Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmmm.....maybe Ill buy it.

BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Hi there guys.

Ofc Ive heard alot about this game since its the most hyped game this year (so far). But I havent put much work into getting to know the game. I must admit that GW1 didnt impress me much. I played at the launch and can only talk about the first edition, but what really turned me of was the "invisible walls" in the game and the feeling of beeing lonely in an instance.

Well I would appreciate some info if you care to help me.

- When do you think the game will launch? In like 2 months or in 9 months?

- Will the beta start frequently from now if you have pre-ordered the game?

- What will be the biggest diffrence/improvment from GW1?

- Describe for me with 3 words why I should get the game and the pre-order.

Ty all folks for your answers!

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Originally posted by Blupp

Hi there guys.

Ofc Ive heard alot about this game since its the most hyped game this year (so far). But I havent put much work into getting to know the game. I must admit that GW1 didnt impress me much. I played at the launch and can only talk about the first edition, but what really turned me of was the "invisible walls" in the game and the feeling of beeing lonely in an instance.

1) Not soon enough. Anet says "When it's ready". Estimates are anywhere from late June to September depending on who you ask.

2) Define "frequently". Anet has said there will be beta weekends every month. We've yet to hear when this onth's will be; probably they are waiting to see how Monday's stress test goes.

3) You're comparing apples and motorcycles. Competely different game jsut set in the same continuity.

4) Do. Some. Research.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by terrant

4) Do. Some. Research.

I'll do it for him.

Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Everything We Know

Guild Wars 2 Wiki

Guildwars2.com

Guild Wars 2 has such a large amount of available information on the game. Youtube has thousands of videos from multiple conventions dating as far back as 2010, as well as a plethora from the recent beta events.

There's nothing anyone here can tell you that you cannot find yourself through a minimal amount of research.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

1-Everybody will say when it is ready because they really do not have a launch time, they are taking their time but i think of a late june release.

2-if you pre order just now you can participate at the stress test (7 hours) and one at the end of the month. (Once per month, weekend)

3-Well first of all, GW1 was not a MMORPG game. It was CORPG, focused on competitive pvp with coop campaign attacthed to it. GW2 is a persistent MMORPG game with huge scale of PVE content with excellent features, and have a really good game design with artistic graphics. It also have a world pvp (mists, which is seperate persistant instance that merges 3 servers every two week to fight for keeps and castles) and of course a structured pvp with balanced characters.

-Check out the mass info for uninitiated thread in the forums of gw2 of this site.

I want to give 3 facts instead of 3 words.

------

1- Best PVE content ever made

2- Excellent PVP

3- No subscription, i paid lots of useless money to trash games that i cannot go back and play without paying another 15 bucks. If you buy GW2, you can come and go as you like, you will always be welcomed, and still you get to play the best game on the market. This is a big plus.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Hi there guys.

because you can

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Ty guys so far for the answers!

How about casual gamplay? Yes I know u can spend 1h or 20h each day on whatever game. But will I be competative with playing...lets say.....3 hours each day in GW2?

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Depends on what you mean by competitive.  In PVE it doesn't matter and in structured PvP everyone has a max level fully geared character.  The Mists are the Mists and you get a level boost when you enter but your gear is your gear.  You won't roll with the big boys unless you are one yourself gear wise although gear is much less an issue than in other games.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

How about casual gamplay? Yes I know u can spend 1h or 20h each day on whatever game. But will I be competative with playing...lets say.....3 hours each day in GW2?

I should repeat my three words again. But....I'll be nice.

The short answer is yes. Gear is not a big a deal as in, say, WoW...what matters more n the competetive pvp areas (both the battle-ground like scenarios and WvWvW) is teamwork and smart usage of your abilities.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Being competitive in GW2 is more about how good of a player you are, rather than how much time you can put into grinding for gear. There is no gear treadmill. You are giving gear for Structured PvP and you can easily craft the best PvE gear in the game (stat wise).

Here's some casual gameplay. image

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Yup. There is no gear grind, game is not gear centric, even your levels are scaled to 80 when you enter PvP. I recommend the links posted earlier in this thread, look into them :)

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Actually some even call GW2 as a casual paradise :).

While some dungeons will be really hard, you can always log in and have fun with other people. There is always something to do around the world. And there is no curve for leveling, you are not forced to repeat stuff to get to max level.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Ok...one last question.image

If I preoder the game now....will they charge me right away or untill the launch?

Thanx again for the answers folks...much appreciated...I will go look at thoose links now.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

If I preoder the game now....will they charge me right away or untill the launch?

Thanx again for the answers folks...much appreciated...I will go look at thoose links now.

You're getting charged now.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

People kept on saying "they're throwing their money at the screen and nothing's happening". But ArenaNet was listening. image

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

The game will launch sometime in 2012 when anet says it is ready..

Anet has said they will try to deliver one beta weekend a month but that it is subject to change..

