Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The future is "Tera" and not about "GW2 or SW"

Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Not trolling about a title... just the game types.

What we are expecting is just what we all want to see and experience. Even when some of us dont want to say it.

- Excelent graphics

- Major excelence for the game engine

- great speed conection servers

- large community...

- no bugs (ok, those stupid walls...)

- Ok... those instanced territories are not so great. Really, on a Pk world with an instanced environment. what did u meant guys?

I think action play base for MMORPG  is for the moment the real thing. All the rest is just more of the same.

I know the questy base is a bit stupid, but is a way. Hopping for news from the eldest/eastern world, like always on this business.

I was hoping a bit of mix classes (hmm gw2, lol), but ok im "old school" and i wanted a more complicated game, but it's ok.

btw..im a 20+y gamer... just a bit respect for my opinion. ^-^

nice gaming

Edit: the SW in the title meant for "The Secret World", or you know what...

Comments

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Um... how about immersive, interesting, detailed, complex, variety, choice, innovative, explorable, but above all... fun? I guess players are not expecting this anymore?

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Originally posted by xposeidon

Um... how about immersive, interesting, detailed, complex, variety, choice, innovative, explorable, but above all... fun? I guess players are not expecting this anymore?

Yes, fun above all... it's a game. For me!

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by lordathon

Originally posted by xposeidon

Yes, fun above all... it's a game. For me!

Right on! I was worried for a bit you didn't mention it!

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

What we are expecting is just what we all want to see and experience. Even when some of us dont want to say it.

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

- Ok... those instanced territories are not so great. Really, on a Pk world with an instanced environment. what did u meant guys?

I think action play base for MMORPG  is for the moment the real thing. All the rest is just more of the same.

I know the questy base is a bit stupid, but is a way. Hopping for news from the eldest/eastern world, like always on this business.

I was hoping a bit of mix classes (hmm gw2, lol), but ok im "old school" and i wanted a more complicated game, but it's ok.

nice gaming

HELL YEAH!   lol

edit- If this is the case they may want to get more than 11 servers for NA. Oh wait half of those are low to empty, nevermind.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

Wait a month. Tera is just for a niche group of players, they have only 11 servers ans just 2 of them are heavy populated, i bought the game played till level 20, and quit i just cant play 40 more levels doing the same quest over and over and over again. The PvP content is not even ingame yet, is all about GvG and is more like a Gankfest, level 60 killing lowies. Im sry, but at least in the west the game wont be a success.

• c-trayc-tray Member Posts: 98

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

Tera is your future, you could say. However please refrain from choosing my future, my opnion varies greatly from yours.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Incorrect. The future is actually Planetside 2.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

These are the kinds of threads that turn into a shitstorm...

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Tera will be one of the last nails in the coffin of the kill-ten-rat static worlds.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by Saxx0n

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

HELL YEAH!   lol

edit- If this is the case they may want to get more than 11 servers for NA. Oh wait half of those are low to empty, nevermind.

Korean MMOs seem to put way more players on a server than Eastern MMOs.   Aion seemed like a grind fest and didn't have many servers but it is one of the most played MMOs today in the east.

IMO if they made a hit box MMO that played like god of war, NG, or DMC and had some type of end game it would own.  I'm playing Tera atm but I looking at what is going live in korea, there won't be much to keep players.  Why are MMOs releasing without an endgame.   The content after leveling should extend the game at least 5 times.   No raids? NP have random itomized loot on the bosses like diablo 2 and people will run them over and over.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by Volkon

Tera will be one of the last nails in the coffin of the kill-ten-rat static worlds.

I'd say GW2 is still the hammer that hits that nail as it is much more mainstream oriented.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by tares

Originally posted by Saxx0n

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

HELL YEAH!   lol

Korean MMOs seem to put way more players on a server than Eastern MMOs.   Aion seemed like a grind fest and didn't have many servers but it is one of the most played MMOs today in the east.

IMO if they made a hit box MMO that played like god of war, NG, or DMC and had some type of end game it would own.  I'm playing Tera atm but I looking at what is going live in korea, there won't be much to keep players.  Why are MMOs releasing without an endgame.   The content after leveling should extend the game at least 5 times.   No raids? NP have random itomized loot on the bosses like diablo 2 and people will run them over and over.

Did you mean western MMOs in your first sentence ?

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• AbdullaDooAbdullaDoo Member Posts: 60

I think TSW is sort of all over the place graphically, but at its best, when played through the DX11 client on high settings, there are locations where it looks pretty amazing IMO.   Maybe not quite TERA good -- there are some issues with vehicles, buildings, "man-made" objects being too "edgy" (as far as I understand, this is as much a texture problem as it is the models being too simple) -- but I think the difference is not really big enough for most gamers with good rigs to care, aesthetic style preferences aside.  Millions of people have played WoW for years now...it's not because of the graphics.

But yeah...I didn't know the extent to which TERA's combat had hooked me until I was playing TSW and found myself thinking "You know what would put this game over the top?  TERA's combat!"  IMO in terms of the available weapons, the way mobs act, and how the setting is presented, it's arguably more suitable to TSW than to TERA itself!

(TERA's combat might not be for you, but if you're not sure, very seriously consider giving it a try when your budget/time allows, even if just for the perspective on what it looks and feels like...because people are going to be talking about it for a long time, IMO)

I think it's a mistake to say that all games should just steal TERA's combat system from now on, but I think developers would be remiss to not consider some of its basic elements and how they could be incorporated into their own and improved upon.  

