Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta players have Starter Edition version without a guest pass

TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I don't have a pass and I've just logged into the game so I'm assuming that anyone who was in the beta has the starter edition automatically.

Hope it's not a mistake!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Im pretty sure noone knows what the hell you're talking about.

From reading your post it appears you were able to login early?

Im also guessing from reading your post there was some sort of "starter edition" that allowed people to login early?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I haven't got my retail copy of the game yet and I havn't applied any codes. My Battle.net account doesn't show any account for the game.

I have just logged into the game (I'm in the UK so the servers are live) and I'm on the starter edition mode, playing it right now.

I'm saying that, unless this is some sort of mistake they have made, people who were in the beta might be able to access the starter edition mode without needing a guest pass. That's whats happened to me.

Originally posted by Hrimnir

Im also guessing from reading your post there was some sort of "starter edition" that allowed people to login early?

The starter edition info:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45

Were you in closed or open beta Vannor?

I did the open, still looking for a US GP key :(

Originally posted by zinnikeys

Were you in closed or open beta Vannor?

I did the open, still looking for a US GP key :(

I was in the open beta. If you were as well you might not need a guest pass. I just gave it a try and it's worked.

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45

Well, six more hours till I can find out. Thanks for adding some optimism on this end ;)

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

Hope this is true.  There really should have been a system to give the starter edition to everyone that preordered a physical copy.  At least you could build up a few characters and your blacksmith while waiting for your box.

• jaraynjarayn Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by Hrimnir

It would seem like its just you that doesnt know what hes taking about.

Sounds like it would be an oversight on their part. Good news for the BETA guys i guess though if it works for everyone.