Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol, funcom is up to their old tricks.

2»

Comments

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Originally posted by Ashen_X

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Originally posted by Ashen_X

Originally posted by Method01

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by karmath

Originally posted by Piiritus

I feel sorry for those who paid $200-300 for that preorder lifetime thing.

You just got Funcom'd, hate to say I told you so.

Like trolling much, eh? Anyway, great success here.

lol trolling? are you playing the beta weekend now? I am and its trademark funcom hillariously buggy.

Don't think we are playing the same beta. Hilariously buggy? bugs are to be expected because it is beta but nothing game breaking so far. Unlike GW2 i can atleast log in and play.

Not valid to pull the 'but it's beta' claim one month out of launch IMO.

I will just repeat what GW2 fans love to say 'it is a beta', one month or 3 months from release it is still a beta and bugs are expected but compared to GW2 and previous Funcom games like AOC, TSW is very stable and has fewer bugs. During GW2 beta i spent one whole day just trying to log in.

Since when did login issues get listed as bugs?

When did i say it is a bug? i am talking about over all beta experince.

You did by including it as part of a paragraph where bugs were the subject.

If you had listed it as a concern separate from bugs this would not be the case.

Back on topic.

I am glad to hear about the positive experience with TSW. I will not be playing it at launch, but am very much looking forward to picking it up a few months later.

I mentioned bugs and log in problems of GW2 in same paragraph but doesn't necessarily means i was talking about GW2 log in and server crahses as a bug... infact i mentioned it in the end seperate from the issue of bugs found in GW2 and AOC.

I completely understand (now) where you are coming from. I was merely attempting to explain why others might consider your point to imply that the log in issues were a bug. This is due to the nature of what a paragraph is. Without a paragraph break (or a disclaimer) both points, bugs and log in issues, are considered to be part of the same subject.

I agree with Ashen_X, by including log in issues in the same paragraph as bugs, you (Chrome1980) are inherently including log in issues as bugs. You previously specifically compared TSW's bugs (or lack thereof) to GW2's log in issues. I believe you are being disengenious by backtracking and saying that you were not comparing them both. You were.

Not only were you stating that GW2's log in issues were bugs, comparatively to TSW, but you never provided a single defence, argument, or valid reason for TSW's bugs other than by pointing the finger at GW2 fanboys.

I take issue with you Chrome1980 because I believe you were trolling, throwing GW2 in the mix. By the way, you were the one who brought up GW2, before you, no one was talking or even comparing TSW to GW2. This thread is about TSW not GW2. If you want to troll about GW2, there are plenty of threads for that.

I agree with the OP for the most part. TSW's beta reminds me a lot of AoC and SWTOR (EA/Bio). We were told not to worry, that it was just a beta and that everything would be just dandy upon release. I was very dissapointed with AoC, still am with SWTOR (EA/Bio) and once again, Funcom is up to their old tricks!

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by joocheese

I agree with Ashen_X, by including log in issues in the same paragraph as bugs, you (Chrome1980) are inherently including log in issues as bugs. You previously specifically compared TSW's bugs (or lack thereof) to GW2's log in issues. I believe you are being disengenious by backtracking and saying that you were not comparing them both. You were.

Not only were you stating that GW2's log in issues were bugs, comparatively to TSW, but you never provided a single defence, argument, or valid reason for TSW's bugs other than by pointing the finger at GW2 fanboys.

I take issue with you Chrome1980 because I believe you were trolling, throwing GW2 in the mix. By the way, you were the one who brought up GW2, before you, no one was talking or even comparing TSW to GW2. This thread is about TSW not GW2. If you want to troll about GW2, there are plenty of threads for that.

I agree with the OP for the most part. TSW's beta reminds me a lot of AoC and SWTOR (EA/Bio). We were told not to worry, that it was just a beta and that everything would be just dandy upon release. I was very dissapointed with AoC, still am with SWTOR (EA/Bio) and once again, Funcom is up to their old tricks!

I see i am trolling because i said something about your beloved GW2 that you didn't like? i was talking about over all beta experince and yes comapred to GW2 TSW was a breeze to log in and play. Like Ashen already mentioned that putting bugs and log in problems in same paragraph doesn't necessarily means that they are the same. And i already explained that. Unless you can show me specifically where i said that log in problems = bugs? if not please continue to rant, i could care less what you want to read and how you want to read.

Saying that GW2 had log in problems and server chrashes and that TSW had none of those problems is not trolling it is a fact. I am sorry if disrespect your lord GW2, that wasn't my intention. If GW2 fans can make comparisons to other games in every single post i think i don't need your permission to compare beta experince of two soon to release MMOS.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by Fraugnutz

I, personally,  have experienced very few bugs, none of which impeded my progress in game, and have crashed only two times in over 6 hours of play time. While im not a veteran beta tested, I do remember the Warhammer Online beta, and compared to THAT this is practically fine tuned. Also, I can remember during the WAR beta that people were talking about how much better that was than some of it earler prdecessors, such as WoW. As far as this player is concerned , all the Funcom hate is unwarranted  and is most likely just the knee jerk reactions of people with preconceived ideas about TSW and Funcom in general. 

I wish I had your luck, myn however is a whole nother story.  My  mouse keeps going to 1/10 of its speed after playing for 45 minutes, the games frame rate seems to drop to 1/3 of its original after 45 minutes, the graphics of the entire game pop up, like its hard to explain but if you ever hmmm, well its like the entire screen pauses for a second, then the graphics pop back up again, except there is no black screen or nothing, its weird it happens sometimes in mmos but not nearly this much.  Im trying to think of a better way to explain it, it could be cause i have my advanced settings on not turned up all the way, but its definitely what you would call a "graphical anomaly or distortion", it happens both when you move and stop, cant really put my finger on what it is yet though, Iv messed alot with the video settings nothing seems to fix it yet, ill prob figure it out tho.  Also I have to actually alt+ctrl+del out of the game at the begingin to turn off a message saying my video driver is out of date every time I run the game, lol!  No biggie!(it dosnt work the first time either, usualy takes 10 or 15 cntrl+alt+del's  :s)

Any way, even though there is alot to say about the bugs so far, I stil really love the game, Im not judging it by its cover even though its funcom.  I would still buy it.

Iv never crashed though in the 50 hours Iv played.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

GW2 is not 1 month out of launch.

You missed the part where i said beta is a beta whether a month or 3 months away from release.

Nah, I didn't, but I have heard it all before, ESPECIALLY from Funcom.

The game I see a month out in a beta, especially in a public promtional event, is the version I pretty much expect to see at launch, bar some tweaks.

I am surprised that anyone with the vaguest experience with MMOs thinks otherwise.

Comparing the dev stage of TSW with the dev stage of GW2 is ridiculous.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

GW2 is not 1 month out of launch.

You missed the part where i said beta is a beta whether a month or 3 months away from release.

Nah, I didn't, but I have heard it all before, ESPECIALLY from Funcom.

The game I see a month out in a beta, especially in a public promtional event, is the version I pretty much expect to see at launch, bar some tweaks.

I am surprised that anyone with the vaguest experience with MMOs thinks otherwise.

Comparing the dev stage of TSW with the dev stage of GW2 is ridiculous.

Then don't believe;)

I have played 50 hours of TSW beta so far and bugs have been minimum and compared to launch disasters like AO and AOC, TSW is in a very good shape. Unless Funcom intentionaly dumps bucket full of bugs in game close to release, TSW is not going to have any major launch hiccups. The lack luster animationsand character creation which has lots of options disabled are the only two things that stood out for me. No crashes, no major lag or log in problems. Its less buggy than any previous funcom MMO and the recent SWTOR combined.

The only thing i compared between GW2 and TSW was the log in process and servers stability and TSW wins easy here.

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

No gamebreaking bugs here until now, but I don't know what can happen in later stages.  Well, its Funcom...

Some issues here and there, some things that I don't appreciate, but in the overall I am enjoying the experience and keeping the pre-order. 

But I reckon that for some people a game without elves and childish toons will never be good, mostlly now that the messias is about to arrive.

