Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your beta experience

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I gave it a solid 7 on the poll, if 7.5 would have been an option thats what I would have picked.

Overall fun game with a few shortcomings that can be improved on. I will more than likely play at release, have it preordered from amazon and will decide before now and release.

If so many other games were not coming out that I am interested in would be a definate release day game for me.

• orion2355orion2355 Member Posts: 76

I gave it 8 and it would have been a 9, except for lack of character customization(moar clothes pls!!), a little clunky combat animation, and random disconnects here and there. Overall, I'm definitely playing come launch as for me those things can be overlooked or dealt with, nothing gamebreaking for me so far. I'm really digging the creepiness, environment, ambiance of it (helps that I love horror/survival films, zombies, and post-apocalyptic type gimmicks) and the varied missions scattered about the first zone add to the overall feel. I have only really spent time in the first zone trying different skill trees and exploring, but it has that Haddonfield(Halloween) meets Antonio Bay (The Fog) kinda feel. Me likey!

---I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm simply saving you from that hideous costume you're wearing.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Thsi game could be a 7 possibly 8 with another 6 months of work on it.  Redo the animations and update the graphics. They started designing this game 5 years ago and it shows because it doesn't look like they've had a graphics update since.  Go through and wipe 3/4 of the meaningless quests and replace those with a 1/4 many well thought out intracate quests.  Then create a a task system.  

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    The results of the poll are all over the board, seems like this game might find its own fanbase for sure, but obviously its not a game for everyone.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by PieRad

I know some people are gonna be on my ass like there's no tomorrow for this...

But I enjoyed this more than GW2, (chill people - I do like GW2, and I will be playing it) the modern day horror setting is brilliant, and fits my taste so well, although there is quest of the same old same old, the setting, and the investigation missions makes me forget about it, me and some random dude i met did "Something Wicked" quest, and well, this might sound strange, but it's the best quest I've ever done, took us about 2 hours to figure out a 6 step quest, I hope there is much more quest like this one, i was yelling at my monitor "OMFG, THAT IS FUCKING SICK!"...( in a good way ) haha.

I think maybe it's because I'm getting a bit older, just stopping up and do a quest which require you to think hard for 2 hours, and not worry about being behind is nice, and I admit, that might be a flaw in me to worry about such things, but I've always been about getting forward fast, pick up 90 quests do em all in one go without reading anything about them, hand them in and do it again, and I better be 3 in front of everyone else, hehe, that's not an issue here.

I did encounter some minor bugs, I'm not gonna defend those bugs with "it's beta", because the closed beta guys should have caught it, but! there's always a but, they were minor, so not a big deal to me.

I give MY experience an 8, and look forward to playing after release.

lol, the first sentence is funny I mean who cares what others think people rely way to much on the approval of others...

I mean if you liked it that's all that matters if they don't like it they can go to HE double hockey sticks lol 8P

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by skeaser

Much, much better than I expected. I've actually really enjoyed it so far. I think TSW and GW2 will be my new MMOs.

Yeah I agree it was a lot better than I thought it would be going in. I voted it an 8 as a game, it's fun, the story intrigues, atmosphere/music are stellar. Combat was acceptable, although animations do need work. As an MMO I really don't know yet, nor do I know if it's a game I'm going to buy.

I like the game and I would be interested in pre-ordering the game if there was more clarification about the amount of content.

Content  is not lacking. You do know that the 20 or so hours in Kingsmouth town is not all of New England? There is the evil  amusement park, the native American reservation,  and I think 1 more zone. Not to mention Egypt  and Transylvania later, which probably also have several zones. Plus, they will be introducing more locales after launch .Whatever your feelings about TSW, you can't say it lacks content.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Come on a poll is this any indication of what game maybe on forum with so many different views or not even played the damn game still rate this game hehe.

I just rated it 1-3 i did not played TSW, but i rated this game becouse you ask me so i went for  lowest becouse i want people playing GW2 not TSW i real objective and open opinion ok:)

• arkoharkoh Member UncommonPosts: 24

Wher is -1?

• orion2355orion2355 Member Posts: 76

[quote]Originally posted by nationalcity
    [b][quote]
    Originally posted by PieRad
    I know some people are gonna be on my ass like there's no tomorrow for this...

But I enjoyed this more than GW2, (chill people - I do like GW2, and I will be playing it) the modern day horror setting is brilliant, and fits my taste so well, although there is quest of the same old same old, the setting, and the investigation missions makes me forget about it, me and some random dude i met did "Something Wicked" quest, and well, this might sound strange, but it's the best quest I've ever done, took us about 2 hours to figure out a 6 step quest, I hope there is much more quest like this one, i was yelling at my monitor "OMFG, THAT IS FUCKING SICK!"...( in a good way ) haha.

I think maybe it's because I'm getting a bit older, just stopping up and do a quest which require you to think hard for 2 hours, and not worry about being behind is nice, and I admit, that might be a flaw in me to worry about such things, but I've always been about getting forward fast, pick up 90 quests do em all in one go without reading anything about them, hand them in and do it again, and I better be 3 in front of everyone else, hehe, that's not an issue here.

I did encounter some minor bugs, I'm not gonna defend those bugs with "it's beta", because the closed beta guys should have caught it, but! there's always a but, they were minor, so not a big deal to me.

I give MY experience an 8, and look forward to playing after release.

