Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant trust posters here anymore

2»

Comments

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by NBlitz

No-one but me can tell me what I like.

+1

This forums are fun to read. There is 2 reasons i come here:

1- looking for news about mmorpg games.

2- have fun reading the flame war bettwen the fans and haters (some ppl have cool imagination)

Now, about the games i play? Never, ever based in other opinion.

No reason to be mad about it, OP.  image

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Apart from a few haters with dumb reasons, I find a lot of points valid from users here. Everything is out there, the game is a quest grind, repetitive, with few interesting BAMs and Dugeons, however it has great graphics and combat. If graphics combat is all you need to have fun then have at it, but to a lot that's going to get boring really fast. There's a few people out there that like questing like there's no tomorrow and do the same dungeons over and over, and good for them, because this game offers the new combat to go with that.

Level 42 here and I think I'm about done with this game.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by xposeidon

I confess i find ur signature fun on this thread image

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

People only have themselves to blame if they're "trusting" anyone but themselves.
    I have 1 or 2 friends whos opinion i trust and even then i disagree 50% of the time.

Don't blame the forums or people you don't know, look at yourself. Forums will be forums.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Jabas

Originally posted by xposeidon

I confess i find ur signature fun on this thread image

Morpheus FTW!

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Magazines or Gaming sites reviews are unreliable as they need advetisement endorsement and

preview perks from game companies.

You can get better info from Youtube or twitch.tv ( Life Stream ).

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

There are to many GW2 fanbois plaguing this site of late, any mmo or game for that matter other than GW2 seems to get flamed. If you don't believe me look at the history of post of a lot of the posters down playing games. 

They will be a GW2 fan. 

My suggestion is just wait til GW2 finally releases and then we can get back to normal. 

• Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

There are to many GW2 fanbois plaguing this site of late, any mmo or game for that matter other than GW2 seems to get flamed. If you don't believe me look at the history of post of a lot of the posters down playing games. 

They will be a GW2 fan. 

My suggestion is just wait til GW2 finally releases and then we can get back to normal. 

I think that is the case on any MMO site these days, GW2 is definitely seen as the second coming :p

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by xmenty

Magazines or Gaming sites reviews are unreliable as they need advetisement endorsement and

preview perks from game companies.

You can get better info from Youtube or twitch.tv ( Life Stream ).

Everything you read and watch is subjective. The trick to get reliable information from one of these sources is to find a reporter/editor/writer who has a similar taste like you, and avoid ones who have a different taste. 

Youtube and twitch.tv information is subject to the exact same limitations than magazines and gaming sites in this regard.

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

to be honest its not fair to say hey dont listen to this guy or dont listen to that guy. A forum is a place where people state there opinion's about a game you feel tera is great and awesome and others feel it is not for there own reasons if u choose not to play a game based on someone elses opinion that is ur own fault. With that being said its good u went with ur gut and found a game u enjoy i my self did not liek tera did not draw me in but that is me. But again my purpose for posting on this thread isnt to flame its just to state that you should never go with what someone else says just take there opinions with a grain of salt.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by badclown

yeah sure its the internet.. I know what you mean, but Im getting angry if I read plain lies.

If someone doenst like a game.. fine, no prob with that.. but its the lies I really start to hate.

And it wasnt always like that on this site or am I wrong ?

btw. thanks for the compliment.. reading and writing in english is pretty easy, but when I have

to talk its whole different story. I dont sound like arnold schwarzenegger, but still I have a bad

accent haha!

and yes.. those press reviews are crap as well, no doubt about it.. but in here ? I mean come

on, is this site beeing infiltrated by social media guys from "enemy" game companies ?

p.s. skydiver.. I got your joke man XD .. sure Im paid, I bought a pink ferrari from that money!

List off some of these lies you re talking about.

THis is what the OP is talking about. The OP read the reviews from people like you and found them to be completely diffrent...to the point the OP considerd them lies.  The respose is for a list of those lies so you can tell him hes wrong?

Whatever happend to just giving info on the game?  Just because every little issue is a giant game breaking problem for you doesnt mean a majority of people have the same zero tolerance.

I do realize that 90% of the posters on this sight have some agenda, since most people feel the need to defend their own decisions as the best decision.