• SincrestSincrest Member UncommonPosts: 20

Originally posted by Thralia

i dunno what the OP is playing but it sure isnt TSW lol.

im over 10h in and absolutely no bugs and no problems sofar at all. game runs super smooth with 60-85 fps on dx11 1080p maxxed just wonderfull .

I find it hard to believe that you are getting 60-85 fps at all times when it can drop down to 30 often on my i5 2500k at 4.5 and my gtx 680.

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163

The game is running fine for me.  A few server lag spikes here and there but no issues that are game breaking to speak of.

However, I am a gamer not a hater.  I would say that most of the people on this website don't understand that they are supposed to play games for fun.  That is a sad thing really.

• LinkofpowerLinkofpower Member UncommonPosts: 27

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

lol trolling? are you playing the beta weekend now? I am and its trademark funcom hillariously buggy.

Don't think we are playing the same beta. Hilariously buggy? bugs are to be expected because it is beta but nothing game breaking so far. Unlike GW2 i can atleast log in and play.

Not valid to pull the 'but it's beta' claim one month out of launch IMO.

Although this might be off-topic. I think this needs to be emphasized QUITE A BIT MORE than it has been. I've seen constant replies to the tone of "But it's beta!". Yea, well all of my past experience with Alphas, Betas, Open Betas, and Launch tells me NOT MUCH WILL CHANGE 1month out from release.

Unless they push TSW back by about 3-6months nothing will change pretty much. 

Even if they are using a 2month old build for open beta it still won't change much. All of the updates that'll come with the "Launch Edition" are mainly polishing content, animations, sounds, etc.

Uh, that's.. a very wrong assumption, just sayin'

Rift, first beta was the start of march, game release was the start of may; several of the classes were completely revamped, most of the end game content was finished, etc in those two months.

Your perspective is slightly off.

It's not "one month to fix everything"

it's "one month to finalize everything" -- near releast they tend to have a hundred projects coming down the pipeline, finalizing zones, balance changes,  tweaks/revamps to sets -- all 70-80% finished, in the next month the'yll finish, and implement all of them.

IT's.. common beta practice. so, yes, one month is PLENTY of time.

EDIT: I'm bothered by the lack of real sense of progression though; but that's more a design issue and a personal iirc -- I have both of the tier 1 blades skills maxed out.. and I have less hp than I started with (focusing on atk) -- the "levels" i gain for skills don't seem to be giving me any real "feeling" of leveling up, getting generally better, etc.

• EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23

This is what is wrong with todays MMORPG's community. Kids like this. I think he doesn't realize that this game is in BETA. Which is an incomplete portion of the game. Yes I know the game releases in a month, but a month is plenty of time to work out the "bugs". The game is fine for me, and I've encountered no game breaking bugs and have put in more hours than I have work this week. I work a 40 hour week fyi. 

tl;dr?

Kid get beta invite. Doesn't understand that it's called a BETA TEST - not a BETA PLAY. 

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

there's some bugs but nothing major.  missing dialogue,  and some animation glitches.  the biggest difference between the gw2 beta is,  gw2 feels more optimized.  some of the investigation missions are really well done.  if it wasnt for the combat and combat animations feeling/looking really lackluster this game would be epic.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

I'm going to have to defend his statement of your trolling. While you claim to be in beta, you offer no reason as to why its the way it is. Just openly state the normal "failcom" crap everyone else is spuing. I'd be more inclined to believe you had you backed up your statement.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Even if they are using a 2month old build for open beta it still won't change much. All of the updates that'll come with the "Launch Edition" are

mainly polishing content, animations, sounds, etc.

that's all they need to work on.  (at least in the zone i've seen)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by Tridian

I'm going to have to defend his statement of your trolling. While you claim to be in beta, you offer no reason as to why its the way it is. Just openly state the normal "failcom" crap everyone else is spuing. I'd be more inclined to believe you had you backed up your statement.

yea I haven't really had any bugs at all really.. a lot of things feel unfinished but no crashes, only got stuck once, a lot of clipping issues though, nothing really noteworthy bug wise.. would love to know what bugs you are refering too

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please use the stickied thread for Funcom discussion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.