Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Team Diablo III, Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile?

13

Comments

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Vannor

    Originally posted by Aori


    Originally posted by ArEf

    Anyone that likes Diablo 3 over Path of Exile or Torchlight 2 is part of the Call of Duty generation, to be frank.


    Originally posted by franko79

    D3 >= PoE > Torchlight 2

    Diablo 3 - its blizzard = AAA title

    PoE - great free h&s for more demanding gamers, better with every month.

    torchlight 2 - fun little h&s, but can be boring in long term.

    Fairly obviously never played Torchlight 2.

    Actually he is spot on.. it'll be a fun little hack n slash but there is no persistance with it so it'll get boring for the majority of players.

    I Just don't understand his PoE comment of how its for more demanding gamers.. whats that mean?

    I've gotta say that, from the betas, PoE has the most randomness in maps, then Torchlight 2, then Diablo III.

    PoE the maps change completely. Torchlight 2 has different 'routes' that appear but sometimes you hit the same ones if repreating, I 'think' there are some random quests in there because not everyone found the fisher boat quest (But they might have just missed it). Diablo III seem about 80% static in level design with new dungeons/cellers/caves that crop up ocassionally, it also has random events/quests it seems.

    Will any of them get boring in the long run? No one can answer that properly yet, only PoE can be fully played and I didn't play it for too long because I'd rather wait for release.

    The map thing thus far has been one of my only complaints with D3, we'll see how the game really unfolds on the 15th though.

  • ClassicstarClassicstar rotjeknorPosts: 2,690Member

    I go for freedom of offline-lan or mods no DRM so im TOTAL fan of PoE and TL2.

    Its not that i hate D3 its just limitations and and control through aweful battlenet and run by money grabbing company that have changed D3 way to much, i realy don't like and i know im in very small groupe that oppose this that dislike D3 and everything involved around it but hey it will win nomatter what crap blizzard dumb on the market it will be succes right?... so my dislike don't matter at all hehe:)

    Have fun with Diablo3 ill have fun with indie competion TL2 and PoE.

    MB:MSI Z97XPOWER AC
    CPU:Intell Icore7 4790k
    GPU:MSI 2x AMD 290X
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i
    OS:Windows 8.1 64bit)not yet sure i upgrade to windows 10 need to know alot more with integrated cloud and other maybe spy stuff)

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Classicstar

    I go for freedom of offline-lan or mods no DRM so im TOTAL fan of PoE and TL2.

    Its not that i hate D3 its just limitations and and control through aweful battlenet and run by money grabbing company that have changed D3 way to much, i realy don't like and i know im in very small groupe that oppose this that dislike D3 and everything involved around it but hey it will win nomatter what crap blizzard dumb on the market it will be succes right?... so my dislike don't matter at all hehe:)

    Have fun with Diablo3 ill have fun with indie competion TL2 and PoE.

    ...really? PoE is online only with no mods. So by your post you should not want to play as with diablo 3.

    As for TL2 for single player and mods it'll be fun but thats about it.

  • LolusLolus PeizasPosts: 19Member

    Torchlight 2 for me. Diablo 3 is just another Activi$$$ion title (no ladder, no mods, etc), I've watched the full cinematics and they are the only great thing about the game tbh

  • RednecksithRednecksith Madison heights, MIPosts: 1,238Member

    Originally posted by franko79

    D3 >= PoE > Torchlight 2

     

    Diablo 3 - its blizzard = AAA title

    PoE - great free h&s for more demanding gamers, better with every month.

    torchlight 2 - fun little h&s, but can be boring in long term.

    Eh, I'd have to put TL2 ahead of PoE, but just barely. TL2 doesn't have gender locked classes, plus each class feels unique, whereas PoE's mishmash of a skill tree is innovative, but leaves me feeling like there's no real reason to pick one class over the other. If any class can be effective with any build, then why even have classes in the first place? Just do away with them entirely and have players pick between a male and female character, pick a starting skill gem, and go! In fact, I'd prefer that approach, as it would feel like good old UO in a more action-oriented format.

    I will admit that neither class I've played thus far in TL2  (engineer and embermage) has really grabbed me though. I'll buy the game regardless, as I'm a big fan of Runic Games. Plus it'll be a nice way to get my ARPG fix if the internet goes down in my area.

    D3 just wins overall though. Its got a promising story, good graphics, great gameplay, tons of character customization and depth, memorable classes... the game is just head & shoulders above the competition. As it should be, it's a $60+ AAA title from a seasoned developer, under the series name which can arguably be credited as being the originator of the modern ARPG. If it couldn't beat out a $20 budget title and a F2P game, then the dev team should be shot. In the face. With a bazooka.

    Edit: Almost forgot! One thing I discovered about TL2 which I loathe is the fact you can't combine lower tier gems into a higher tier one anymore. Of all the changes to the game, this one makes the least sense.

    Come to think of it, I wonder if Diablo 3 has completely done away with the 'horadric cube' type mechanics? I should certainly hope not, finding new recipes with that thing was always great fun (unless you looked them up, cheaters! :P).

  • VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Aori

    Originally posted by Vannor


    Originally posted by Aori


    Originally posted by ArEf

    Anyone that likes Diablo 3 over Path of Exile or Torchlight 2 is part of the Call of Duty generation, to be frank.


    Originally posted by franko79

    D3 >= PoE > Torchlight 2

    Diablo 3 - its blizzard = AAA title

    PoE - great free h&s for more demanding gamers, better with every month.

    torchlight 2 - fun little h&s, but can be boring in long term.

    Fairly obviously never played Torchlight 2.

    Actually he is spot on.. it'll be a fun little hack n slash but there is no persistance with it so it'll get boring for the majority of players.

    I Just don't understand his PoE comment of how its for more demanding gamers.. whats that mean?

    I've gotta say that, from the betas, PoE has the most randomness in maps, then Torchlight 2, then Diablo III.

    PoE the maps change completely. Torchlight 2 has different 'routes' that appear but sometimes you hit the same ones if repreating, I 'think' there are some random quests in there because not everyone found the fisher boat quest (But they might have just missed it). Diablo III seem about 80% static in level design with new dungeons/cellers/caves that crop up ocassionally, it also has random events/quests it seems.

    Will any of them get boring in the long run? No one can answer that properly yet, only PoE can be fully played and I didn't play it for too long because I'd rather wait for release.

    The map thing thus far has been one of my only complaints with D3, we'll see how the game really unfolds on the 15th though.

    Torchlight 2 also has the dungeon maps you can buy from vendors that provide infinate dungeons to do, I just found one ingame. It seems the main story maps don't respawn enemies or loot though, so I'm glad those dungeon maps are in there.

  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,543Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by just1opinion

    I used to be a huge Diablo fan, yet I can't help but think....they seem to have taken all the Diablo out of Diablo III, so....I'm still buying it, but I'm not very excited about it.  Torchlight, however, was a fave of mine too and I think T2 will be true to Torchlight, so I am looking forward to it much more than D3.  I am, however, buying both.  Path of Exile....I have no strong feelings for and will give it a pass.

    Yeah I'm really hoping for the best with D3 but I do have a bad feeling.  The few beta reviews I've read all mention how there is little open space and you literally follow a path from beginning to end.  The fact that stats and skills are automatically given to you is a big let down.  Plus being able to sell items for real money in a game like Diablo is not a good idea.

     

    “There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

  • LobotomistLobotomist ZagrebPosts: 5,063Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Vannor

    Since these are all listed as MMO on this site (I know they are not MMOs) I figure this is the place to post this.

    Excellent idea :)

    Path of Exile...

    is rough around the edges but has potential and the closer view kinda bugs me a little. There is a lack of variety in item appearance as well. The skill system however is truely unique and the passive skill grid thingy is really good, these are both fun to play around with.

    Excellent game with real old school feeling of D2. Skill system is awesome. And I am sure the game will win some hardcore audiences.

    Alas, gameplay is old fashioned. And perhaps least fun of the 3.

    Diablo III...

    is good and nicely polished but the change in skill system is a downer for me, as is not being able to have access all your skills at the same time or being able to make your character truely unique. Great voiceovers, best graphics, well established IP with a better ongoing narrative than the others.

    Its a bit of a cat in the bag. What we know is based on "blizzard can not do wrong" (but they can as we seen in Bioware+SWTOR case) and on pretty meek beta. On other hand D3 innovates the most, and dares to change all.

    Skill system that i opposed seems heaven send after second thought. No more junk builds , being able to play as you want , when you want. And skills that really mater and are unique in gameplay effect (not just same versions of other skill)

    Still unpopular choices like high price , RMAH , always on DRM, no game browser - are huge deterrent.

    I am going to play it though and here is my reasoning:

    Simply everyone is going to play it. And community will be huge. I find this important.

    Plus. I think (and this is based only on talk) that the gameplay will be the best of the 3

     

    Torchlight 2...

    seems to be the middle man and ticks all the boxes for me, it's far closer to Diablo II than Diablo III is (except being the established IP that is Diablo of course). It's not as customizable in the skills department as PoE but is more so than Diablo III. The item appearance customization is on a par with Diablo III, yet Diablo III has the better graphics and better design. The pet system is unique to Fate 1 + 2 and Torchlight 1 + 2 (same developers I believe?), it certainly has it's place in this kind of game.

    Big bag of excellent !

    It does everything D3 does + its cheap + server browser + single player + no RMAH

    Gameplay is fun - Runic really understand the genre (since they invented it)

    Only bad areas are:

    Graphic and story are real cartoony . Skill system is old school (good or bad?) and suffers from exact opposite of D3. Online mode will be hacked.

    Opposite of D3 , community will be smaller. And online play riddled with cheaters.

    For me this game could be a choice game , if it was launched before D3. And I am sure many would agree.

    Now with 60$ invested in D3 (and GW2) on horison , T2 will probably be bargain bin buy :(

     

    I've got to give it to Torchlight 2. I will be playing all of them though.

    All just my opinion of course.

     

     

    image

  • AuxiliaryAuxiliary SpijkenissePosts: 90Member

    Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Lineage Eternal are the promising ones for me.

  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO SloveniaPosts: 24Member Uncommon

    I myself cannot get past WoW/Warcraft style so TL2's choice with gfx is a showstopper.

    Now that only leaves D3 and PoE

  • VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Auxiliary

    Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Lineage Eternal are the promising ones for me.

    I didn't include any other ARPGs on the horizon because they havn't been mass beta tested yet but there certainly are a few more good looking ones to watch out for :)

  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member

    POE & D3

    Probably will check out TL2 at some point but unfortunately due to the ridiculous and unfounded hype associated with the first title I don't have a real interest in that game.

    1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

    2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

    3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Vannor

    Originally posted by Auxiliary

    Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Lineage Eternal are the promising ones for me.

    I didn't include any other ARPGs on the horizon because they havn't been mass beta tested yet but there certainly are a few more good looking ones to watch out for :)

    Lineage Eternal would have been a great prospect.. however it'll be managed by NCsoft in the west and that is not good. I have no hope for that game.

  • ArEfArEf LiverpoolPosts: 233Member

    Originally posted by Aori

    Originally posted by ArEf


    Originally posted by Aori



    Actually he is spot on.. it'll be a fun little hack n slash but there is no persistance with it so it'll get boring for the majority of players.

    I Just don't understand his PoE comment of how its for more demanding gamers.. whats that mean?

    Again, fairly obviously never played Torchlight 2. Post a picture of a character with the name "Hi ArEf" and then I'll believe you.

    Path of Exile is very oldschool and very, VERY hard.

    I don't understand what you're arguing with me for? You're just saying I never played TL2 and nothing else. Either you are upset with me because TL2 isn't fun or you're upset because you think it will have staying power for each individual.

