Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corpse runs are a deal breaker

I can overlook some of the other problems with the game but theres no friggin way I'm putting up with corpse runs.

Comments

• jeppahjeppah Member Posts: 56

kids these days are so spoiled

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

good thing they are optional.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

When your set on not liking a game any reason will do.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

I can overlook some of the other problems with the game but theres no friggin way I'm putting up with corpse runs.

Its actually a Funcom staple. AO and AoC had them. As long as they didnt add you losing items/money that you can only get back by corpse retreval it isnt as bad as you may think.

And just so you know, I have no interest in this game because its Funcom, wont even look at it or think about doing so until its been released at least 10ish months, its how long they have always needed to address key issues in their games...so dont think im a fanboy defending them. You need to look at the death penalty in its entirety including any cooldowns it may have. Their other games dropped the penalty that would normally go away with a corpse run if you either got a set amount of XP from kills or via waiting a set amount of time.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Crunchy221

When your set on not liking a game any reason will do.

Yah i hate this game so much and never even gave it a chance. Thats why i preordered it! image

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I can think of a lot of reasons why I wouldnt buy the game..corpse run just doesnt make the list for me.

• DarkDemon69DarkDemon69 Member Posts: 154

What are you tslking about corpse runs? There are not any in this game Ye respawn at a point and have to run back to your quest that is not a corpse run

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by jtcgs

Its actually a Funcom staple. AO and AoC had them. As long as they didnt add you losing items/money that you can only get back by corpse retreval it isnt as bad as you may think.

And just so you know, I have no interest in this game because its Funcom, wont even look at it or think about doing so until its been released at least 10ish months, its how long they have always needed to address key issues in their games...so dont think im a fanboy defending them. You need to look at the death penalty in its entirety including any cooldowns it may have. Their other games dropped the penalty that would normally go away with a corpse run if you either got a set amount of XP from kills or via waiting a set amount of time.

AO didnt have it.  They had an insurance terminal, you appeared at it with any un insured XP lost and all your items in the bin witha  nasty debuff on you..which meant you couldnt equip your gear since gear was stat based not level locked...meaning anyone who twinked needed to pull out the set order on how they got it all equipped to begin with and summon their buffer freinds.

Then they nerfed death penalty to just the debuff and unsaved XP loss gear remained and twinks ruled the day from then on.

There was never a corpse run....but god i loved that hardcore death penalty...oh how i hated death back then....and the fact that occasionally if not paying attention i could nanomage nuke myself as the last shot (since you can target yourself and need to when using the games version of heal pots) made the rage all the more sincere.  Things were so much more interesting when they were difficult.

I remember reading somewhere about the nightmare mode while dead and being able to complete things only accessable while dead....im sure it didnt make it into the game though....would have been interesting.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Maybe it is their way to not allow death to be a form of quick travel, as it is in so many other games?

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Good point. I hate that dynamic personally. But as long as it doesn't translate to lost gear, I can tolerate it.  If it does, I'll not even bother.  Thats one of the few things I really hated about Asherons Call.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

I highly doubt TSW has real corpse runs, EQ style, where your gear and everything is on your body.

If they did, I may want to do more research on it and play it.

God forbid we have death penalties these days. No wonder why all these AAA are becoming easy-mode, guys like the OP are sitting in on the developer focus groups. Good thing I stopped playing themeparks a while ago.. I imagine theres still more they can do to furthur ruin their part of the genre.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

This game isn't even on my radar, but dismissing it out-of-hand solely for the mechanic of corpse runs seems histrionic at the very least.

Corpse runs are there to make you think about your mistakes and plan a corrective course of action. I wish GW2 was including corpse runs.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

There are no corpse runs.  There is an optional way to safely travel back to where you died from the respawn area.  I believe someone people are mistaking it for corpse runs.  You're 100% invincible during this run.  I think Rift has the same thing if you died in an instance.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Out of curiosity, what would you prefer?  

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

Ahhhh corpse runs.................takes me back to 1999................good times. Probably before the OP's time, ya know, when games were hard n you couldnt hit max level overnight. Todays gamer just doesnt have to worry about losing anything when they die, they are sissies. You tend to value your stuff a heck of a lot more when you may lose something. Take the silver WOW spoon out of your mouth, tell your sack to find your testicles, and learn to appreciate something as mildy difficult as a corpse run.

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79

You have the choice of running back to your corpse in ghost-like form or clicking on the vine thingy at the respawn point to manterialize there instead.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

This is a really easy corpse run. Could be WAY worse with all kinds of penalties. I have all kinds of other things to complain about but this isn't one of them. This is the WoW version of death penalty and I totally approve it! :P

• OtilleOtille Member Posts: 9

Yeah the corpse run is optional you can respawn at the rez camp if you want but  you take a gear hit. Also there are quests only available in corpse runs or probably clues only available in corpse runs.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Someone who started games with a bindstone. Its ok. Not everyone can play challenging games. If this corpse run is tough, might i suggest parcheesey?

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The fact that this game doesnt have a god mode cheat is a deal breaker for me.

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

Fact that the game is worse than Tabula Rasa is a deal breaker for me.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by bbbmmmlll

You have the choice of running back to your corpse in ghost-like form or clicking on the vine thingy at the respawn point to manterialize there instead.

Exactly. Corpse runs

Why not let me rez where i just died after a short timer ticks down like SWTOR? This isnt 1999 anymore. Funcom should know better

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The way Corpse runs work in this game make it accually easier since you can run unhendered back to where you died and pick right back up where you left off or you can respawn in the camp.

I hate the old school corpse runs but what TSW has it not even close.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Youre right its not 1999. We all need wussy games now or they are no fun !

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Sephros

Youre right its not 1999. We all need wussy games now or they are no fun !

image Well said sir!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...