Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA has over 700K players!

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Kost

So 1.7 and 1.2 million are considered failures when SWTOR is the subject.

But when TERA is the subject, somehow 700k is considered a success.

Irony...

SWTOR cost 10x as much as Tera....

Originally posted by jtcgs

Originally posted by spaceport

700k for an action MMO with no IP, an unknown developer and little to no advertising is a great number.

It is? Doesnt that make Vindictus the greatest thing in history? It has over 2 million players...and a better overall game, free 2 play as well. Everything Tera should be...

2 million accounts made.... There is no where near 2 million people playing. also you forgot to metion P2W cash shop.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

If they only have 700k players so far, that seems a bit problematic. I don't want to be a doomsayer, but most games have a fairly substantial drop off in sales after a few months. Hopefully they keep enough numbers to make a decent profit and pay for the start of their next project as well as fund all the patches and updates for Tera.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

You don't have to buy anything to play Vindictus.

Bad trolling is bad.

Its true bad trolling is bad...

Topic is Tera has 700k players...not 700k subs...same with those I am replying to, who said having that many players is great. Deal with it.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by rexzshadow

We cant tell by the low quality game that is Tera.

2 million accounts made.... There is no where near 2 million people playing. also you forgot to metion P2W cash shop.

I suggest you log into any one of the games servers, far more than you will find on Tera. P2W cash shop has nothing to do with anything, topic is about how many people are playing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• NliteNlite Member Posts: 8

I've am playing Tera, andI find it pathetic that the trolls have started the hate before a month is even out. Give people time to play to the endgame and check out the content please.

I am loving this game despite it's lack of variety in the filler quest department (the main story quests are good enough).

The action combat was everything it said on the tin, I felt like I was playing a 3 D beat em up, which was awesome, the single beginning area was an economy but it was adequate.

Graphics are right up there, the environment is realistic enough to give a feel of immersion, the desert for instance, has puffs of grit whiped up by the wind.

Combat animations are smooth and realistic and natural, a joy to behold.

I reserve the full judgement until the endgame but right now, it's the best thing since WoW for me personally and I'm playing it like an addicted maniac.

• revengecyrevengecy Member UncommonPosts: 21

700k is clearly for NA as an En Masse admin wouldn't have a way of accessing how many subscribers K-Tera has or EU Tera which is by hosted frogster.That information would be useless since it has no impact on NA Tera for the person who asked this gm in terms of gameplay. The three versions of Tera are not based on the same server, neither in the same location or by the same companies.

700k subscribers for just NA seems okay, but i dont know if it will last.

The 500k sub statement was given well over a year ago.

So?

LA is not recieving a share of sub revenue, it is a % of total revenue and its around 5%.

Wrong

EA gets gets all of the money from what a box is being sold to stores to.

EA then dishes out to copyright holders. Bioware...is owned by EA.

No, there are other things to pay, not just developers.

Thay have already made over 100 million from Subs, sales from the nations it recently released in hasnt been released yet either. The game easily topped 200 million in revenue.

You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about

D+, see me after class.

Another one that thinks outdated information isnt important and that their opinion overrides an investor report which by law must contain actual information or they are guilty of corporate investor fraud.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

You know jtcgs, as much as I agree with some of your points, you're being a bit obnoxious about it overall.  I say let the Tera fans enjoy their time in the sun, people have been giving them a hard enough time lately as it is and we don't want people doing the same to us (even though that's very likely to happen lol).

Originally posted by Nlite

I've am playing Tera, andI find it pathetic that the trolls have started the hate before a month is even out. Give people time to play to the endgame and check out the content please.

Game was released in Jan of 2011...who is the troll now? There is 16 months worth of information telling us how bad the game is, they didnt even like it in Korea. As for 700k being outside of Asia...where were the pre-order news releases? No company that has a great pre-order amount doesnt give out a press release to brag.

This is SWTOR all over again.

Fanboys playing the cop in front of a burning building...move along, nothing to see here.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by SorrowI

promise you with D3 in 2 days, and TSW and GW2  to follow, by next month the game has maybe 100k paying for that first month sub if even.

I agree with this. And, I see Tera breaking the "gone to F2P" record too because of those other games. Combat is the only thing unique that it has going for it.

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Originally posted by Nlite

Game was released in Jan of 2011...who is the troll now? There is 16 months worth of information telling us how bad the game is, they didnt even like it in Korea. As for 700k being outside of Asia...where were the pre-order news releases? No company that has a great pre-order amount doesnt give out a press release to brag.

This is SWTOR all over again.

Fanboys playing the cop in front of a burning building...move along, nothing to see here.

Don't you worry yourself. It isn't mentioned whether the 700k is just NA or globally, so you can't be certain. Also, talking about the release deate in Korea has absolutely nothing to do with the release date in North America. The more you know!

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

Originally posted by rexzshadow

We cant tell by the low quality game that is Tera.

Fact that Tera feel more like a mmorpg than single player game with co-op mode? Or that Tera have end game? or that Tera has better grahpics?

I suggest you log into any one of the games servers, far more than you will find on Tera. P2W cash shop has nothing to do with anything, topic is about how many people are playing.

Lol so random people going on to try the game counts the same as some one who plays and pay a sub monthly? F2P game will always attract people who want to test it out becaue its free, by not means do most of them even stay, you can't count them because they will put no money in to the game period. You can have 10 million people playing but if all of them only testing out the game it means jack shit.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

why do mean spirited people come and say games are failures - does it cause them physical pain to see a game they don't enjoy succeed?

if you like it, play it... it's a success!  you play and are having fun.  yay.

i'm happy EME are taking in the subs for tera, personally because i, personally, have fun when playing it and i feel like i'm getting 40 bucks/3 months worth of entertainment.  my guild is gearing up for the vanarch elections...

