Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just purchased Legions... ahhhh

I purchased Legions 2 days ago but did not use my key as I haven't had time to install the game yet. I opened the case to read the book inside when the news regarding AC2's closure broke. Not wanting to play a game with no immediate future I asked Game if I could return for a refund. As the game had been opened and they had no way of knowing if the product key had been used they said they couldn't. I then contacted Turbine billing to see if they would swap the product key for a Throne of Destiny key as at least that game has a immediate if not long term future. I was told they couldn't do this.

Thanks a lot Turbine for trying to help out a customer ... not. At least when Earth and Beyond closed down EA offered a migration path for it's customers. I never thought I would see the day when I would find a game company who treated it's customers worse than EA. Congratulations.

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

The announcment was just made today, I'm amazed you got all of this done in one day ::::29:: You still have 4 months to play and they still have yet to decide what to do with the existing players. AC1 migration is the most logical since it also costs $29.95 and is the same franchise. DDO would be the only other option if it actually makes it out by the end of this year, which is doubtful, but I can hope.

• FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200

Amazed I got this done in one day??? How long do you think it took me to phone up Game and then send Tubine billing a email? I don't want to invest 4 months (and more money) in a dead game.

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Fireburst
    Amazed I got this done in one day??? How long do you think it took me to phone up Game and then send Tubine billing a email? I don't want to invest 4 months (and more money) in a dead game.
    still the emailing would take longer then 1 day. Certainly now the news just got out. I'm sure you aren't the only one mailing billing support about the announcement.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

I got a reply within 90 mins. It's all academic now as Game have now agreed to take the game back after a heated exchange with the manager. I won't be wasting my credit on a Turbine game that is for sure.

here is copy of the Turbine reply to my email

Hi,

I just purchased Legions and was about to update my account when the sad news regarding AC2 closing down.
    As I haven't used the reg. key yet I was wondering if it would be possible to swap this key for a Throne Of Destiny key instead as I do not want to invest time in a game that will be closing. I cannot return Legions to the store as I have already broken the seal.

The product key is

*removed*

kind regards

Andy

Response:
    Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. We are not able to swap keys. We recommend contacting the retailer, perhaps you can return the game and purchase Throne of Destiny through them. Let us know if you have any further questions by either replying using the link below, or you may reach our live billing support at 781-407-4020 (Monday-Friday 12:30-8:30pm EST).

Thank you,
    Turbine Billing Support

• spydermr2spydermr2 Member Posts: 336

Response:
    Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. We are not able to swap keys. We recommend contacting the retailer, perhaps you can return the game and purchase Throne of Destiny through them. Let us know if you have any further questions by either replying using the link below, or you may reach our live billing support at 781-407-4020 (Monday-Friday 12:30-8:30pm EST).

Thank you,
    Turbine Billing Support

---- end quote -----

Now THAT's hysterical. Translation: "We're sorry you just paid for this expansion, which we put out a very short time ago, but we've cancelled the game and won't be providing for any support to those people who did as we asked and bought it. We know you're loyal fans, but, well, the company isn't going to do ANYTHING to support you or help you with this issue. Oh, wait: maybe you could convince someone else (the store) to help you (since we won't), and then you could buy our OTHER product, because you've now gotten a very good look at how we support our customers!"

Cripes. Damn shame.

It's a shame really as I am now playing Lineage2 and with a little help they may have had another AC1 subscriber. They obviously don't need my money because they are so successful ::::07::

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

"At least when Earth and Beyond closed down EA offered a migration path for it's customers"
    How do you mean by this?

Originally posted by nomadian
    "At least when Earth and Beyond closed down EA offered a migration path for it's customers"
    How do you mean by this?

They offered 30 free days on UO (which I know is a totally different type of online game but at least they tried).

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

Actually, IIRC, they let ummm.. ENB go to EVE but they had to send their cd's in (or something) so they could verify for a 30 day trial (not totally sure on this one).

Originally posted by Zhanghia
    Actually, IIRC, they let ummm.. ENB go to EVE but they had to send their cd's in (or something) so they could verify for a 30 day trial (not totally sure on this one).

This was a offer that CCP did which was independent of EA. One of the other MMORPG's could make a offer to existing AC2 players which would be a nice jesture.

• 20EYES20EYES Member Posts: 2

wow. have fun playing 4 months of a game that's going nowhere. i mean honestly, is anyone going to play this even one more day?

~Why can't you forgive yourself?~

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252

Originally posted by Fireburst

At least when Earth and Beyond closed down EA offered a migration path for it's customers.

ROFLMAO! EA offered EnB subscribers a migration path to the SIMS! LOL!! Can't blame them for trying I guess. What a joke of a company.