GW2 is an incredible full open world mmorpg with freedom of choice in how you approach the game from nearly every aspect, GW1 is an instanced mmocrpg that has instanced linear story driven PvE and is centered heavily on PvP..

Trying to compare the two is really apples and oranges but imho trying to compare GW2 to anything out there is as well..

GW2 is awesome..

Playing GW2..

• -When do you think the game will launch? In like 2 months or in 9 months?

I say end of June or July but opinion vary

I doubt it.  Anet has not operated this way in the past.  They generally restrict Beta to semi-rare week end events and do in fact use them to test.  They then have a1 or 2  preview weekends which, while not guaranteed to be the final product, are meant for marketing/letting people try the game and are not really tests.

That depends on your point of view.  But GW2 is a far more free-form world than GW1 you can change you skill load out at anytime (very very important different). GW1 PvE was quest driven GW2 is event driven.  For me GW1 always had the feeling that you had to slog through hordes of monseters to get to anyting interesting whereas GW2 is a true exploreres game due to zone construction and the event system.  Finally GW2 is very actiony in combat compared to GW1.

Attention to details.

• Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

People kept on saying "they're throwing their money at the screen and nothing's happening". But ArenaNet was listening. image

You can't pre-order.  Only pre-purchase.  There is no difference between buying no or buy later except in whether you get extra perks.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

three words, eh?

...Challenge accepted!

Players

And

Ressurect

Encounter

Can

Everyone

Others

Team

Zealously.

Pounding

Up

Large

Against

Elementals

Lounging

Larcenists.

You'll

That was fun.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Either way is possible, just go to your local Gamestop. 

If you just preorder it will be 50kr now but no beta access and just one day instead of 3 days of early access. Or you can pay 500kr and get that as well.

Don't pre-order at game (but pre-purchase works), they might close down soon.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Hi there guys.

When will the game launch?

No idea, Anet has a lot riding on the game so a bad launch isn't an option. So expect to be waiting a while on launch. 

Will the beta start frequently from now if you pre-order the game?

No, pre-order isn't what gives you access to the monthly beta so I don't see it giving you access to betas if they become more frequent. Pre-purchase on the other hand may.

What will be the biggest difference/improvement from GW1?

Well.... simply put... everything.

Descride in 3 words why I should get the game and pre-oder.

No need to

GW2 is a game that is what it is hyped to be. The game is advertised with actual game play vids, reviews are based on what is. Everything they have said will be in game is in game and it plays out like it is said to.

If you don't like what you've seen and heard about the game then there isn't anything I can say. If you haven't seen or heard much about the game then I'd advise you to watch videos, read the faq and check out the GW2 official site and read the info.

This isn't a game you should be convienced to buy by us. This is a game that will and does speak for itself. If your on the fence wait till launch, it's only going to get better and with the way things are set up waiting won't put you at a disadvantage and you won't miss out on much of anything by waiting. The only thing gained by buying now is a bit of an early access plus a bit of hands on play each month.

If you're on the fence, simply wait.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

Bro buy Guild Wars 2 you wont regret a penny out of it when I bought it I knew this game wll be epic becouse it has Guild Wars as a name,  you can thank me later. BTW check all the classes I made with pride those days where good days and today I am in Heaven when Guild Wars 2 Comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUyvd1h7s6kaz4Ldg16MsSxw&v=T5htpQm6zRQ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUyvd1h7s6kaz4Ldg16MsSxw&v=rdLTcAcmVSI&feature=player_detailpage 

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Please note that I haven't been in a beta weekend or anything yet, so my impressions are from outside information only. I'm quite interested in the other replies you will get from people in this thread.

GW2 and GW1 are largely two entirely different games. For one, GW2 is a full-scale MMO, it is not heavily instanced like GW1 is. GW2 features a large connected open world (although I heard there are some loading screens). GW2 uses a questing system unique to the genre called Dynamic Events which also cascade. Further, the combat in GW2 is also more advanced than it was in GW1 with dodging and other mechanics.

Beautiful challenging adventure.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

i was in the beta event and i gotta say they i really had fun in the game and the mechanics were simple, yet interesting. im sure you would get into it and enjoy the time you spend in there. definitely felt like a game i would enjoy playing atleast 3-6 months easily, and thats a keeper in my books :)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Hi there guys.

First question - we don't know nobody those sorry.
    Second question - we also don't know we all hope its more frequently but as it seems now ones a month and maybe some tress tests.
    Third question - Everything from no invisble walls to jump to dynamic events and so much more two totally different games. Gw2 is real MMORPG.

FUN-DYNAMIC-GORGEOUS!!!

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I think becouse it focus about community gameplay you will find that GW2 encourage team up with others naturally this means you dont need to party or get in raid group its all auromatic you just see people killing mobs or a huge boss and just join the events participate. There is no kill stealing loot stealing or any of that everybody can revive you and PVP is seperated from pve world but pvp worlds are HUGE and awesome.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111

Remember that you need pre-PURCHASE the game for enter the betas. Pre-order don't give you a chance to enter beta.