Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol, funcom is up to their old tricks.

karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

I feel sorry for those who paid $200-300 for that preorder lifetime thing.

You just got Funcom'd, hate to say I told you so.

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Originally posted by karmath

Originally posted by Piiritus

Like trolling much, eh? Anyway, great success here.

lol trolling? are you playing the beta weekend now? I am and its trademark funcom hillariously buggy.

Yes I'm playing and despite some minor bugs (honestly haven't found anything game breaking) TSW exceeds my expectations. I admit that I love modern times horror theme and I may be a bit biased because of that. But so far TSW is better than I dared to hope after being in AoC in day 1 :)

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

lol trolling? are you playing the beta weekend now? I am and its trademark funcom hillariously buggy.

Don't think we are playing the same beta. Hilariously buggy? bugs are to be expected because it is beta but nothing game breaking so far. Unlike GW2 i can atleast log in and play.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Don't think we are playing the same beta. Hilariously buggy? bugs are to be expected because it is beta but nothing game breaking so far. Unlike GW2 i can atleast log in and play.

Not valid to pull the 'but it's beta' claim one month out of launch IMO.

Originally posted by Vesavius

Why not? If there are game breaking bugs then it may be worrysome but some minor problems here and there are not game breaking. Maybe there are problems in mid and high end game, we don't know. I've started several MMOs on day 1 or in early access and there have always been some problems. In SWTOR weekend betas I crashed so many times that I ditched it but when I started to play it was ok. It all depends on how seriously they take the feedback. This is the last chance for FC imo and if they fail they can as well pack their things. That's why I think they pay proper attention to what testers say.

I will just repeat what GW2 fans love to say 'it is a beta', one month or 3 months from release it is still a beta and bugs are expected but compared to GW2 and previous Funcom games like AOC, TSW is very stable and has fewer bugs. During GW2 beta i spent one whole day just trying to log in.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

Well, unlike previous launches/beta-starts from Funcom this one went really, really smooth for us here! My wife and I were able to successfully log in only 5 minutes after the announced start, created our characters and played for about 7 hours without a single disconnect. I won't bash Guild Wars 2 because I like it, too - and - it is also in beta - and - we will see how the stress test on monday will work out - but FC did the better job this time.

Lag only occured at the very starting spawn point - but there were more than 100 people in my close vicinity and about the same number at my wifes (we were put in different dimensions in that starting zone), but upon getting into less crowded areas in that zone wee had no more lag. Upon entering Solomon's Island we also ended up in the same dimension and had a very smooth gaming experience with only 2 occassions of getting stuck, which were easily resolveable (and FC even told player how to do it in their known issues thread). There were some minor visual glitches and bugs, but nothing that hindered gameplay.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

I will just repeat what GW2 fans love to say 'it is a beta', one month or 3 months from release it is still a beta and bugs are expected but compared to GW2 and previous Funcom games like AOC, TSW is very stable and has fewer bugs. During GW2 beta i spent one whole day just trying to log in.

Since when did login issues get listed as bugs?

Originally posted by Method01

When did i say it is a bug? i am talking about over all beta experince.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Although this might be off-topic. I think this needs to be emphasized QUITE A BIT MORE than it has been. I've seen constant replies to the tone of "But it's beta!". Yea, well all of my past experience with Alphas, Betas, Open Betas, and Launch tells me NOT MUCH WILL CHANGE 1month out from release.

Unless they push TSW back by about 3-6months nothing will change pretty much. 

Even if they are using a 2month old build for open beta it still won't change much. All of the updates that'll come with the "Launch Edition" are mainly polishing content, animations, sounds, etc.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• DarkwayDarkway Member UncommonPosts: 15

I'll be honest,I have been very interested in this game but the second I got news of a life time sub I backed away from the game.I feel that if a company really wants to invest time and effort into developing content then it simply can't afford to offer life time subs..........with he addition of the in-game shop,the whole launch suggests a grab as much cash as you can mentality.

I also wonder how this is going to work with SW old republic.........EA/Bioware are losing subs and I don't see how EA releasing another mmorpg is going to help SW hang on to it's existing sub base???

Originally posted by Darkway

I'll be honest,I have been very interested in this game but the second I got news of a life time sub I backed away from the game.I feel that if a company really wants to invest time and effort into developing content then it simply can't afford to offer life time subs..........with he addition of the in-game shop,the whole launch suggests a grab as much cash as you can mentality.

I also wonder how this is going to work with SW old republic.........EA/Bioware are losing subs and I don't see how EA releasing another mmorpg is going to help SW hang on to it's existing sub base???

You think EA is first publisher to release multiple MMOS? all sub based MMOS lose subs eventually but why should that stop a company from releasing multiple MMOS? if that was the case Ncsoft, Turbine etc would just stick to one MMO.

EA is a co-publisher and that's it. FC owns TSW. Although is agree that EA is a pestilence I would not worry until it buys FC or something like that. 