In other respects, TERA sets a standard of a sort for polish and presentation for its currently available material.  You might not like the direction they went with various aspects of the game -- I know I don't -- but when Bluehole picked a direction, it obviously cared a great deal about how it looked and felt to the player.  More games could benefit from that heart and effort IMO, instead of looking to cash in on an IP with as little work as possible.

Not having played GW2 yet, I'm not sure where it fits into all of this, but the active dodging is already, in a way, a compromise between TERA and more traditional tab-targeting combat.  It sounds like GW2's questing -- while not as dynamic as some would like -- is an attractive direction in a lot of people's minds as well.  I think it's safe to say that 2012's "Holy Trinity" of major MMOs (TERA, TSW, and GW2) each have things to offer going forward and that any movement to clone one of them is going to be far worse for players than taking the things that work well from each.

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

Originally posted by hikaru77

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

Wait a month. Tera is just for a niche group of players, they have only 11 servers ans just 2 of them are heavy populated, i bought the game played till level 20, and quit i just cant play 40 more levels doing the same quest over and over and over again. The PvP content is not even ingame yet, is all about GvG and is more like a Gankfest, level 60 killing lowies. Im sry, but at least in the west the game wont be a success.

i was in the CBT and tested to level 4, quit with uninstalled. sad.... kill x & y..aion look-alike graphic

can't bring myself to test the game further for them.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Volkon

Don't forget the static npc's that give those quest and already in hundreds of other mmo's BORING.

Played TERA for 2 hours uninstalled it.

Played GW2 for 45hours in 2.5 days and had to quit end of beta weekend in past 8 years ive never have had such a goodtime with mmo it was just awesome experience.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

TERA is actually the past. Almost 8 years ago.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

A generic MMORPG with cliche go kill/find quests and same systems as we've seen in every single other title, but with aim based combat on top? No thanks, I prefer GW2, which actually puts bit of thought into innovation and its design.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Just hit 44 lancer. Having decent enough time, but it's definitely a been there-done that game. Looks great and I agree with previous poster about how they released a stand up polished product. Easily the best "wow school" style themepark out.

Played 15 minutes of TSW and hated every moment. Just not for me I guess.

Still can't wait for GW2. Will likely unsub Tera until I burn out on WvW which will be quite awhile for sure. Hopefully by then tera has an endgame.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Sadly TERA is just too polarizing to have a lasting impact within the MMO space. There are people who enjoy it for the combat and the GvG (which may dwindle once the instanced PvP kicks in) and there are people who just can't bring themselves to enjoy it due to the monotony of the questing and the samey feeling of the levelling process (me being one of them). And quite frankly GW2 has a greater mass market appeal than any new MMORPG of the last 5 years and without that barrier to entry known as the "subscription fee" it will do much better than any of the newer MMORPGs (in both box sales & server activity).

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm not here to deny Tera any of it's greatness, I have barely started playing. The graphics are awesome, the combat system is unique (somewhat), and the world seems fun. But....I dislike the entire community. The chat is just rampant with kids and it doesn't stop! I thought WoW Xroads was bad but it is nothing compared to this game. PG13-R for language! This video I captured just off hand because I wanted to send my son some of what Tera looked like while I played it. The more I recorded, the more I wanted to NOT send him anything like this. And its not the words that are disconcerting, it's just the entire conversations are just so 13ish. It's a real disappointment because I waited 2 weeks for the game in the mail and find out the community is terrible. The community is a huge part of any mmorpg and the moderators need to take control.

I'm only level 6 right now. I'm going to try another server and hopefully it will be better or this game, with all it's beautiful graphics will go on the shelf.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

your biggest and most important problem lordathon is not your understanding of mmorpgs or their various gameplay systems, but rather... that you're a Benfica fan!

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Lol yo guys cant even beet out SWTOR on xfire. You have 1215 folks playing compared to SWTOR with its population dwindling at 2320.

I find it funny yo usay the futre is tera, and you had your initial bump, and now your numbers are lower than swtor. 

That is a good one.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

And when all is said and done, GW2 will remain as the sole survivor on the MMORPG scene, and the MMO of this decade, eventually replacing WoW.

Why?

Because it has what no other MMO has - devs who know how to do things right. Who understand what is wrong with MMO's today. And who have the courage to try to be innovative, and the will to take risks (B2P model). Nothing else matters really. Look at TESO, after the initial information, it is clear that the game is destined to fail, and I won't look at it even if they completely change the design, because their decision makers clearly have no clue about anything.

/fanboymode on

As things stand now, for me the GW2 login screen > TERA :)

/faboymode off

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

- Excelent graphics

- large community...

nice gaming

Tera is not a bad game, but if offers close to zero customization, a story that makes Wow lore feel like a masterpiece and quests of the same quality Meridian 59 had in 1996.

Graphics wise Tera is indeed a game to look up to, that it has little bugs is no mystery since it have been release in Korea 1 1/2 years. They obviously have put a lot of work into that.

But I tried both Tera and GW2 and there Tera wasn't even close.

I think Tera is a good game and will do fine, but Rift fine, not Wow fine. For the future however I believe GW2 and Class 4 will do a lot better. 

Tera does not even let you choose more than a single weapon for each class.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

OP is a big fat troll. everyone knows GW2 is the future.