Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So hows the PvP?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

whats the first impression on the PvP of TSW?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

there's PVP? hmm haven't found it yet

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I'm assuming seeing everyone is playing the same faction in this beta there is no PvP.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

If you press menu on the top, there is a PvP option in the dropdown list. But it seems to be impossible to queue for a PvP zone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! =(

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by askdaboss

If you press menu on the top, there is a PvP option in the dropdown list. But it seems to be impossible to queue for a PvP zone.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! =(

Ok just noticed that. Dag. That would have been the most interesting part in my opinion

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

Their is pvp but if u are not ranged u will die fast their is no closers like leap to target or charge etc.

pvp is as porly designed as the annimations and the worst ever charcter designer.

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54
    Play Team fortress or Battlefield or CoD. PvP in an MMO is just icing on the cake.

If you want to play PvP I would suggest picking up a PvP game. There are plenty on the market.

I would caution you that real PvP games take practice, talent and skill. MMORPG PvP generally involves a pointless grind to obtain gear so it doesn't really matter how badly you play. Gear and time in game makes up for your shortcomings as a gamer.

So if you have lots of time, pick a mmorpg for your PvP, but if your have even a basic understanding of gaming then go out and buy a real PvP game. If you dare.
  • BrettathorBrettathor Member UncommonPosts: 23

There is a fight club room in London and says you are flagged for PVP when in it, I am currently standing alone in the middle of the room lol.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Originally posted by HeavyTraffic

Play Team fortress or Battlefield or CoD. PvP in an MMO is just icing on the cake. If you want to play PvP I would suggest picking up a PvP game. There are plenty on the market. I would caution you that real PvP games take practice, talent and skill. MMORPG PvP generally involves a pointless grind to obtain gear so it doesn't really matter how badly you play. Gear and time in game makes up for your shortcomings as a gamer. So if you have lots of time, pick a mmorpg for your PvP, but if your have even a basic understanding of gaming then go out and buy a real PvP game. If you dare.

thank god sPvP GW2 isnt nothing like that, yes need skill but dont need any farm gear.  

i want try more time on TSW but for some reason everytime i lauch the game it take like forever to patch. (i mean is really a lot of time 30m to 1h). 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Originally posted by WarWitch

Their is pvp but if u are not ranged u will die fast their is no closers like leap to target or charge etc.

pvp is as porly designed as the annimations and the worst ever charcter designer.

Lmao this guy knows nothing. Almost lieing. I'll just say he knows nothing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

horrible

tab target is overated

the animations are worst than swtor

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by p_c_sousa

Play Team fortress or Battlefield or CoD. PvP in an MMO is just icing on the cake. If you want to play PvP I would suggest picking up a PvP game. There are plenty on the market. I would caution you that real PvP games take practice, talent and skill. MMORPG PvP generally involves a pointless grind to obtain gear so it doesn't really matter how badly you play. Gear and time in game makes up for your shortcomings as a gamer. So if you have lots of time, pick a mmorpg for your PvP, but if your have even a basic understanding of gaming then go out and buy a real PvP game. If you dare.

thank god sPvP GW2 isnt nothing like that, yes need skill but dont need any farm gear.  

i want try more time on TSW but for some reason everytime i lauch the game it take like forever to patch. (i mean is really a lot of time 30m to 1h). 

Tera pvp is better than gw2 

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by albaficass

If only this was true.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Originally posted by Themehosptal

If only this was true.

Rationally in my opinion it is true.  TERA's combat makes for way more exciting and intense pvp, but it lacks everything else such as rewards and atmosphere.  Good thing I can level up solely from WvW.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

WHich is brtter is your opinion, but if we look at facts. GW2 is based on actual acton game mechanics of other 3rd person view games like god of war or devil may cry.  Blocking and dodging are the cornerstone components of those games.  So if you like exciting defense, GW 2 is for you.  

Tera is based off of first person shooter crosshair mechanics.  Defense is rarely a mechanics in these games.  You stand there and shoot whatever comes in your crosshair.  

S

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

No.

No it is not.

