D

One of us.

One of us.

Gooble-gobble gooble-gobble...

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by kanezfan

Yeah. The time absolutely flew by at warp speed!

I've participated in a number of MMO betas in recent years where it's been a slog to get through 7 hours of testing. Even after 38 hours of time in BWE1, I felt compelled to take full advantage of the 7 hours of stress testing today, maybe spending 8 minutes away from the game through the duration of the test and just could not get enough!

I had a few issues today that I didn't experience during BWE1, so I'm guessing they had different configurations for different servers today and I got one of the short straws, but they were just a few minor annoyances that were al fixed with in a few minutes.

I really hope the more optimistic release estimates are correct, because I really want to be playing this game when ever I want, for as long as I want, very, very soon. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated