Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Diablo 3: Pretty Much the Worst of What Everyone Was Expecting

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONPosts: 1,119Member

D3 was completely dumbed down and WoW-ified. there's no point arguing otherwise.

• ClerigoClerigo MatosinhosPosts: 400Member Common

I wasnt expecting nothing out of it. The best of what Diabo had to offer was in D2... for me gameplay>graphics and the best that could be delivered in a game like this was in D2 so i was only expecting a graphic improvement...

...like Blizz did with starcraft...and managed to sold quite a bunch of that flop to many ppl, so they will do the same withh D3.

I was a big fan of WoW..played it for 4 years...still the best gaming experience i had so far, but as i grew older i also learned to look at things with a more "wiser" perspective. And, in my modest opinion, Blizz is now a money making machine and has nothing of quality to offer and no new ideas.

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLPosts: 1,449Member

Seems like another case of some self-absorbed guy being butthurt because the game wasn't tailored the way they felt it should be (a D2 clone by the looks of it). Blizzard has evolved, I think it's time for you to consider the same.

• ValuaValua LiverpoolPosts: 520Member

Seriously? Again? This is really starting to annoy me.

Don't put stupid titles like "Pretty much the worst of what everyone was expecting."

THAT IS YOUR OPINION, NOT "EVERYONES."

Just because you do not like the game doesn't mean other people won't.

I loved Diablo2 and I love Diablo3, like millions of other people do, you are in the minority, not us.

This thread makes you sould like a troll. 

If you don't like the game don't buy it, don't play it, ignore it. End of.

• DogPeeOnTreeDogPeeOnTree BurgasPosts: 92Member

I would never understand what people really espect more from diablo 3 graphics.I mean pls show example what is ur meaning of graphics in rpg game like this.I got not very good laptop and i hope i run the game on high with good fps,,thx to the so called "shit graphics".Blizard knows how to make a game to run on low end hardware.Idk wat the fuck anyone want for from the fuckin graphics reallly.All i know D3 and torchlight  2 and some diablo styled mmo forgot name ima play them.In the end we all know u wil return to D3 suck it and play it.

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    So much rage in this post. I want to directly respond to the misinformation you guys keep posting, but there's just to much of it.

"Pastels!!! Zomgwtdbbqlollerskates!!".

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Clerigo

I wasnt expecting nothing out of it. The best of what Diabo had to offer was in D2... for me gameplay>graphics and the best that could be delivered in a game like this was in D2 so i was only expecting a graphic improvement...

...like Blizz did with starcraft...and managed to sold quite a bunch of that flop to many ppl, so they will do the same withh D3.

I was a big fan of WoW..played it for 4 years...still the best gaming experience i had so far, but as i grew older i also learned to look at things with a more "wiser" perspective. And, in my modest opinion, Blizz is now a money making machine and has nothing of quality to offer and no new ideas.

Who wants to play a reskinned game of Diablo 2? If graphics aren't an issue then play diablo 2. I don't want the same game, I want a new one.

Who are you to determine what is a flop and what isn't. SC2 is one of the most sponsored and played games in the world, so much for being a flop.

Wise people don't usually have contradictions in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

Originally posted by Aori

Who wants to play a reskinned game of Diablo 2? If graphics aren't an issue then play diablo 2. I don't want the same game, I want a new one.

Who are you to determine what is a flop and what isn't. SC2 is one of the most sponsored and played games in the world, so much for being a flop.

Wise people don't usually have contradictions in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

I dont need to think, i "see" it my friend.

If you are ok by buying a new car for you and your familly, that has fresh new lines, but uses the same engine, transmission, etc of the older one..i say...good for you. Buy it and have fun...but better test if those brakes are better than the old ones...you may crash...

• ArEfArEf LiverpoolPosts: 233Member

Wise people don't usually use usually in their statements. Think on that for a bit.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(

Here's a handy reference for you guy who keepsclaiming pastels. 

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• KinchyleKinchyle Hugo, ORPosts: 309Member

If you are ok by buying a new car for you and your familly, that has fresh new lines, but uses the same engine, transmission, etc of the older one..i say...good for you. Buy it and have fun...but better test if those brakes are better than the old ones...you may crash...

Except the fact that you are wrong by so far about D3. No "reskinning". No "same engine" (where do you get your info?), no same "anything". Which is why it's called D3...not D2 and 1/2

Originally posted by dubyahite

Here's a handy reference for you OP

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

Nicely cherrypicked screenshots.

Yet in that bottom one, that witch doctor is wearing neonpink clothing.

Also, I'm not the one who was talking about pastels so I don't know why you're addressing this at me.

Add me on Steam!

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Let me help you then, you are upset that blizzard just didn't reskin diablo 2. Later you then bash blizzard for not offering you anything new. So tell me what are you looking for?

I'm also missing your point of the whole car thing, hard to compare a video game to a car and even more so in the manner you just did it. 

Originally posted by ArEf

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

Also, I'm not the one who was talking about pastels so I don't know why you're addressing this at me.

Nicely picked out (with some kinda microscope I guess) where hot pink is worn.

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLPosts: 1,449Member

Can't believe you just compared buying a 50$ video game to buying a car that should be worth tens of thousands. Come on man, that's digging deep.

Originally posted by Kinchyle

Nicely picked out (with some kinda microscope I guess) where hot pink is worn.

Or maybe because it's obvious and garish?

Add me on Steam!

Except the fact that you are wrong by so far about D3. No "reskinning". No "same engine" (where do you get your info?), no same "anything". Which is why it's called D3...not D2 and 1/2

My english is far from being any good, but i think i wrote "gameplay>graphics" and not "D2>D3". And if D3 is a whole new game, can you include all the new game features this one will have? The cash-shop? The "hit a button and join your friend in battle"? The "new" combat system? Oh...never saw that before..w8...click a mob and spam skills oh man sounds great..never seen that before...

Im not juding D3..im judging the whole franchise...what has D3 to offer of new?

Diablo was one of the best RPGs ever...D2 followed with co-op multiplayer..more of the same but with multi-player...and now D3..please enlight me.

The truth is, even now, Blizz is capitalizing its best and biggest names. Both Diablo and Starcraft were and still are loved by millions around the world. What makes you think that D3 will feel new to this people? It wont..just wont. But im sure it will sell big numbers.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Elmer, NJPosts: 1,857Member

Pastels: 

Diablo 3:

I lol'd.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by helthros

Can't believe you just compared buying a 50$ video game to buying a car that should be worth tens of thousands. Come on man, that's digging deep.

Yeah im sorry. You are right. Was only trying to make a point and maybe it was not the best example. Im not english native and the idea is in my head but have some dificulties on puting them on "paper". Sorry.

My english is far from being any good, but i think i wrote "gameplay>graphics" and not "D2>D3". And if D3 is a whole new game, can you include all the new game features this one will have? The cash-shop? The "hit a button and join your friend in battle"? The "new" combat system? Oh...never saw that before..w8...click a mob and spam skills oh man sounds great..never seen that before...

Diablo was one of the best RPGs ever...D2 followed with co-op multiplayer..more of the same but with multi-player...and now D3..please enlight me.

The truth is, even now, Blizz is capitalizing its best and biggest names. Both Diablo and Starcraft were and still are loved by millions around the world. What makes you think that D3 will feel new to this people? It wont..just wont. But im sure it will sell big numbers.

Sorry...was the car reference I replied about. It was off.

Sorry...was the car reference I replied about. It was off.

Nah its ok. Im sure D3 will be a good game. But im just craving for some new stuff. I dont know...maybe ive been gaming for far too long and i just need a change..maybe play chess or whatever...

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,667Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by fivoroth

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by Celcius

There is a reason the game is breaking pre-order sales records (and probably PC game launch records). The reason being, that the game is great in beta and people trust Blizzard. Blizzard has never made a game that did not sell really well, hell I don't remember the last one to not break sales records, so they have brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is earned, not bought. People buy Blizzard games because they trust the investment they are making to be a good one. Contrary to what some people may believe, the game will be huge.

I don't see anybody here saying it will flop.  What we are saying though... is Blizzard basically blended the world with Helloy Kitty and added a Buy to Win system, and people are OK with it.  It's a sad day for gaming.

Will the game be high quality?  Sure.  It will be of amazing quality...  the absolute best Warcraft ARPG you can imagine!  Will the game be a solid and true sequel to the Diablo series?  Not by a long shot.

Why exactly is Diablo 3 a Warcraft ARPG? I am listening. Amuse me.

#1 Existence of pre-rendered Best in Slot items.

#2 Pastel Colors.

#3 Pandaria skill tree system.

#4 Forced Online play.

#5 Existence of Bind on Pickup items.

... for starters.  The similarities don't end there, not  by a long shot.  But then, they are adding RMT auctions.  /fail

1. Lol what? Tons of random items in Diablo 3. I can't see how you can possibly talk about this.  Maybe when you hit higher levels THEN you can actually make comments like this. 

2. They are using this style in most of their games. I've looked at quite a few videos and the game does have the Diablo feeling unlike other games which shall remain unnamed. There's also a plugin which can make the game much "darker" for you.

3. No? The Pandaria tree is 1 talent every 12-18 (don't know the number) levels.

4. Who the fuck cares? Do you guys live in a cave? I mean seriously.

5. Yeah, that's a bummer but lately this ha's beem happening in the majority of RPGs.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Yep, got confused with the silly hate threads.

There's that other thread where the guy is saying that they use pastels, then it bled over here and I got confused. My apologies I'll edit the post.  

I didn't cherry pick anything btw, I just did a google image search and clicked on a random screenshot.  

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member

Refferring to the OP and his post, although he is coming off as smug and pretentious, I have to agree with him on several things.

I was excited for D3 up until they announced no single player forced connection at all times, the RMAH, and no modding, amongst other things.  I tried the beta, enjoyed it the first play through, but it was a cakewalk, waaaay too easy.  I know they said it gets harder past the first act but they should have given gamers the chance to play the first act on a harder diffculty, Diablo players love a challenge, and neglecting that challenge in the beta gave very bad impressions of the game.

I've been predicting that Torchlight 2 will be better than Diablo 3 for a long long time now, ever since the previously mentioned announcements.  Diablo 3's almost 12 year development has taken it's toll and it will be all the worse for it when it's released.  It just doesn't look as action packed and fun as Torchlight 2 is looking.

• supahero911supahero911 BucharestPosts: 1Member
    Stop argueing over a game like its a 50.000$ car. It's a game, optimezed to be fun for almost anyone.