Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My "hopeful" future online gaming trio. You?

dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

So just a simple question with a simple answer, explain if need be.  Do you have a trio, or any number for that matter, of online games you see yourself playing in the future and simply can't wait for that to happen?  I must stress that you see yourself playing these ONLINE games AT THE SAME TIME, otherwise this would be a "dur hur hur" post.  

I really never remember looking forward to playing multiple games at once as much as I do right now.  

The three games in my mix are League of Legends (current), Diablo 3 (near future), and Guild Wars 2 (further future).  League of Legends  for the nice in your face action with my RTS fix.  Diablo 3 for that quick snatch and grab loot grind with the fast paced action.  Guild Wars 2 for the much slower paced MMORPG fix that I simply couldn't live without and is one of my strongest hobbies.  

I guess another main reason why I am excited is because of the somewhat "free to play" type games these are.  Don't get my wrong, I will be spending additional money on these games, but I like the fact that I can spend money when I want to and not simply pay 15 bucks a month which kinda wares on me.  It's just kind of cool to look forward to not having to be 100% invested in a game on a regular basis to play it when I want to play it.  I really feel these models cater to this enjoyable thought.

By the way, this is NOT a discussion on the BTP, FTP, PTW, ect ect... debates that could invade EVERY topic ever.  

TLDR: What are your thoughts on your gaming future in regards to multiple ONLINE games being played?  Is this something you have already done?  Would you reccommend it?  Do you look down on it?  Do you also look forward to it?  Does the somewhat FTP model of these games help with the multiple game aspect?  

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

My wish (in that order):

Guild Wars 2

The Secret World

Mechwarrior Online

The reality:

Family and baby

Work

University

Guild Wars 2

.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

EVE Online, Combat Arms, TERA

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Diablo 3
    ???
    Planetside 2.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

The Secret World

World of Darkness

Only these two for me.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Eve is a guaranteed one, the rest depends on how well they launch,

either TSW or GW2, at the moment its hard to say for certain which i will be playing

Planetside2 .. if SOE manages to not mess up..image

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

EVE, PS2 (again if SOE doesn't mess it up) and I guess WoW with my kids (because it easy enough for them to play).

My dream game = EVE base land and space with Wurm TF/craft...Yep, that would ROCK!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

GW2, Class 4 and WoDO.

You already know about GW2.

Class 4 is a zombie MMO by Undead labs, B2P and a lot more new thinking than GW2 (the idea of both games are from Jeff Strain, the guy who also gave us Diablo, WC3 and GW). You have probably not even heard of this game yet but you willhear a lot about it pretty soon.

World of darkness online is made by CCP and the P&P producer White wolf. It is my pick for sandbox game.

• TruesqueakTruesqueak Member Posts: 8

I don't think I have a trio to be honest. Nothing really piques my interest at the moment other than Guild Wars 2 and in the far future, Embers of Caerus.

I suppose I might try out Diablo 3 aswell as I have friends pressuring me into getting it but it wouldn't be on my list if I didn't have irl friends wanting to play >.>

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

So easy.  TSW, GW2 and ArcheAge.  With possible additions of WoD, Wildstar and a few others I haven't tried yet, like Pathfinder Online or Elder Scrolls Online, but those are in the far future.  TSW, GW2 and ArcheAge are much closer.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

well just discovered Path of Exile, played the public stress test.  2 would be World of Darkness. 3 would be either Pathfinder or the Shadowbane project - if it ever works.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

1. The Repopulation. ( SandBox love all they are doing with it. But it is being made by a very small compant and thet worries be abit.)

2. Mechwarrior Online. ( From what I have seen not truley a MMO I could be wrong. That worries me abit too)

3. Planetside 2. ( Made by SOE worries me a LOT.)

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

I can see myself playing Guild Wars 2, DotA 2 and a couple of Torchlight 2 Hamachi sessions with my friends.

That being said, I may try WoD and Pathfinder online at further future to see what its look like. Will try Diablo III on some of my friends account's or starter edition sometime in future, but it certainly wont be launch-day-purchase for me (if i ever buy it, is at questioning). 

Regarding offline games, I am playing Skyrim, Might and Magic VI, VII, VIII, Wizardry 8 and recently released Legend of Grimrock while waiting for Wasteland 2. Seems that indie developers got my attention more than 'big guys' when it comes to SP games (if there are any still left to develop SP games).

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

GW2

The Repopulation

Not sure on #3.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

D3, TERA, and Archeage.  

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

EvE, Gw2, ArcheAge.

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188

Games have been less appealing recently. I'm not sure if I'm just sick of the same boring actions or if games of late have truely been the failures we make them out to be. With that said, I'm still looking forward to playing D3, Planetside 2, and I'm currently playing Super MNC (LoL/TF2 blend) to pass the time till those come out.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

I have in my MMORPG playing days played just one or none.7years playing almost 1 not playing but if I had to pick 3 it would be:

GW2,Archeage,Fallen Earth.

Most likely though I would just play Archeage when all 3 are out.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Probably the following:

Subbed: TERA (later replaced by TSW, Archeage, WoD or Darkfall2)

Lifetimer: Lotro

FTP: GW2 and/or D3

Also considering ME3 multiplayer (my son loves it)

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

The Secret World, ArcheAge and The Elder Scrolls Online.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

In no order

DAOC

Gw2

TES

Runners up if all else fails

TSW

TES* say fudge it and just stay lol*

Maybe SWTOR if they fix it and do open world PVP and add a 3rd faction

Rift*once they add the 3rd faction people have been talking about*

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Planetside 2, MechWarrior Online and The Repopulation.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Archeage

Repop

WOD

Pathfinder MMO

Kind of wish I was hopiful for a game coming out this year...

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Three days ago I would have said GW2, Tera, and TSW.

Two days ago I got and started playing Tera, and yesterday I played some TSW beta.

My three games are now GW2.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

In order

World Of Darknes.

Archeage

The Secret World.

Have high hopes also for Mechwarrior online and secret hopes that somebody will just sort it out and make a Shadowrun or Rifts mmorpg.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Loke666

GW2, Class 4 and WoDO.

You already know about GW2.

Class 4 is a zombie MMO by Undead labs, B2P and a lot more new thinking than GW2 (the idea of both games are from Jeff Strain, the guy who also gave us Diablo, WC3 and GW). You have probably not even heard of this game yet but you willhear a lot about it pretty soon.

World of darkness online is made by CCP and the P&P producer White wolf. It is my pick for sandbox game.

There an official site for Class 4? can't seem to find one.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the undead labs one instead.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.