I will just repeat what GW2 fans love to say 'it is a beta'

GW2 is not 1 month out of launch.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

What are you talking about? I haven't had this much fun questing in a very long time. The puzzle quests are epic and unique :). Only real bug that I have encountered that sort of bugged me was getting stuck in walls, but quiting the game and coming back fixed it for me. The game runs really smooth for me performance wise, but my computer isn't really that old though.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Although this might be off-topic. I think this needs to be emphasized QUITE A BIT MORE than it has been. I've seen constant replies to the tone of "But it's beta!". Yea, well all of my past experience with Alphas, Betas, Open Betas, and Launch tells me NOT MUCH WILL CHANGE 1month out from release.

Unless they push TSW back by about 3-6months nothing will change pretty much. 

Even if they are using a 2month old build for open beta it still won't change much. All of the updates that'll come with the "Launch Edition" are mainly polishing content, animations, sounds, etc.

Indeed.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I prefer gw2, but I still think tsw is a good mmo from what I've seen so far (i need to see more than the starting area in case its Aoc and tortage again)

Bug wise I was expecting a right mess, what with it being funcom, but I was pleasantly suprised, I found 1 exploit and a couple of visual bugs but no real bugs. I was hugely suprised.

It is less buggy than the swtor beta AND the gw2 beta.

It's not as smooth as the rift beta though.

GW2 is not 1 month out of launch.

You missed the part where i said beta is a beta whether a month or 3 months away from release. So what were you expecting? no bugs in beta at all, i am not sure what are you trying to say here? beta has bugs? or you conveniently missed the part where i said that TSW has minimum bugs and nothing game breaking so far?

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

i dunno what the OP is playing but it sure isnt TSW lol.

im over 10h in and absolutely no bugs and no problems sofar at all. game runs super smooth with 60-85 fps on dx11 1080p maxxed just wonderfull .

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

You did by including it as part of a paragraph where bugs were the subject.

If you had listed it as a concern separate from bugs this would not be the case.

Back on topic.

I am glad to hear about the positive experience with TSW. I will not be playing it at launch, but am very much looking forward to picking it up a few months later.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

Originally posted by Ashen_X

If you had listed it as a concern separate from bugs this would not be the case.

Back on topic.

I am glad to hear about the positive experience with TSW. I will not be playing it at launch, but am very much looking forward to picking it up a few months later.

I mentioned bugs and log in problems of GW2 in same paragraph but doesn't necessarily means i was talking about GW2 log in and server crahses as a bug... infact i mentioned it in the end seperate from the issue of bugs found in GW2 and AOC.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Yeah the quote in the interview where the one guy said they had to detatch the top and bottom of characters so they could attack while moving- that's pretty odd.  I mean couldn't they just add animations for on the move attacking like in every other game?

Plus lots of talk about how things are just placeholders and when the game's out it'll be great.  Sounds very funcomish.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Ashen_X

Back on topic.

I mentioned bugs and log in problems of GW2 in same paragraph but doesn't necessarily means i was talking about GW2 log in and server crahses as a bug... infact i mentioned it in the end seperate from the issue of bugs found in GW2 and AOC.

I completely understand (now) where you are coming from. I was merely attempting to explain why others might consider your point to imply that the log in issues were a bug. This is due to the nature of what a paragraph is. Without a paragraph break (or a disclaimer) both points, bugs and log in issues, are considered to be part of the same subject.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

I, personally,  have experienced very few bugs, none of which impeded my progress in game, and have crashed only two times in over 6 hours of play time. While im not a veteran beta tested, I do remember the Warhammer Online beta, and compared to THAT this is practically fine tuned. Also, I can remember during the WAR beta that people were talking about how much better that was than some of it earler prdecessors, such as WoW. As far as this player is concerned , all the Funcom hate is unwarranted  and is most likely just the knee jerk reactions of people with preconceived ideas about TSW and Funcom in general. 

• DarkwayDarkway Member UncommonPosts: 15

Originally posted by Darkway

You think EA is first publisher to release multiple MMOS? all sub based MMOS lose subs eventually but why should that stop a company from releasing multiple MMOS? if that was the case Ncsoft, Turbine etc would just stick to one MMO.

The point I was trying to make was that EA has some major advertising power.........and yet it's not pushing Secret World?StarWars old Republic however is a high profile game in the eyes of the press which we all know is presently losing subs........I simply see a conflict of interest with regards to EA.

Life time sub,monthly sub,cash shop....EA.........that combo just doesn't sit right ,we have seen it all before and it never ends well.

I do love the genre,very fresh but  I'll wait for the games release and wait for people here to report on endgame content before I splash any cash.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

All I got to say is just from what the OP posted, he is completely right. That first post does such a great job saying why and all I could swear it was such a large blurr it looked like a useless hater post with absolutely 0 facts at all. 

Just so you know OP, your exactly like a fanboy who you probably hate. Throwing out 0 information or back yourself up is just the same as throwing 0 facts in praising a game. Good luck sleeping knowing your exactly like those fanboys for this game in how blind you are ripping at it. :)

This discussion has been closed.