Honestly i feel that most of the people here dislike mmorpgs all together and wont like any mmorpg that has been launched (only pre launch it seems)...i really think its time for a lot of these people to pick a new gaming genere, they would be much happier with the games and people like the OP could come to a sight that (use to be) dedicated to mmorpgs and get some solid info.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Paid to spread lies...or just attention whores?  Even in a group of friends there is always one person who wants to be the center of attention or exagerates, speaks in absolutes, etc.

I have not yet tried the game and was not planning on it, but I am tempted to pick it up just to see the art.  It looks like a beautiful game.  I'm a little daunted by the combat though.  I left fps because of the wear and tear on my hands.  

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

you know.. mmorpg.com is/was my main site to learn about new games and read gossip

about mmos and stuff although my native language is german, since Im from Austria.

sadly, there is a trend where people here are just flaming games without any real truth in

their words. "I played the first two quests.. and I uninstalled" "I played till 25 and because

I found out (insert random lie) I uninstalled" - really ? I guess you are just a paid guy, from

a random company spreading lies.. because if I dont like a game I simply leave it alone.

Luckily I bought the game.. and I really have fun, there are pros and cons.. definitly and they have

been discussed already, all Im going to say is: this is the very best combat system, I EVER

saw in a MMO. And thats my main reason why I like this game. And dont start with your so

called expert status cuz you played UO. I dont give a **** about that - I played since DAOC and

was in countless betas and live versions of MMOs.

so what I want so say is.. people, ignore those troll threads. check out you tube videos.. or try

the game yourself. You cant trust those mmorpg posters anymore.

That's because back when the site opened the content was much smaller, better but smaller. The unwashed masses weren't here, so you didn't have to make an entire post of hyperpole to get a point across.

I agree with you that the unwarented negativity here has little to do with fact, and more to do with sensationalism.

I dont haunt the forums of the games I dont care for but I dont have time either, some of the shut ins with a million post count and a start date of yesterday have nothing else.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Lets see what i can remember off the top of my head.

1. Tera failed in Korea (currently 3rd most played mmorpg in Korea)

2. Tera is F2P in Korea and Japan (They still have sub so I have no idea where people got this)

3. Tera is not action combat because of root animation (Even though most action combat games have root animation....)

4. Tera ia F2P quality (I'll bite on this one if people can find me one F2P game thats on Tera's quality and I mean the seamless, world, graphicly, combat, everything, not just one part. Also Aion does't count as well with any game that started P2P)

These are some of the more common ones, but there some other random stuff people makes up every now and than.

Also I tend to like to do my research before playing a game but honestly its too hard to tell what the game is really like when all you have is 2 extreme telling you it sucks or its good XD Best to try it out yourself unless you have funding issue, but in that case you really shouldn't be playing games right now.

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

Why not play in the US? I do and i'm from europe and you'll buy the game for 44 euro's :P

Oops was supposed to quote someone arrrgh.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Personally, a new combat system no matter how cool it is is not enough to make me fall in love with a MMO. If I wanted an action-based game, I will probably play FPS.

The game should be much more than action-paced combat, as eventually people could go fast bored by it. 

All the power to the people who are into it, I think variety is better for the MMO market. But I'm skeptic Tera will keep most of the people more than a few months.

• badclownbadclown Member Posts: 37

First of all guys (and girls).. Im pretty happy about the discussion so far, I almost didnt read any

flames and I think many of you understand what Im talking about btw. giving out good advice.

Many questions directed to me have been answered by other guys.. thanks for that :0)

(talking about specific lies here, those are good examples)

I realize that the website has grown a lot in the last few years.. and I realize not everyone likes

the game (Tera) - see I dont have a porblem with that, but there is a difference between:

- I dont like TERA because the FPS combat sucks

and

- I dont like TERA because it went F2P in Japan, kills your harddrive and eats your teddybear

on the TERA topic.. well, I dont wanna be a fanboy. I tell you, the game isnt for everyone. The

quests are truly standard MMORPG stuff.. I personally am all about the combat, especially

when youre fighting as a group. Doing dungeons is fucking great.. so much action in one place..

and I like the "seamless" world design. Yes.. there are invisible walls, but sometimes there arent,

I can climb mountains.. yes there arent any treasures at the mountaintops but Im just having fun

climbing at them.. hiding because of my PvP status haha!

