Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5/15/12 Diablo 2 day of protest!

124»

Comments

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

I just love how people keep bringing up the bot farming and RMAH. Its like no one understands how Diablo 2 had some of the worst farmers in gaming history. The systems being put in, a are the result of this. They are there to improve upon actions that you can not be 100% prevented. It is a form of control to limit the problems.

How does so few understand this. Its not the best fix at all, don't get me wrong. Yet I don't see a way too fix it. So might as well limit the account theft and all the BS that comes with black market selling of goods. Blizzard will make money vs china farming sits. That and will save money due to not having to deal with all the account hacks and other issue with having zero control over the market. 

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Nivisiru

I just love how people keep bringing up the bot farming and RMAH. Its like no one understands how Diablo 2 had some of the worst farmers in gaming history. The systems being put in, a are the result of this. They are there to improve upon actions that you can not be 100% prevented. It is a form of control to limit the problems.

How does so few understand this. Its not the best fix at all, don't get me wrong. Yet I don't see a way too fix it. So might as well limit the account theft and all the BS that comes with black market selling of goods. Blizzard will make money vs china farming sits. That and will save money due to not having to deal with all the account hacks and other issue with having zero control over the market. 

And how exactly will the RMAH stop bot farming or exploit use?  It won't in my opinion.  I'd like to hear how you think it will.

Do you think gold sellers will hike up the price to cover what Blizz takes or try to use their own sites again?

What do you think will happen to item values when the first case of duping happens?  How will that make people feel about previous purchases versus current values.

Do you think Blizz endorsing gold selling in their own game will increase or decrease the number of bots?

Do you think real money added to the equation legally will increase or decrease exploit use in order to increase profit?

Will people keep exploits to themselves for maximum profit?

Yeah, I may anticipate the worst in people, but that's exactly what kind of a set up this seems like to me.  Am I wrong?  I'd love to be.  Thoughts?

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

So, what is a pissed off Diablo 2 fan to do?

#1 Do NOT buy Diablo 3 at launch.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#3 on 5/15/12, play massive amounts of online Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

It was fun to play, and I just ignored the real money auction house. *Shrug*

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

You know, I feel like pre-ordering Diablo 3 just to mock the obnoxious Diablo 1/2 fanboys that infest these forums.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

gold farming bots cant bother you, its a single player game with up to 4 player co op, you dont play with people you dont know unless you opt too.

it doesnt have pvp, if thats why the pvp is terrible, well its a single player game with 4 player co op anyway, why would you care about pvp.

no one really liked farming for 1000 hours and still not getting stats you liked on your armor in d2, honestly we didnt.

havent played yet, but i doubt its very pastel.

Originally posted by paroxysm

And how exactly will the RMAH stop bot farming or exploit use?  It won't in my opinion.  I'd like to hear how you think it will.

Do you think gold sellers will hike up the price to cover what Blizz takes or try to use their own sites again?

What do you think will happen to item values when the first case of duping happens?  How will that make people feel about previous purchases versus current values.

Do you think Blizz endorsing gold selling in their own game will increase or decrease the number of bots?

Do you think real money added to the equation legally will increase or decrease exploit use in order to increase profit?

Yeah, I may anticipate the worst in people, but that's exactly what kind of a set up this seems like to me.  Am I wrong?  I'd love to be.  Thoughts?

well seeing how its not even an mmo, its a 4 player co op lobby game, i dont see how anyone is gonna get into your game and spam you to buy golds.

rmah is just retarded, you need a cell phone and paypal to even use it.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

PoE is doing a stress test weekend so, play that instead then. Me, I might buy D3 instead though.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by neorandom

well seeing how its not even an mmo, its a 4 player co op lobby game, i dont see how anyone is gonna get into your game and spam you to buy golds.

rmah is just retarded, you need a cell phone and paypal to even use it.

Are there no open lobbies?  Honestly asking.

What about the other questions?

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by colddog04

Nah, I'll just buy it and play it instead.

I approve of this message.  image

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

If Diablo 2 was released to day side by side with Diablo 3

Gaurentee you Diablo 2 would fail pretty hard today, Diablo 2 had a lot of good but also a lot of bad.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Oh the irony!

I'd like to give you a piece of my mind since you are talking about D3, but the unfiltered version might get me banned, and quite honestly, no offence here, you really aren't worth it.

Have fun in D2  image

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

#2 Install Diablo 2.

The true masterpiece was the first Diablo, I remember thinking the same thing you guys say about D3 when D2 released.

The irony... :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

#2 Install Diablo 2.

DO what I do and play TSW.  I thought I was going to play D2 till this weekend showed me the glory that is TSW.  I cant play 3 games and no way in hell am I cutting out GW2, so D3 was it.   Plus it isnt even an MMO so to me its a no brainer.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

#2 Install Diablo 2.

