Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2 = Diablo 3 with Diablo 2's Awesome

2»

Comments

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by CristianCeo

I after i played D3 beta ai was heavily disappointed by how shallow the game is. Last night i got into Torchlight 2 beta and i was blown away. It is all D3 should have been and more + the 20$ price tag makes it a bargain. 

THIS. MY thoughts exactly.

D3 feels like watered down casual world of warcrafty storyfest.

Path of Exile and Torchlight II will be my ARPG choices of the year.

Its quite ironic too. I can spend 20 bucks on TL II instead of 60+ on diablocraft 3 and play TL1(as a bonus from preordering TLII), TL2 and POE(which is free) AND save up around 40$ more WHILE getting a whole lot more enjoyment than from diablocraft's horribly streamlined gameplay.

At least blizzard took elements from their own game instead of someone elses

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

Good to know, OP. Thank you!

Question is, are you not going to buy Diablo 3? If not, good for you for sticking up for what you believe in to the end. If you do, no matter how long from launch, then you better pray that it sucks as horribly as you claim so you do not end up choking on all the words you might end up eating.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

These arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Now someone claims that not being able to choose your difficulty = lack of customisation. I am speechless.

Also I don't see why people compare the hardest difficulty of TL (Elite?) to Diablo's tutorial? Why not compare it to Inferno? Ooh wait...

I don't like what TL is doing. I would much rather take the tiered way of increasing the difficulty. Being able to start on the hardest difficulty kinda eliminates the gear progression that was present in the Diablo series. TL is NOTHING like Diablo 2 by the looks of it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Clubmaster22Clubmaster22 Member Posts: 279

There is just one reason someone is stating that TL 2 is even on the same level as Diablo 3 in a Diablo 3 Forum and that is pure irrational hatred towards all things Blizzard. There is no way around that, so people please move along, there is no argument here.

• MelodicMelodic Member Posts: 19

Torchlight this, torchlight that, bla, bla. I can't kill diablo there or play my mighty barbarian or shoot poison darts with my witch doctor ;) 

Torchlight can even have boobies or whatever it will not amuse me. Too many years of waiting for D]I[ - the ultimate hack&slash franchaise imo. 

May 15... come on, come on! I'm so psyched!

ps

That's what you get when you post flames about D3 in Diablo 3 forums :P

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Torchlight 2 looks like garbage.  Can't get into a hack and slash game with those kinds of cutesy graphics.  I'll be sticking with the superior D3.

That's hilarious!

The closest comparison to Torchlight 2's graphics is Diablo 3, which have an obvious inspiration from Torchlight 1.

Why don't you have a look at Path of Exile instead, which is basically Diablo 2's graphics polished to a spit shine?

Originally posted by cybersurfr

Good to know, OP. Thank you!

Question is, are you not going to buy Diablo 3? If not, good for you for sticking up for what you believe in to the end. If you do, no matter how long from launch, then you better pray that it sucks as horribly as you claim so you do not end up choking on all the words you might end up eating.

Honestly? I'm not buying it, someone's buying it for me. I'm trying to sway him to play Path of Exile or Torchlight 2, though. We'll see how that goes.

Originally posted by Melodic

Torchlight this, torchlight that, bla, bla. I can't kill diablo there or play my mighty barbarian or shoot poison darts with my witch doctor ;) 

Torchlight can even have boobies or whatever it will not amuse me. Too many years of waiting for D]I[ - the ultimate hack&slash franchaise imo. 

May 15... come on, come on! I'm so psyched!

ps

That's what you get when you post flames about D3 in Diablo 3 forums :P

No, instead you can play a berserker who you can build into the character you want instead of the character the developer wants you to play or play an outlander who kills enemies and summons swarms of shadowlings from the corpses or play him as a lone ranger or play him as a up close melee damage dealer.

Originally posted by fivoroth

These arguments are getting more and more ridiculous. Now someone claims that not being able to choose your difficulty = lack of customisation. I am speechless.

Also I don't see why people compare the hardest difficulty of TL (Elite?) to Diablo's tutorial? Why not compare it to Inferno? Ooh wait...

I don't like what TL is doing. I would much rather take the tiered way of increasing the difficulty. Being able to start on the hardest difficulty kinda eliminates the gear progression that was present in the Diablo series. TL is NOTHING like Diablo 2 by the looks of it.

Yes, it is. It's lack of being able to play the game how you want to play it.

Removing singleplayer = Removing the ability to play the game how you want to play it.

Etc etc.

Also, Torchlight 2 has that, you get to the end of the game and start a New Game + with higher level enemies. It just allows you to set your difficulty, which alters how much damage monsters do, how much gold drops and the like.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Kost

Post this in the Torchlight section then, pretty obvious you're just trying to start a flame war.

I won't ever read another postfrom the OP, mainly because of making threads like this in the D3 forum.  It's just not necessary and is only made to start a flame war.

This discussion has been closed.