Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i still get a login error

Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

everytime i try to login i still get a wrong password prompt. /sigh...i'm honestly about to cancel my prepurchase of the ce. i still have not heard from anet and i can't get a straight answer from anyone as to why i can't login to the game or the forums.

Comments

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Originally posted by enoch420

everytime i try to login i still get a wrong password prompt. /sigh...i'm honestly about to cancel my prepurchase of the ce. i still have not heard from anet and i can't get a straight answer from anyone as to why i can't login to the game or the forums.

Your login is your email.

Alot of people seem to use the Username.numbers.

You should be using your email and the password.

• Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

i did a password reset...TWICE!!! i still can't login to the game or forums with it. still saying it's the incorrect info. 

Originally posted by Rivalen

Your login is your email.

Alot of people seem to use the Username.numbers.

You should be using your email and the password.

i am dude. i have the username that i got from the registration email. i linked my gw account to my gw 2 account. should be the same exact login info...yet i'm still getting an error saying it's the wrong info. i'm about to punch through a window. i'm using my email and my password...just like it says...i reset my password twice so i know i'm putting in the right info.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

i did a password reset...TWICE!!! i still can't login to the game or forums with it. still saying it's the incorrect info. 

Sounds like its a problem on your end and not Anet's.  Its the players responsiblity to remeber their own login and passwords.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• boikymarboikymar Member Posts: 60

Wow, why are people so brutal? The man has an issue. He posted here to get some help, not to hear a bunch of crap [mod edit]

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i was having this issue last event when the authentication server crashed.. can you login to the website at all?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

You're doing it wrong. Seriously. Everyone else can log in OK

On a more helpful note, I had problems logging in on the first beta until I realised I was doing it wrong. Do you have a GW1 account, and did you link them when you created your GW2 account. If you did, you need to use the email from your GW1 account to login. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• boikymarboikymar Member Posts: 60

You're correct in that your GW and GW2 password should be the same. I had this same problem, but resetting the password corrected the problem in my case.

I contacted Anet support before resetting my password, and never heard back from them. They dropped the ball, in my opinion.

Great game, nonetheless! Right now nobody can login, so just keep trying brotha.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

During a beta, or a stress test even, the login server, client, game can spew out a dozen different errors, all based ont he fact that the server isn't coping, not that there is actually anything wrong with your information.

Welcome to your first beta...

[mod edit] it's saying my password is wrong. my password is the exact same on gw 1. i can log into 1 fine. not 2. i don't use dff passwords on stuff....you can keep slamming me....i guess i'll ask a moderator to plz close this thread....[mod edit]

Originally posted by boikymar

You're correct in that your GW and GW2 password should be the same. I had this same problem, but resetting the password corrected the problem in my case.

I contacted Anet support before resetting my password, and never heard back from them. They dropped the ball, in my opinion.

Great game, nonetheless! Right now nobody can login, so just keep trying brotha.

THANK YOU FOR A REAL ANSWER!!!! sadly i've reset my password twice and it's still saying my password is wrong.

Originally posted by stragen001

On a more helpful note, I had problems logging in on the first beta until I realised I was doing it wrong. Do you have a GW1 account, and did you link them when you created your GW2 account. If you did, you need to use the email from your GW1 account to login. 

Another good answer. Yes I'm using the exact same info. Even when you do a password reset it sends it to the email on your account. QUESTION: What colors do the squares on GW 2 turn when you put in a correct password? I'm getting 3 yellows when I put in the password that I setup for the account.

the 3 squares is unique to your password so someone elses colors won't help you.. again do you have any issues login into the gw2 main site?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

i was having this issue last event when the authentication server crashed.. can you login to the website at all?

if you're referring to the forums, no. i obviously have a problem with my password. my gw 2 password is obviously wrong....i've tried resetting....i made a ticket but that'll take a month to get resolved.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

type in the right log in information, and you will have no problem man. come on bud, its not rocket science.

• EagleDelta2EagleDelta2 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Another good answer. Yes I'm using the exact same info. Even when you do a password reset it sends it to the email on your account. QUESTION: What colors do the squares on GW 2 turn when you put in a correct password? I'm getting 3 yellows when I put in the password that I setup for the account.

When was the last time you changed your password?  If it's been since the stress test started, then you may need to just keep trying.  The stress test is designed to essentially see how many users it takes to kill the server system and adjust slowly, so issues are to be expected - you just have to keep trying.  If that's not the case - I'd bother ANet until you can get it working

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

might be a bug of some sort

so if you are using ;$€{][}}\?A41??W?Ä.... etc in your password,it might work for Gw1 but not for GW2 yet.

no idea how those accounts are linked but try to use only a-z on your password and it might do the trick,or not.

Let's internet

Originally posted by EagleDelta2

When was the last time you changed your password?  If it's been since the stress test started, then you may need to just keep trying.  The stress test is designed to essentially see how many users it takes to kill the server system and adjust slowly, so issues are to be expected - you just have to keep trying.  If that's not the case - I'd bother ANet until you can get it working

oh i've changed it twice in the past two hours. the login to the forums is the same info as well isn't it?

are you able ot login here with whatever password they gave you when you reset it?

https://account.guildwars2.com/account

are you able ot login here with whatever password they gave you when you reset it?

nope. and even after i reset it there, it still says bad info.

nope. and even after i reset it there, it still says bad info.

strange id reset it one more time then wait like 30 min to login.. perhaps so much going on with the machines over there now its taking awhile for that info to update in there system.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

It may just be that the login servers are overloaded and cant process your change in password. Sounds like the database has not updated to your new password.

During a stress test these problems are common. Send an email to Anet CS and let them know. Its only a 7 hour stress test in any case, dont see why people are getting so upset they cant login for a brief test.

If the problem is not sorted out on the next beta weekend then maybe get upset. Honestly just go do something else, problems are to be expected at this stage of the testing.

GOT IT!!! Thank you to all the people that read this thread and tried to help. Screw everyone else that had nothing good to say except trying to stir up anger. Apparently my last password was too long. Nothing that told me that, I just made a short 8 spot password and it works like a charm. So for future reference to anyone with the problem...try a shorter password.

GOT IT!!! Thank you to all the people that read this thread and tried to help. Screw everyone else that had nothing good to say except trying to stir up anger. Apparently my last password was too long. Nothing that told me that, I just made a short 8 spot password and it works like a charm. So for future reference to anyone with the problem...try a shorter password.

glad you sorted it out have fun!

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Just to confirm: can you log into GW1 ok and if so, are you using the same login details to try to log into GW2? If so, and it isn't working, it must be a problem at ANet's end.
This discussion has been closed.