    As for PoE being oldschool and hard.. if by not trying to fall asleep = hard then sure. The game is to slow paced for me, ARPGs are fun, exciting and countinous slaughter.

    So you're admitting you're making a judgement of the game without actually playing it? lol okay.

    No, they're not. So, you've not tried any of the games you're making judgements on? Why are you still here? Go play D3, fanboy.


    Originally posted by NitemareMMO

    I myself cannot get past WoW/Warcraft style so TL2's choice with gfx is a showstopper.

    Now that only leaves D3 and PoE

    D3 has WoW's graphics, just with a MILDLY darker tone. srsly.

    Add me on Steam!

    RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(
  • DurrayDurray NorwichPosts: 174Member Uncommon

    Lineage Eternal for me!

    Its what D3 should have been: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxenADDtB80

  • tazarconantazarconan athensPosts: 1,013Member

    Originally posted by Aori

    Originally posted by tazarconan

    From what it appears D3 and TL2 have both bit more childish approach,cartoonish graficks,characters are are uber destroying machines killign easilly everything in their way.  POE though seems to be more dark,dreadfull and mature in its approach with great emphasis and variety on character development which i value above all. Thus i voted for POE.

    These are the comments that cause problems. There is nothing childish about any of the games, they just have 3 different art styles.

    In diablo 3 there is nothing childish about blooding running out of a decapitated torso nailed to a wall. The details in the game far exceed the other too.

    TL2 runs a more casual approach to accept a wider range of audiences, it isn't childish but it isn't gore either. It is just simple fun.

    PoE.. the world is pretty good to look at visually, the lighting needs work but its decent. The character and NPC models in general are pretty lackluster and I see nothing impressive in the least.

    The whole blatant bias is ridiculous, it is the same vague defense too. D3 is childish and PoE is dark. Rarely an example or explaination.

    A typical watch of videos from both games speak for themselfs in terms of graficks and artstyle. Now dont get me wrong,im sure loads of players will enjoy both D3 and TL2. I was just expressing my personal evaluation  from what the games appear to be like and what they offer to players.

    Concerning POE after watching carefully videos news and actual beta testers reviews like this one

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html

    it seems to me that POE is closer to D1+2 even from D3 ,which were great games and i personally spended hundrends of hours playing them .

    Ah and btw ppl tend to forget something from what i ve seen. POE is supposed to be  A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players  online while D3 supports few players coop only. What are we comparing here really? Poe is a full Mmorpg + pvp in server+arenas style pvp, while D3 is single player rpg + coop with few friends +queqe for arenas.

     

  • zethcarnzethcarn Kentucky, KYPosts: 1,558Member

    My avatar says it all but I will also try Torchlight 2 at some point.

  • AlotAlot BredaPosts: 1,948Member


    Originally posted by tazarconan

    Originally posted by Aori

    Originally posted by tazarconan

    From what it appears D3 and TL2 have both bit more childish approach,cartoonish graficks,characters are are uber destroying machines killign easilly everything in their way.  POE though seems to be more dark,dreadfull and mature in its approach with great emphasis and variety on character development which i value above all. Thus i voted for POE.
    These are the comments that cause problems. There is nothing childish about any of the games, they just have 3 different art styles.
    In diablo 3 there is nothing childish about blooding running out of a decapitated torso nailed to a wall. The details in the game far exceed the other too.
    TL2 runs a more casual approach to accept a wider range of audiences, it isn't childish but it isn't gore either. It is just simple fun.
    PoE.. the world is pretty good to look at visually, the lighting needs work but its decent. The character and NPC models in general are pretty lackluster and I see nothing impressive in the least.
    The whole blatant bias is ridiculous, it is the same vague defense too. D3 is childish and PoE is dark. Rarely an example or explaination.