DO what I do and play TSW.  I thought I was going to play D2 till this weekend showed me the glory that is TSW.  I cant play 3 games and no way in hell am I cutting out GW2, so D3 was it.   Plus it isnt even an MMO so to me its a no brainer.

gw2 isnt an mmo either.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by neorandom

gw2 isnt an mmo either.

You base that on what? D3 is a Action RPG or possibly a CORPG but it ain´t a MMO.

GW2 on the other hand is as much a MMO as EQ 1 & 2.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Maybe you should have explained why you're protesting the game in the original post. The fact is, you'v eonly played the beta and the majority of people who are complaining about the game seem to be people who only wanted a Diablo 2 with upgraded graphics. Maybe people are forgetting that Diablo 2 was not a perfect game and we shouldn't kill Blizzard before playing the entirety of the game. Jus tmy two cents.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

Real money was all ready apart of the equation. Items will not sell for 1k plus as there is a cap. With real players selling gold and items, it will hurt the farmers some. Its just a cleaner system that was sadly all ready apart of the game. Its in no way a fix to the problem. I just find it better then what it was. 

You make it sound like RMAH is the cause of the problem. It was all ready there and this is there response to it. Wish they could have done more, yet I don't see what can really be done. People will be dbags no matter what you do.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Real money was all ready apart of the equation. Items will not sell for 1k plus as there is a cap. With real players selling gold and items, it will hurt the farmers some. Its just a cleaner system that was sadly all ready apart of the game. Its in no way a fix to the problem. I just find it better then what it was. 

You make it sound like RMAH is the cause of the problem. It was all ready there and this is there response to it. Wish they could have done more, yet I don't see what can really be done. People will be dbags no matter what you do.

Also, instead of leading players to shady 3rd party sites, everything is handled from within the game. The (RM)AH is centralized and impersonal. With the 3rd party sites every site is different, handled by different people and most importantly, uses different pricings. I want one place to look throught the available items, not surfing and excelsheeting dozens (random numbers ftw!) of sites, were the probability of getting scammed is also present.

No, I know it's not the cause.  I played D1 and D2.  It's always been there.  The RMAH just encourages some of the behavior and makes sure Blizz gets their cut of some bad elements as well. 

I don't see how the RMAH will help at all.  Though, people keep telling me so.  I don't even think it will abolish gold selling sites for the game as price wars will get fierce after a while.

As I mentioned with some of my questions, I just forsee a lot more conflict and issues stemming from side effects of the system in various ways.

Personally, I don't care if the game is good or bad.  I won't judge it at all on gameplay.  I will simply avoid it completely because of the RMAH and all the crap that will come with and from it.  At least in D1 and D2 they were fighting the good fight.  They did a horrible job for the most part.  But, at least they tried some.  Or were they already leading to this and phoning it in?  How many times, across two games and expansion packs, did duping happen...  I personally can't say, but it never looked good for them. 

If duping rears it's head again in D3, how will that impact the RMAH economy and how will Blizzard handle it from their ivory pedastals?

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

I was planning on doing just that, OP, except Guild Wars 2 stress test instead of D2. I'm not gonna slander D3, I just wasn't very impressed with the beta and won't be buying it on release. Voting with my wallet. If it turns out to be good, I may buy it later.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by s4nder

I was planning on doing just that, OP, except Guild Wars 2 stress test instead of D2. I'm not gonna slander D3, I just wasn't very impressed with the beta and won't be buying it on release. Voting with my wallet. If it turns out to be good, I may buy it later.

Read some stuff about a starter edition, that allows you to play Act 1 full with a lvl 13 restriction.

You may wanna check that out :)

• SajiSaji Member UncommonPosts: 55

Pffft, fuck Diablo and its sequels. I'll be too busy playing the Torchlight 2 beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkA03fEoBJs

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

Got a spare beta key? :)

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Once and for all, please there is something that has to be clear.

Diablo 3 changed nothing from diablo 2 or 1. I know that many will say "outrage" and "not true"

Nevertheless it is still clic hack and slash, which is great right?

So why isn't it possible to take that gameplay and make it 2012 gameplay?

Why is diablo 3 gameplay still about grinding gear to grind more gear? I just don't understand why such a gameplay is put down to that greed model.

I can't play anymore of those games. it is tiresome

I don't want to have gear but i want to have fun. Why is it impossible to have fun if you don't have gear?

why is it that all the fun is to get gear ? who give's a fuck about gear? nobody in fact but the gameplay force the gamer to do it, so logicaly everybody care, right?

Wel it ain't right !

Diablow 3, it sucks ...