Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera - Westernization

13»

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by JamesErnst

Originally posted by bastieno

I would say only one thing, ive read early on this thread about the sillys hobbits, halflings goblins over the the excepcionally easterna fabtasy, well its a thing of tastes, i dont like the eastern fantasy, so , Can i say that the Tera races are silly as well?, yes sure tera could have aomethings interesting like combat and atl all, but id rather the western fantasy, also i dont like the eastern aesthitic, so ill stick with thje silliness of hobbits/halflings, ogroes and goblins.

...ugh I just have to be a dick about this.. I mean we all make typos now and then, but seriously??

Thank god this guy is not doing the translation.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by JamesErnst

Originally posted by bastieno

I would say only one thing, ive read early on this thread about the sillys hobbits, halflings goblins over the the excepcionally easterna fabtasy, well its a thing of tastes, i dont like the eastern fantasy, so , Can i say that the Tera races are silly as well?, yes sure tera could have aomethings interesting like combat and atl all, but id rather the western fantasy, also i dont like the eastern aesthitic, so ill stick with thje silliness of hobbits/halflings, ogroes and goblins.

...ugh I just have to be a dick about this.. I mean we all make typos now and then, but seriously??

Since the dead post has been given life, and I'm looking at my own post, I figured I might as well comment too ^^

Well spelling is bad, at first I thought he might be korean, but then I re read his post and I got confused a little. Now I don't think he's korean because he said "I'd rather the western fantasy". I guess he means he'd prefer western fantasy over east's.

He does have a good point, it all depends on the taste. But I don't think we are discussing taste here. I was wondering why EnMass is making big fuss about Westernization. BW making SWTOR and then saying they are delivering story. And then they said that this will be the first fully voiced MMO. So that is one of SWTOR's biggie.

But EnMass focused heavily on this "Westernization", but never gave any info. I saw an interview with dev, and even he said the best I can define is "making the game fun for West" something along this line.

They haven't come out and excatly said anything about their westernization process, the info has been really dull. This is what I'm trying to get at.

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by nomss

The devs are saying they will westernize the game. What will be different from korean to West's?

I'm thinking: if the quest says collect 10 of x, we'll have to kill the x only 10 times.

Is this the only thing?

Im asuming this is a serious question because you asked.  Without gettng into a lengthly explanation of whats different about people on the other side of the global I will bullet point some of them for you.

Humor and what you find funny that someone from another culture doesnt

Voice acting

Quest content

I would hope armor types but its unlikely.  Im sure female melee combat warriors will be wearing high heels and lingerie

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by alderdale

Originally posted by nomss

The devs are saying they will westernize the game. What will be different from korean to West's?

I'm thinking: if the quest says collect 10 of x, we'll have to kill the x only 10 times.

Is this the only thing?

Im asuming this is a serious question because you asked.  Without gettng into a lengthly explanation of whats different about people on the other side of the global I will bullet point some of them for you.

Humor and what you find funny that someone from another culture doesnt

Voice acting

Quest content

I would hope armor types but its unlikely.  Im sure female melee combat warriors will be wearing high heels and lingerie

Like you said although that would not take more than a few months to realise, especially with a team as big and experiences as EN MASSE. The reason why they take so long is because the korean release version lacks enough content for the western consumer. The level cap of 60 can't be reached yet, which means there is NO endgame content yet. I fear for a delay to 2012...

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by skoupidi

Originally posted by Skeeter870

Okay.

I'll bump this thread in six months, we'll see how Tera turned out by then, right?

I dont need 6 months.Allready played the beta and was the best experience i had in any mmo so far.

Seriously if they only translate the game it will be good to go.Reached lvl 33 in 1 week with no actual grouping (group for elites and main story quests = a lot more xp than solo).

So how'd Tera turn out? :3

Still GOTY, right? Right?!

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70

Game isn't even released yet in NA where most of the issues should be fixed (content) so it will be another 6 month wait till we get the game to really know.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

westernization = dumbed down for the lowest common denominator

Why leave the game the w ay it is and just localize it? Knew it would happen with Frogster as a publisher thats why I wont touch this game unless they are getting rid of Suckster.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• MeerieBellaMeerieBella Member Posts: 28

Besides the censorship, is the game even worth playing?

Seriously if it's just cruddy controls/plot/action or generic mmo  then it's not worth the time.

Are there any players out there on other Tera Servers that can reply?

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Originally posted by DerWotan

westernization = dumbed down for the lowest common denominator

Why leave the game the w ay it is and just localize it? Knew it would happen with Frogster as a publisher thats why I wont touch this game unless they are getting rid of Suckster.

Not really, main difference between the Korean/US Aion was the grind.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

I think EnMasse is looking at the market that appreciates more challenging and community-centric and reliant massively-multiplayer content tweaks with achievements and minimizing the "ease"  as well as "grind" of game-play in some regards.

I think those things that were hinted at previously would be appreciated.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Okay.
    I'll bump this thread in six months, we'll see how Tera turned out by then, right?
    I dont need 6 months.Allready played the beta and was the best experience i had in any mmo so far.
    Seriously if they only translate the game it will be good to go.Reached lvl 33 in 1 week with no actual grouping (group for elites and main story quests = a lot more xp than solo).

Bump for this genius.

How'd Tera turnout, pumpkin?

• BeenGamingBeenGaming Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Tortanic

Okay.

Bump for this genius.

How'd Tera turnout, pumpkin?

I can answer for him probably. It turned out good enough that a lot of people enjoy it, and people who are incapable of enjoying more than 1 MMO franchise are expressing e-penis envy pretty transparently.

• MrP3inMrP3in Member UncommonPosts: 49

hehe nice one :)

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I guarantee this will be another Aion.

I warned you people over a year ago that this would be another MMO-Diarrhea fest.

But nobody ever listens.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

Please dont necro old threads.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.