    A typical watch of videos from both games speak for themselfs in terms of graficks and artstyle. Now dont get me wrong,im sure loads of players will enjoy both D3 and TL2. I was just expressing my personal evaluation  from what the games appear to be like and what they offer to players.
    Concerning POE after watching carefully videos news and actual beta testers reviews like this one
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html
    it seems to me that POE is closer to D1+2 even from D3 ,which were great games and i personally spended hundrends of hours playing them .
    Ah and btw ppl tend to forget something from what i ve seen. POE is supposed to be  A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players  online while D3 supports few players coop only. What are we comparing here really? Poe is a full Mmorpg + pvp in server+arenas style pvp, while D3 is single player rpg + coop with few friends +queqe for arenas.
     

    PoE isn't an MMORPG, all PvE content is instanced.

  • IrusIrus Wichita, KSPosts: 774Member

    Originally posted by ArEf

    Path of Exile is very oldschool and very, VERY hard.

    I'm not sure what's hard with maximizing one skill and 1-2-shotting everything with it for 3 difficulties? (or fun, for that matter)

  • tazarconantazarconan athensPosts: 1,013Member

    Originally posted by Alot

     




    Originally posted by tazarconan





    Originally posted by Aori






    Originally posted by tazarconan



    From what it appears D3 and TL2 have both bit more childish approach,cartoonish graficks,characters are are uber destroying machines killign easilly everything in their way.  POE though seems to be more dark,dreadfull and mature in its approach with great emphasis and variety on character development which i value above all. Thus i voted for POE.






    These are the comments that cause problems. There is nothing childish about any of the games, they just have 3 different art styles.

    In diablo 3 there is nothing childish about blooding running out of a decapitated torso nailed to a wall. The details in the game far exceed the other too.

    TL2 runs a more casual approach to accept a wider range of audiences, it isn't childish but it isn't gore either. It is just simple fun.

    PoE.. the world is pretty good to look at visually, the lighting needs work but its decent. The character and NPC models in general are pretty lackluster and I see nothing impressive in the least.

    The whole blatant bias is ridiculous, it is the same vague defense too. D3 is childish and PoE is dark. Rarely an example or explaination.






    A typical watch of videos from both games speak for themselfs in terms of graficks and artstyle. Now dont get me wrong,im sure loads of players will enjoy both D3 and TL2. I was just expressing my personal evaluation  from what the games appear to be like and what they offer to players.

    Concerning POE after watching carefully videos news and actual beta testers reviews like this one

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html

    it seems to me that POE is closer to D1+2 even from D3 ,which were great games and i personally spended hundrends of hours playing them .

    Ah and btw ppl tend to forget something from what i ve seen. POE is supposed to be  A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players  online while D3 supports few players coop only. What are we comparing here really? Poe is a full Mmorpg + pvp in server+arenas style pvp, while D3 is single player rpg + coop with few friends +queqe for arenas.

     




     

    PoE isn't an MMORPG, all PvE content is instanced.

    You mean like aoc instanced squares? or gw1? Wait.. these 2 are mmorpg's right?

  • EmrendilEmrendil TirionPosts: 199Member

    I'll probably buy Torchlight II.

  • SilokSilok Mascouche, QCPosts: 732Member

    Originally posted by tazarconan

    Originally posted by Alot

     




    Originally posted by tazarconan






    Originally posted by Aori






    Originally posted by tazarconan



    From what it appears D3 and TL2 have both bit more childish approach,cartoonish graficks,characters are are uber destroying machines killign easilly everything in their way.  POE though seems to be more dark,dreadfull and mature in its approach with great emphasis and variety on character development which i value above all. Thus i voted for POE.






    These are the comments that cause problems. There is nothing childish about any of the games, they just have 3 different art styles.

    In diablo 3 there is nothing childish about blooding running out of a decapitated torso nailed to a wall. The details in the game far exceed the other too.

    TL2 runs a more casual approach to accept a wider range of audiences, it isn't childish but it isn't gore either. It is just simple fun.

    PoE.. the world is pretty good to look at visually, the lighting needs work but its decent. The character and NPC models in general are pretty lackluster and I see nothing impressive in the least.

    The whole blatant bias is ridiculous, it is the same vague defense too. D3 is childish and PoE is dark. Rarely an example or explaination.







