Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5/15/12 Diablo 2 day of protest!

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Do I agree with a lot of the stuff they are doing in D3? No, but that doesn't mean I'll cry about it and just not bother to play.

I'll sit here hoping they come to their senses that making everything 'idiot' proof doesn't really do much, and having games of different genres attempted to be 'mainstream' only hurts the game more then allows it to do good. An RPG with its rpg elements cut and scrapped away loses a lot of long term value and I'm hoping they see that. God, how I'd love them to realize their whole 'less choice is more choice' methodology is so flawed and stupid.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Best of lucks, but I have a feeling it'll work just as well as that Call of Duty boycott a few years ago.

You wouldn't even know..

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

So, what is a pissed off Diablo 2 fan to do?

#1 Do NOT buy Diablo 3 at launch.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#3 on 5/15/12, play massive amounts of online Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

wait..how is it diff from d2 again? its a dungeon crawler that you are sopose to "farm yur arse off" type of game

sure they may have not had as many "bots" as last title ..but this day in age bots are everywhere and in every title..if you dont belive that yur just kidding yourself..1/2 the time you wouldnt even know if its a bot or real player

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

I am in the process of upgrading my computer, and if I find that the performance is unsatisfactory, I will buy a new computer so that I can play Diablo 3.

How's that for a protest?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Praetalus

Here we wave it.  Diablo 3, the pinnacle of the Arpg genre.  With its pastel colors, gold farming bots right in the game, terrible PVP, non-random items, etc etc ect.

#2 Install Diablo 2.

#4 When someone talks about Diablo 3, give them an unfiltered piece of your mind!

It just became the most pre-ordered game in Amazon history... . You my friend are the minority.

Reallly?  There are less than 4 million people on the planet today?  Did I miss the zombie apocalypse or something?

I didn't realize how blind some fanboys are.  Yes, I know the game has already sold like 3 million copies.  It's about the principle.  Basically, they could Rebox a Hello Kitty game, put a Diablo stamp and a guy with horns in it, and people buy it.

The sad thing is, this opens the door wide open for Buy-To-Win gaming,.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• trashbugtrashbug Member Posts: 7

I won't do the protest because I didn't stop playing Diablo 2 (just dropped Stormshield last weekend btw). My D2 has never been uninstalled since summer 2000.

Don't fool yourself: Diablo 3 will sell. It will be big. But it hasn't been designed with D2 players in mind. We are out of their target audience.

So no need to be pissed :)

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

Friggin amazing to me to see posts like this. As well as some of the responses. Are some of you REALLY that butthurt about companies and such?

1. PoE is a BAD indie Arpg Diabloesque CLONE! Like watch a bad version of your favorite movie. STOP acting like it's a great game!!!

2. Pastel colors? On what PC? I see no pastel colors ever!! Stop talking through your ego

I just really don't get today's gamers. If you played D1 and D2...then the natural progression IS what D3 is!! Or you never really were a fan....PERIOD!

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by Kinchyle

Friggin amazing to me to see posts like this. As well as some of the responses. Are some of you REALLY that butthurt about companies and such?

1. PoE is a BAD indie Arpg Diabloesque CLONE! Like watch a bad version of your favorite movie. STOP acting like it's a great game!!!

2. Pastel colors? On what PC? I see no pastel colors ever!! Stop talking through your ego

I just really don't get today's gamers. If you played D1 and D2...then the natural progression IS what D3 is!! Or you never really were a fan....PERIOD!

Totally agree with most of that, i dont think PoE is a bad game tho. =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• trashbugtrashbug Member Posts: 7

The fact is that D3 dev team is not the same as D2 dev team. So the core philosophy / game design of D3 is different and the target population is different, too.

I'm looking for a gameplay that suits me, and I don't want to blindly buy a game because "Blizz made it" and "it's called D3".

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by trashbug

The fact is that D3 dev team is not the same as D2 dev team. So the core philosophy / game design of D3 is different and the target population is different, too.

I'm looking for a gameplay that suits me, and I don't want to blindly buy a game because "Blizz made it" and "it's called D3".

Then don't buy it!

It really is that simple. You don't need to comment about it on forums, or create threads to let everyone else know how you feel. Just don't buy the damned game.

Problem solved.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Kost

Then don't buy it!

It really is that simple. You don't need to comment about it on forums, or create threads to let everyone else know how you feel. Just don't buy the damned game.

Problem solved.

They comment on the forums looking for validation. However, it seems most people, myself included, can't wait to play D3. It might not be the Diablo baby jesus that some people were expecting - Hell, I myself don't know entirely what to expect. I stopped buying into biased reviews and hype a long time ago.

I have no reason to think that I won't get my money's worth. That's ultimately what it comes down to.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

Seems superficial to me. I know they aren't the same team. Still seems like Diablo to me. Not worried at all. Like others have said...why post this?

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Wow.. The amount of stupidity from the OP overrules any form of logic that was later posted. I, for one, will join this amazing protest.

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

#2 Install Diablo 2.

You are an inspiration to us all! 

Thanks for your insight.

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

#2 Install Diablo 2.

I Would LOVE to play massive ammounts of D2 online, But if you do you better be playing in a password protected Private game. with a few friends or by yourself. Because Ever since around 2006 the game became almost un playable online in "open" games... With all the Spam bots coming into a game and making Giant walls of Spam txt across the entire screen telling you to go to thier site and Buy the gear that is almost impossable to get....

Oh, incase your going to tell me "just hit the letter N to clear screen. my reply will be I should not have too ever 5 secs Just to be able to play!

im a huge Diablo fan. and love the game, And yea they have had spam problems in the past but that was only in the lobby and i could deal with that.. But around 2006 to this day it is just insane.

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by Kost

Then don't buy it!