I would take GW2 elementalist PvP gameplay alone over all of Tera's classes in PvP. Far more play style options in GW2, more styles = greater combat variety = more possible outcomes = more unpredictable situations = better PvP

Tera calls itself action based combat just because of a dodge button...you can dodge in GW2 as well and depending on the class dodge does far more than just move you away from the enemy.

An elementalist can leave a trail of fire to damage enemies that follow...or a trail of ice to slow them down...or...

With Tera, you see a class, you know what he can do because they have no alternate skill sets to chose from. What you see is what you get. Cookie Cutter classes = bland PvP

There isnt even a reward for doing it...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Chrisbox

If only this was true.

Rationally in my opinion it is true.  TERA's combat makes for way more exciting and intense pvp, but it lacks everything else such as rewards and atmosphere.  Good thing I can level up solely from WvW.

TERA has no PvP content except for some GvG which is completely pointless in every way on a PvP server. It's a pve game with pvp on top of it. It's combat system is a gimmick which requires no more skill than your average tab target MMORPG and more often than not it requires less. I have played TERA for months on korean servers and played every open beta weekend (didn't buy it mind you). The pacing is horrible with locking you in place when using any abilitiy and the fact that there are lock-on skills makes it even more of a joke. There is absolutely no balance whatsoever and gear and levels are the deciding factor when it comes to PvP. The whole hype about having to have skills with aiming is just the most painful thing to hear. Anybody with two arms and 10 fingers should never miss a single ability unless his opponent dodges, in which case, good on him for pressing his avoidance ability, now press your lock-on ability and attack him again.

But I can see where you're coming from. Structured PvP which is presented in GW2 requires far too much time and skill to be good at. Then combine the issue with GW2 actually having proper character costumization, no gear stats or levels to win the game for you, I can definitely see why you'd find TERA the more attractive alternative.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

If only this was true.

Tera PvP is all about ganking newbies when they first get off the island or ganking someone in the middle of killing a BAM.  FFA PvP will always bring out the douchebaggery in a person and has no place in a modern MMO. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tera pvp is rift with action combat
    Gw2 pvp is a cut down daoc, with less rivalry but slightly better combat

Gw2 wins
    Tsw could be good, I can see the ranked mini games been very gw1 with the meta game of coordinating group builds. The persistent pvp looks like a mini WvW, but the launched with too little of it imo, they need like another 2 pvp areas like fulang then you've got something interesting, still smaller than WvW, but with proper factions and real rivalry. Need to play it to tell, my guess is better pvp than tera, rift, swtor, wow type games but weaker than gw2, eve, perpetuum, war etc..
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Come on people this is ridiculous. This is not a GW2 vs Tera thread, this is a TSW thread. There are a ton of threads on GW2 vs Tera leave that conversation in those games forums.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 109

this game has pvp, but by no means is it one of those pvp centric games that hardcore pvpers will flock to. and they shouldnt. it is more or less a diversion, but it has consequences for your faction when you do them.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by jtcgs

No.

No it is not.

I would take GW2 elementalist PvP gameplay alone over all of Tera's classes in PvP. Far more play style options in GW2, more styles = greater combat variety = more possible outcomes = more unpredictable situations = better PvP

Tera calls itself action based combat just because of a dodge button...you can dodge in GW2 as well and depending on the class dodge does far more than just move you away from the enemy.

An elementalist can leave a trail of fire to damage enemies that follow...or a trail of ice to slow them down...or...

With Tera, you see a class, you know what he can do because they have no alternate skill sets to chose from. What you see is what you get. Cookie Cutter classes = bland PvP

There isnt even a reward for doing it...

I have to agree with the Tera PVP here.

While GW2 has more mini game activites...its game system is superior....Tera just has the combat mechanics and nothing else.  The combat system in Tera is so fun it makes a very meiocre game entertaining.

You put Teras combat system into TSW or GW2 and you would have an absolutly awesome game.

Also your description of elementalists leaving trails seems boring and very very situational.  Yay i get to leave a trail when someone chasing me....rather than having the mechanics to fight somone while mobil...

Anyway i wont get into WAR 2.0 and its pvp, the same people raving about its limited skills in combat in GW are ragging on the limited skills in TSW ect.  Youll see the TSW bashing die down a bit once another GW2 beta opens up and they go back to the game they are intending to play.