    A typical watch of videos from both games speak for themselfs in terms of graficks and artstyle. Now dont get me wrong,im sure loads of players will enjoy both D3 and TL2. I was just expressing my personal evaluation  from what the games appear to be like and what they offer to players.

    Concerning POE after watching carefully videos news and actual beta testers reviews like this one

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html

    it seems to me that POE is closer to D1+2 even from D3 ,which were great games and i personally spended hundrends of hours playing them .

    Ah and btw ppl tend to forget something from what i ve seen. POE is supposed to be  A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players  online while D3 supports few players coop only. What are we comparing here really? Poe is a full Mmorpg + pvp in server+arenas style pvp, while D3 is single player rpg + coop with few friends +queqe for arenas.

     





     

    PoE isn't an MMORPG, all PvE content is instanced.

    You mean like aoc instanced squares? or gw1? Wait.. these 2 are mmorpg's right?

    AOC is heavly instanced but still you play with other people in the same instanced so this is a mmorpg, GW1 is not an mmo, you see people in town but you own the instanced to yourself and team, POE is like GW1.

  • TheonenoniTheonenoni Lexington, VAPosts: 279Member

    PoE is a no brainer.  Its free, looks ok, skill system is fun, unique character customization.

     

    D3 may have good presentation but it lacks the formula that D2 had which is what I really wanted for d3.  Skill system is rubbish, cannot make a unique char. Crafting seems fun

     

    Torchlight 2. Have not tried it yet , didnt really like Torchlight 1 because of its dungeon design. everything looked the same with small changes in skins of environment. 

    -I am here to perform logic

  • VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,970Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Theonenoni

    PoE is a no brainer.  Its free, looks ok, skill system is fun, unique character customization.

    D3 may have good presentation but it lacks the formula that D2 had which is what I really wanted for d3.  Skill system is rubbish, cannot make a unique char. Crafting seems fun

    Torchlight 2. Have not tried it yet , didnt really like Torchlight 1 because of its dungeon design. everything looked the same with small changes in skins of environment. 

    My dad feels the same as you about Torchlight 1 but loves Torchlight 2. So I wouldn't write it off without giving it a serious go first.

  • BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

    Since this weekend, I have now had a chance to play the betas of all three of these games.


    For me, by far the most important thing in an ARPG is the basic feel of the gameplay. It must feel good, if it doesn't, then nothing else matters. On this front, I found Diablo III to be easily the best, the visceral feel of the action is just fantastic. Path of Exile I'd rate second - the action feels quite good, but perhaps a little slow-moving? Torchlight 2 I liked the least - there was something about the sensitivity of the hitboxes or something that actually made it quite frustrating to play - I often found myself not quite clicking on a target and thus running towards them rather than shooting at them.


    Graphics is an interesting one, given how different the three of them are. D3 has gone for the painted look with soft-focus backgrounds; PoE has gone for the more realistic look; and TL2 has a very stylized cartoon look that in some ways reminds me a lot of Warcraft 3. I have to say, I think all three of them look very nice, in their own ways. Certainly all three have fine art direction and a strong, internally consistent style.


    As far as game mechanics go, they all have some things I don't like. I don't like the way that in D3 the only things which distinguish your character are class, level and gear - any character can respec into a precise duplicate of any other character of the same class and level. I would have stuck with some method involving finding runes and using them to unlock skills, so having access to all variations of all skills would be an achievement (like collecting all the skills in the original Guild Wars). PoE I think overcomplicates things for the sake of overcomplication. The passive skill web looks great but I didn't find it a particularly interesting or fun design - the collecting and leveling up of skill gems is a wonderful idea, though. TL2's pet is a shining light - I'd never get tired of sending my ferret back to town to sell loot. But character development seems dated with it's skill tree and attribute buying, virtually cloned from Diablo 2. It wasn't a great design then and it's certainly not a great design a decade later.


    Summing up - I have already purchased Diablo 3. I will certainly play Path of Exile at some point since it's F2P and a solid game. Torchlight 2, however, I honestly can't see myself buying.

Sign In or Register to comment.