Problem solved.

They comment on the forums looking for validation. However, it seems most people, myself included, can't wait to play D3. It might not be the Diablo baby jesus that some people were expecting - Hell, I myself don't know entirely what to expect. I stopped buying into biased reviews and hype a long time ago.

I have no reason to think that I won't get my money's worth. That's ultimately what it comes down to.

If people who post about their dislike are only seeking validation, what are only positive posters seeking?

Seriously, what is wrong with having different opinions and expressing them in a way that leads to discussion?

Is discussion not the point of these forums?  Is it just supposed to be a giant pat on the back for developers. 

Open your mind a little and realize your opinion is only more right to you as theirs is to them.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Seriously, what is wrong with having different opinions and expressing them in a way that leads to discussion?

Is discussion not the point of these forums?  Is it just supposed to be a giant pat on the back for developers. 

Open your mind a little and realize your opinion is only more right to you as theirs is to them.

Well, yes and no.

You see, these forum are dedicated to X, Y and Z games.

It is quite alright to express your opinion regarding a specific game. However, rejecting one outright does not entitle you to go on the specific forum dedicated to the game in question and start talking garbage about it.

Hell, I purchased many games that I did not ultimately like (latest in the series being TERA), but you do not see any posts from me there telling people how bad it is. Refraining from posting there is the right thing to do, I believe.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Im just going to wait for Torchlight 2 as i cant bring myself to pay 60 bucks for a game anymore.....well until GW2 :D

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Originally posted by bronecar

Well, yes and no.

It is quite alright to express your opinion regarding a specific game. However, rejecting one outright does not entitle you to go on the specific forum dedicated to the game in question and start talking garbage about it.

Hell, I purchased many games that I did not ultimately like (latest in the series being TERA), but you do not see any posts from me there telling people how bad it is. Refraining from posting there is the right thing to do, I believe.

I do not follow.  Again, all I see is someone saying only "good" posts are allowed.  Would that not be unwarranted bias?  Maybe you could clarify what you mean a little better.

If a game is bad in my opinion and someone asks for opinions on a game, I will give them my opinion on it.  If people only post what's good about the game or give it all good reviews, with bad reviews not posted, an inacurate overall review is the result.  Personally, I want honesty.  I want all opinions.  Anything less is not genuine and misleading.

If someone posts information about a game that I played that paints it in a better light than it should, why should I not post the negative truth?  Happens all the time on here.  The opposite also happens.  Someone condemns a game for something and someone speaks up to set the record straight in defense of the game.  Why would someone abstain in those situations and let false information spread?

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Originally posted by Nethermancer

Im just going to wait for Torchlight 2 as i cant bring myself to pay 60 bucks for a game anymore.....well until GW2 :D

Try Path of Exile beta! 10 bucks to get into closed beta or you can do the open beta weekends I think. I'm having a blast. It will be F2P when it's available. The money you spend on prepurchase gets refunded towards the cash shop so you don't really lose anything by paying the 10 bucks.

Looking forward to Torchlight 2, but Path of Exile... I can't believe it's not more popular right now. What a steal of a game!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Originally posted by NaughtyP

Originally posted by Nethermancer

Try Path of Exile beta! 10 bucks to get into closed beta or you can do the open beta weekends I think. I'm having a blast. It will be F2P when it's available. The money you spend on prepurchase gets refunded towards the cash shop so you don't really lose anything by paying the 10 bucks.

Looking forward to Torchlight 2, but Path of Exile... I can't believe it's not more popular right now. What a steal of a game!

$10 to get into beta applied only to Cash Shop balance

F2P

Cash Shop

That alone says leave it alone to me.  Same thing for D3.  RMAH, fees for it, and all the player problems that will come because of it tells me to not buy it.  For me personally, I do not support these type of payment methods.  I'm fine if you do, but I don't.  The only reason I don't like anyone playing them is that it increases the possibility to see more of them.  But, so be it.  Just more games I won't play or pay.

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by paroxysm

Originally posted by bronecar

Well, yes and no.

I do not follow.  Again, all I see is someone saying only "good" posts are allowed.  Would that not be unwarranted bias?  Maybe you could clarify what you mean a little better.

If a game is bad in my opinion and someone asks for opinions on a game, I will give them my opinion on it.  If people only post what's good about the game or give it all good reviews, with bad reviews not posted, an inacurate overall review is the result.  Personally, I want honesty.  I want all opinions.  Anything less is not genuine and misleading.

If someone posts information about a game that I played that paints it in a better light than it should, why should I not post the negative truth?  Happens all the time on here.  The opposite also happens.  Someone condemns a game for something and someone speaks up to set the record straight in defense of the game.  Why would someone abstain in those situations and let false information spread?

All bad or all good seem to usually be what happens here. I'm all for knowing what people think is bad, however most of the time its ridiculous. "Diablo 3 is fail because its a poor scoobydoo mystery game" hardly constitutes as an acceptable review.

If you want to be negative or positive thats fine, however back it up. Tired of the vague answers people give for defending a position. There is also the reviews that say everything the game is not but nothing on what the game is.

Not directing this at anyone in particular..

Understandable.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Boycott? Nah, I think I'll joyfully open my collector's edition when it gets here on Monday & install the game, maybe browse through the art book and check out all the other goodies.

If you've got your little misinformed heart set on protest though, go preorder Torchlight 2, or buy something from the cash shop in Path of Exile. Don't play some outdated 12 year old game, at least try something new and support a worthy developer at the same time.

Kids these days, I swear...

• supermike27supermike27 Member Posts: 24

u guys just let the troll win with all ur responses gj

• MatarosMataros Member Posts: 5

Sorry. But this is very stupid protest. If you want live in the past it your problem. Your protest is simply joke. Very sorry.