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

you know.. mmorpg.com is/was my main site to learn about new games and read gossip

about mmos and stuff although my native language is german, since Im from Austria.

sadly, there is a trend where people here are just flaming games without any real truth in

their words. "I played the first two quests.. and I uninstalled" "I played till 25 and because

I found out (insert random lie) I uninstalled" - really ? I guess you are just a paid guy, from

a random company spreading lies.. because if I dont like a game I simply leave it alone.

Luckily I bought the game.. and I really have fun, there are pros and cons.. definitly and they have

been discussed already, all Im going to say is: this is the very best combat system, I EVER

saw in a MMO. And thats my main reason why I like this game. And dont start with your so

called expert status cuz you played UO. I dont give a **** about that - I played since DAOC and

so what I want so say is.. people, ignore those troll threads. check out you tube videos.. or try

Exactly. It's okay to read some user reviews while filtering out the trolls. However, it's best to ultimately form your own opinion regarding a game because it may not be a particular reviewer's cup of tea, but it may very well be yours. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

The best reviews to read are from people who are objective, these forums have some of the most unobjective people in it I have ever seen, they will totally flame a game and make it seem like everyone has the same opinion as them LOL.  SWTOR is the perfect example, you have posters who will rightfully flame the crafting, PvP, no server merges or character transfers but then they wont give Bioware credit for its production, story , cut scenes,etc or give it grudging credit, then you have fanboys who say everything about swtor is wonderful and soon they will fix everything that is not.  Same thing on the Yahoo political forums- some people say Obama is terrible and he has not done one thing for the nation and that includes killing bin laden! and other people think he walks on water.               

So my advice is If the review contains good things and bad things about the game it is the most reliable review.   My reviews of course are all 100% perfect (he he just kidding)

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by rexzshadow

2. Tera is F2P in Korea and Japan (They still have sub so I have no idea where people got this)

3. Tera is not action combat because of root animation (Even though most action combat games have root animation....)

4. Tera ia F2P quality (I'll bite on this one if people can find me one F2P game thats on Tera's quality and I mean the seamless, world, graphicly, combat, everything, not just one part. Also Aion does't count as well with any game that started P2P)

These are some of the more common ones, but there some other random stuff people makes up every now and than.

Also I tend to like to do my research before playing a game but honestly its too hard to tell what the game is really like when all you have is 2 extreme telling you it sucks or its good XD Best to try it out yourself unless you have funding issue, but in that case you really shouldn't be playing games right now.

I personally have never claimed any of these to be true, nor have I heard most of those. The F2P quality, yes I ll agree with that. That is personal opinion, on my, and many others obviously. They re not lies. Quests suck, again opinion. Linear, typical themepark MMO, again not lies, opinion. The list goes on and on.

I love how it s ok for someone that likes the game says these are lies(opinions). Theres no lies, in the fact the game is, now heres the important part. IMO, a linear, boring quest hub to quest hub, nothing really new or exciting to offer, outside of the so called great action combat MMO.

As I ve said before these are opinions, and not lies.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I did try 3 open Beta Weekends.  Did'nt help at all.  Glad you like the game but for me it sucked and will stick to other games.  I guess I am biased but I jsut cant stand Asian themed games, never have and never will.  I like European Themed Fantasy way more and no amount of great gameplay can overcome my disdain for fluffy, cutsey, rainbows, and puppydog tails art style.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

I personally have never claimed any of these to be true, nor have I heard most of those. The F2P quality, yes I ll agree with that. That is personal opinion, on my, and many others obviously. They re not lies. Quests suck, again opinion. Linear, typical themepark MMO, again not lies, opinion. The list goes on and on.

I love how it s ok for someone that likes the game says these are lies(opinions). Theres no lies, in the fact the game is, now heres the important part. IMO, a linear, boring quest hub to quest hub, nothing really new or exciting to offer, outside of the so called great action combat MMO.

As I ve said before these are opinions, and not lies.

The only one i can consider an opinon is F2P quality, idk how any of the other ones can possible be an opinion, and you haven't be on this forum much if you never seen any of them. I'm not saying you personally did claim any of them but there good amount of people who have.

• kutervkuterv Member Posts: 28

Yeah, this game = nothing speshial ... for me it was really boring and animations there just awefull 

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I agree with the OP, no matter what you think about this game, the posters here can no longer be trusted as a viable source of information. It's a shame, but its true. It's like reading the comments on CNN for real news.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

This discussion has been closed.