100% agree. It's not going to be, or isn't, a game for everyone and everyone's tastes, but those who like it and enjoy it overall...it fits perfectly. They had me at the "f-bomb" droppin' cut sequences--I mean seriously the crap hit the fan and someone let the crazy out don't talk all nice nice about it. :D

---I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm simply saving you from that hideous costume you're wearing.

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

So far I loved it! :)

I have already preordered, and I know I will spend my time on this game

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The results of the poll are all over the board, seems like this game might find its own fanbase for sure, but obviously its not a game for everyone.

I'm noticing a lot of the same people who liked TOR are expressing positive impressions of TSW.  Seems they might be a similar niche, despite the very different setting.  Just frustrating for those of us who want something other than a story quest MMO.  

Also, just want to say I don't care much for the 1-10 rating system.  People disagree too much on what the numbers mean.  One person might see a 6 as above average, another thinks a 6 is borderline awful.  Better to use words we can all agree on like,

• loved it

• liked it

• meh

• disliked it

• hated it

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

I have played many MMOs since 1999 (starting with everquest 1)...  I have beta tested a few hundred (honestly) through-out the years.

The most recent I tested were Tera, and now TSW....  I am glad I did not buy Tera (removed it 30 minutes after testing it), and wish I could get a refund for TSW....

SWTOR kept my interest for 6 months, but got very repetitive.

World of Darkness seems to be my next hurdle to get back into MMOs again.

Back to console games for a while I think....

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

Its horrid.. From a company to make a game like AoC ( mind you im talking production value )  to go to somehting like TSW is just pathetic. Everything about this game so far Screams B Rate. It feels like im playing a cheap korean F2P pos. I am glad i didnt preorder and i wont.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Come on a poll is this any indication of what game maybe on forum with so many different views or not even played the damn game still rate this game hehe.

I just rated it 1-3 i did not played TSW, but i rated this game becouse you ask me so i went for  lowest becouse i want people playing GW2 not TSW i real objective and open opinion ok:)

and THAT my friends is the problem with forums. Guys like this ^^

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally a 7 which is a pretty good game, nothing drastically oustanding but due to some of the most retarded AI stuff ha to knock it down to a 6.  For instance it was incrediabely annoying how I would jump off a ledge to attack a mob and the retard would run around half the damn map to go to my original spot.... incredibely annoying.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I bought the lifetime sub.

I gave a 6.

Way too many game breaking bugs atm, however not as bad as AO or AoC was at this point.

Kingsmouth is fairly well polished, but once you leave the noob zone the game starts to break fast.

Hopefully they have a few more zones as polished by launch.

Couple of my personal annoyances..

1) GET RID OPF THE DAMN TIMER/RESPAWN TIMER

2) SET 1 AS THE DEFAULT WHEN SPLITTING A STACK

3) UNLOCK AGATHRA PORTALS FOR ZONES WE HAVE QUESTS IN

5)DO NOT DISCO EVERYTIME I ENCOUNTER A RARE SPAWN BOSS

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

A simple poll raring from 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). 

How would you rate your beta experience?

There's a small bit of science to creating a usefull Poll. You don't understand that science I would seem.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by Sorrow

I gave a 6.

What? Lifetime sub and a 6? I gave it a 9 and got the lifetime sub, would never have bought it if I thought it deserved a 6...

Anyway, when it comes to splitting a stack, pick up the stack by left clicking then drop off one item at a time with a right click. That should stop you from blowing a fuse during crafting. :D

Problems with disconnects? Haven't had a single one of those and am running a Core2duo from 2006 with 4gb ram, geforce 560ti and windows 7 64bit. What specs do you have

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Gave it a 6. Its a good game, but it needs a lot more work before its a game that I would pay a sub for. My biggest problem is the fact that the game feels like a wax museum with background music and plays like a SPRPG and I don't plan on playing a sub for a SPRPG anytime soon.

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

I give the game 5/10

World and environmental asthetic design is great, but everything else sucked especially the combat.

my opinion, no way this game should be released next month. If the game came out end of this year, I would consider buying it.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Not a bad Adventure, puzzle, fetch game, I was a little dissapointed I could only play on Medium settings because I have a windows xp 32 bit system, where as in tera I can play on high but even on medium the graphics were decent but not great

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Originally posted by Sorrow

I gave a 6.

What? Lifetime sub and a 6? I gave it a 9 and got the lifetime sub, would never have bought it if I thought it deserved a 6...

Anyway, when it comes to splitting a stack, pick up the stack by left clicking then drop off one item at a time with a right click. That should stop you from blowing a fuse during crafting. :D

Problems with disconnects? Haven't had a single one of those and am running a Core2duo from 2006 with 4gb ram, geforce 560ti and windows 7 64bit. What specs do you have

I7  860 @ 2.80 ghz 

12 Gigs ram

Win7 64bit

dual 260 GTX ( not in SLI ) have one card dedicated to physix

Originally posted by Kuppa

Gave it a 6. Its a good game, but it needs a lot more work before its a game that I would pay a sub for. My biggest problem is the fact that the game feels like a wax museum with background music and plays like a SPRPG and I don't plan on playing a sub for a SPRPG anytime soon.

Good way of putting it, imo AoC had better movement animations that TSW does. I feel so stiff and fake makes it hard to get immersed.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Been a big advocate for AoC and Funcome. Gave it an 8. Love the atmosphere, skill system, graphics. But the animations need work, char customization, and alot of the skills feel the same. I am hopeful. I may pick this up after it launches and go back to vanguard for a bit.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation