Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Race will you choose?

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I always like to play the smallest race possible for pvp, so definately asura elementalist and the sylvari just look cool so I'll make a sylvari ranger or mesmer. Probably be my only 2 classes, since I tend to stick with one main and one alt.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

had my heart set on Norn going into the 1st BWE.....Untill I seen my first Asura NPC in Lion's Arch.  I'll be rolling Asura all the way now.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by orsonstfu

I am a huge fan of larger or monsterous races in MMO's but I just don't care much for the Charr personally...  So, I figured Norn would be a no-brainer.... but the Norn don't look symetrical to me because they are so huge that their own bodies clip themselves into other pieces of themselves and the same for their armor lol..

Its not bad if you pick the shortest height and smallest badyframe.  Actually look like a large Human, and it feels more warrior like but I can not wait to play an Asura now.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

Asura engineer

Sylvari necro

Charr warrior

Perhaps a Norn guardian and I don't know what I'll do for human, we'll see.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Originally posted by terrant

Originally posted by Redemp

Why does this poll and Gw2Census demonstrate that the Char will be the least played race....  hell the only reason I decided on Asura was I thought Char would be the go-to race...

I'd like to change my answer to Char please.

Three reasons:

1) The Charr are the closest hing to a "evil" race in many people's eyes, mostly because of their role in the early parts of GW1. Yes, that's stupid.

2) Charr females have no boobs. No seriously, that is probably a deciding factor. in fact...

3) The Charr are the "ugly" race. Look at WoW. The most popular races in the game are Blood Elves, Night Elves, and Draenei. Whose females are consistently referred to as the "sexy" or "pretty" ones. Trolls, Dwarves, and to a lesser extent Orcs are considered ugly, and people stay away from them.

On the 1st one you might have a point, but asura seems to be the leader and their females don't have boobs, nor do they look preety, they look like some kind of gremlins with piranah teeth, so number 2 and 3 might not hold that much water.

Asura are the "cute" or "joke" race (see WoW gnomes/goblins). Though less popular than the pretty races (sylvari in this instance), they'll fare better than the ugly (charr) one.  EDIT: I see Asura leading...maybe because the Sylvari aren't masculine enough for male players? /shrug. Be curious to see how it all rolls come launch. Maybe the leaf-hair is offputting.

And humans are the vanilla race. Boring but get the job done. Actually a little surprised they aren't more popular.

Norns don't fall into the other categories Though I suspect anyone that wants a big beefy badass type but hates being ugly will go with them.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Asura are TRUE EVIL disguise.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Can you imagine an Asura with Elixir S?

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Will roll one of each race of the five classes I like. Human likely my main tho.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Originally posted by Redemp

Why does this poll and Gw2Census demonstrate that the Char will be the least played race....  hell the only reason I decided on Asura was I thought Char would be the go-to race...

I'd like to change my answer to Char please.

Or, you know, you could play the race YOU want based on YOUR preferences?  

So many people either follow the crowd or run away from the crowd.  Ironically, these two groups tend to detest each other even though they only exist as a result of the exact same tendency: to make decisions based first and foremost on others.  

• ShoXKShoXK Member Posts: 11

I will be playing each race with a different profession since I want to experience all of the starting areas. Sure I could just come back on my main and play them all which I will still do but I wanna try out different professions as well.

My main might be human or sylvari (more likely sylvari) because of the racial abilities.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by lilHeala

Sylvari Ele as main and first alt will be Asura Engi

you need to change your sig then.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

what are my choices?

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by fascism

what are my choices?

Look at the first post...

• oafuapeoafuape Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I was thinking of being a char guardian but after seeing their character customization tools I'll choose to be a sylvari
  • EisdracheEisdrache Member UncommonPosts: 41

Charr for the win and YAY! for Tails!

Finally one game again incorporating "not so human" Char(r)s! Shame on Darkfall and WoW for epic fails on Mahirim and Worgen!

Sorry for flaming a bit, but I really enjoy seeing something except humans, elves and dwarves.

• MardermannMardermann Member Posts: 29

Norn.. hoping they will tweak their animations a bit....

• MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49

Asura ofc :)

• NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50

Norn/Sylvari Guardian & or Engineer... Perhaps warrior? Argh... Or or...

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Sylvari guardian or Charr necro.

• sapheroithsapheroith Member Posts: 116

Asura necro hiding within his 4 minions. Sounds like fun in pvp.

WOW: The Most Well Known Non-Free Non-Browser Client-Based 3D Fantasy MMORPG In Some Parts of the World.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Charr engineer for me Im thinking. Though a Sylvari Mesmer sounds amazing.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

im really shocked at how well the asura are doing.. so many had such strong feelings about them I thought for sure they would be bottom or close to it. Perhaps there are just a lot more like me who love their quirkiness and attitudes.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

I'm definitely going to make a Charr. Or two. Or three. It's a cat. With horns. How can you not play that?

I'm also interested in the Asura, but not sure about what they're actually going to look like in-game (especially in armor), and their customization options.

The humans will be played, as always.

Don't know about the rest.

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

Surprised Asura are running away with the vote. I guess a lot of people lookng forward to being happy gremlins. ;)

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

If I play a Ranger it will be Sylvari if a Necromancer than Asura.