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Panther2103

Originally posted by Kost

So 1.7 and 1.2 million are considered failures when SWTOR is the subject.

But when TERA is the subject, somehow 700k is considered a success.

Irony...

1.7 and 1.2 million are failures for SWTOR because they didn't make as much as they spent on the game. Making it a failure.

dude, swtor is generating prob 15 milion a month. how do you see that as a failure?? thats not counting box sales either

try to use your noggin before posting that laughable garbage

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Originally posted by SorrowI

promise you with D3 in 2 days, and TSW and GW2  to follow, by next month the game has maybe 100k paying for that first month sub if even.

I agree with this. And, I see Tera breaking the "gone to F2P" record too because of those other games. Combat is the only thing unique that it has going for it.

So what is the problem with F2P? Its good, u will get great game for free. I don't understand why ppl (not neccesserly u) think that f2p is a fail for a mmo game. If so, than GW2 is by deffinition a fail.

So tera will start with subscription, get some serious money, and then they go f2p to keep the population and game going with some microtransactions or whatever. I don't see anything wrong with it. 

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

Come back in 6 months. I doubt it will last 3. Just too much competition really.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by mWo4life

So what is the problem with F2P? Its good, u will get great game for free. I don't understand why ppl (not neccesserly u) think that f2p is a fail for a mmo game. If so, than GW2 is by deffinition a fail.

It's really getting stupid how many people say GW2 is f2p.  Is Skyrim f2p?  Is Madden 2012 f2p?  You pay for the game once, just because it doesn't have an unneccessary sub fee doesn't make it a f2p.  In his definition if he wants to think F2P's are fail, GW2 still doesn't fall under that umbrella.  Thanks.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

It doesn't have that many subs in NA, that's for sure. there's only like 2 populated servers, 3 middle of the road populated servers, and hte rest are not populated at all. And theres not many servers...That number would make no sense unless 98% of it is in Korea.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by eddieg50

Originally posted by Sorrow

As Ive said before my guild is 3rd rated on our server  and yesterday we had 8 people total log on out of 380.

Many have already left and moved on...  I promise you with D3 in 2 days, and TSW and GW2  to follow, by next month the game has maybe 100k paying for that first month sub if even.

yes my guild has about 310 people and getting about 35-40 every night which is not good

Eddie I know you tried the BETA and said you wouldn't play, sounds like some kind of lie to me.

Especially considering the max players allowed in a guild is 300, and no guilds have 300, they always keep 295-299, never recruiting to max.

On a side note, all the guilds i've been hoping through have a decent amount of players on during most parts of the day.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Valentina

It doesn't have that many subs in NA, that's for sure. there's only like 2 populated servers, 3 middle of the road populated servers, and hte rest are not populated at all. And theres not many servers...That number would make no sense unless 98% of it is in Korea.

The servers hold a ridiculous amount of players. 140,000 players sign in per day in Korea, they have 13 servers and almost all of them are low population.

I would like an official statement though from either En Masse or Frogster stating how many total subs they have, for NA+EU or all three with Korea factored in.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Eir_S

It's really getting stupid how many people say GW2 is f2p.  Is Skyrim f2p?  Is Madden 2012 f2p?  You pay for the game once, just because it doesn't have an unneccessary sub fee doesn't make it a f2p.  In his definition if he wants to think F2P's are fail, GW2 still doesn't fall under that umbrella.  Thanks.

I don't want to go into GW2 discussion, but   following your way of thinking I can say GW2 is no good because it has "unnessesery" initial fee. Why they don't make it totally free like Path of Exile, which is free to play and download. 

Originally posted by Eir_S

Does Skyrim require constant content update? Does Madden require a large staff to maintains servers and deal with player issue? Not saying F2P or B2P is fail but your examples are horrible.

It doesn't make sense because you don't think it makes sense? Also you can't tell how populated a server is, their server status is based on how many accounts made character on that server. Doesn't have anything to do with how many people are playing.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

Originally posted by Pivotelite

The servers hold a ridiculous amount of players. 140,000 players sign in per day in Korea, they have 13 servers and almost all of them are low population.

I would like an official statement though from either En Masse or Frogster stating how many total subs they have, for NA+EU or all three with Korea factored in.

No they don't.

if 140,000 players sign on per day, that's a cycle and not all at once. That's decent but it's not above average by any means. Their servers are not very big there's not many games that have servers that hold more than 3,000 each. To my knowledge there's EvE, and the only others just came out for the very first time, or are not out yet. This does not include TERA.

• JaylanonyousJaylanonyous Member Posts: 31

lol fail troll? You can only have 300 per guild max.

ALso any guild with 300 members usually mass invited randomly at headstart / beta, in which alot of players don't play those chars anymore. I'm in 3 different guilds and only play one of the chars.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Sorrow

As Ive said before my guild is 3rd rated on our server  and yesterday we had 8 people total log on out of 380.

Many have already left and moved on...  I promise you with D3 in 2 days, and TSW and GW2  to follow, by next month the game has maybe 100k paying for that first month sub if even.

Guilds have a cap of 300, and what do you mean by 3rd rated? In what? Size?

Largest guild on my server has almost 700 members across 3 guilds and you see them everywhere.

My own guild has 140 people or so, with decent log in rates, and we clean our ranks consistently so we're not too far off from actual membership. 

But I have detected a drop from the initial week or so, guess we're bleeding some folks as well.

And I think you're right, D3 will take a big chunk away for a bit, but MMORPG purists will drop it fairly quickly and return to their favorite MMORPG. 

Not sure if that will be TERA however.

TSW I see going the way of AOC, pretty rocky at launch, better later. GW2 not coming out until at least end of June, maybe longer.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon