Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

diablo 3 sets new pre orders sales record.

124»

Comments

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Originally posted by supbro

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Any other game / developer drops PVP right before release, people would be up in arms and threatening false advertisement lawsuits. Blizzard does it, and they are geniuses. It's clear how people view Blizzard and the "games" they produce. 

LOL Blizzard fangirls are the best.

No PvP at release even after 10 years of development. Less Character custimisation, and Diablow type cartoon 1998 graphics. Its too bad the more creative old developers left, the could have made something as good as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-OV2ix_HU 

Damn that video looks good, doesn't it. I always enjoy theese animation rich combat games, but I also enjoy extremely fast paced creative skill use, so in other words, I allready started stocking up on RedBull for monday midnight  image

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

With this number of purchases, I hope their servers can handle the load

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Originally posted by drel

They won't, even with Blizzards announcement of a 40 sec delay to log in on launch day, i am sure their servers are going to get hammered and there will be at least a little downtime. Which is why i will be playing the game on the 16th.

Besides i am still working on getting to 50 in HOM on Guild Wars, so atleast i have something to do in the meanwhile.  

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by Deathspank

Originally posted by drel

They won't, even with Blizzards announcement of a 40 sec delay to log in on launch day, i am sure their servers are going to get hammered and there will be at least a little downtime. Which is why i will be playing the game on the 16th.

Besides i am still working on getting to 50 in HOM on Guild Wars, so atleast i have something to do in the meanwhile.  

Pretty ridiculous to expect server issues with a single player game.

Originally posted by expresso

Any other game / developer drops PVP right before release, people would be up in arms and threatening false advertisement lawsuits. Blizzard does it, and they are geniuses. It's clear how people view Blizzard and the "games" they produce. 

Blizz said at the start of the year pvp would not be in release and will be patched in shortly after release, loads of time peeps to cancel preorders. Let's not be silly.

Not for those who had foolishly purchased the Annual Pass. When they said you get diablo 3 with the annual pass, I guess we just kind of assumed you get the whole game, not a shell of the game with the most important/fun aspect left out.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Insane that they are the highest pre-ordered PC game ever on Amazon which doesn't even include the Annual Pass sales or any other retailers.

The game is awesome and it will retain better than most MMO's.  PvP will be added by the end of the year.  You guys love to hate, but this game is going to be so good.

Originally posted by ProfRed

Insane that they are the highest pre-ordered PC game ever on Amazon which doesn't even include the Annual Pass sales or any other retailers.

The game is awesome and it will retain better than most MMO's.  PvP will be added by the end of the year.  You guys love to hate, but this game is going to be so good.

I need to get me some of your crystal ball skills.

It maybe to you. Not to me.

I weigh the pros and cons and i am cool with it. I was fine with it playing Splinter Cell : Conviction which was a proper single player game and whose co-op was mostly broken. But i bought it for it's singleplayer and wasn't disappointed. And the always online doesn't bother me cause i am..... wait for it.... always online. 

It's the same with Diablo 3. At the end of the day i want to play the game and it is my money.

Pretty ridiculous, i know.

I need to get me some of your crystal ball skills.

Well you can be like the haters on here who just find a topic to hate on and hate away, or actual spend some time with something before jumping to conclusions or riding hate trains.

I played over 75 hours of the beta and that is just a sliver of act 1 and I still wanted more.  I know exactly how addicting this game is and will be, and I can tell you for sure that this is an unbelievable game.  If people just didn't see something on paper and immediately find a negative spin to it and actually tried things out before flexing their muscles on the internet they wouldn't be cheating themselves out of one of the best games to come out in a really long time. 

I weigh the pros and cons and i am cool with it. I was fine with it playing Splinter Cell : Conviction which was a proper single player game and whose co-op was mostly broken. But i bought it for it's singleplayer and wasn't disappointed. And the always online doesn't bother me cause i am..... wait for it.... always online. 

It's the same with Diablo 3. At the end of the day i want to play the game and it is my money.

It is an always online game.  Monsters, loot tables, dungeon generation is all server side.  Even though many will play in their own instance it is still a server run game, and it has always on always accessible immediate co-op with no loading or anything.  You just turn it on and you are playing with people.

Jimmy has no idea what he is talking about, just hating away at things he has heard.  It is the norm around here.  I expect server issues as well.  It is going to get hammered.

It is an always online game.  Monsters, loot tables, dungeon generation is all server side.  Even though many will play in their own instance it is still a server run game, and it has always on always accessible immediate co-op with no loading or anything.  You just turn it on and you are playing with people.

Jimmy has no idea what he is talking about, just hating away at things he has heard.  It is the norm around here.  I expect server issues as well.  It is going to get hammered.

Umm you said it yourself, you expect server issues in a single player game. I don't know how that proves "Jimmy has no idea what he's talking about". 

Hehehe

I was just nicely trying to tell him, the fact that he thinks it's ridiculous that i gladly accept server issues on launch, is in itself, ridiculous.

Who the hell is he to tell me what i sould expect from a game when its my decision and more importantly  my money.

Oh you think im wasting my cash? Jee thanks random anonymous dude!! i've never felt so loved!!! (/sarcasm)

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

I am very glad they did not postpone launch to implement PvP.

I will only play single player.

Sorry about you PvP guys, but I have to agree with them on this one, I believe far more ppl will spend time in the game slaying hordes of undead/demons than chasing after other players.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

So 1.2 million of those pre-orders were annual pass players (who mainly did it to get a mount and get in the MoP beta), and 800k others.

Nice marketing.

I hope students are taking notes on how it's done in the big leagues.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Dont forget the multiboxers in WOW, ive seen ALOT of those guys playing 5 accounts.

I owned 3 accounts on my name aswell, so maybe they count their battle.net accounts with unique names.

Still i dont understand why so many people keep paying for WoW at this point.

I was a great fan for 7 years.....7 long years i played wow like a lunatic.

Then each patch just turned me further and further away from WoW.

Cataclysm ruined it for me, MoP was the deathblow.

For me to game went downhill by adding all that kiddy theme stuff and the major focus on (never leave your capital city aka World of Instacraft)

Community make sure you lose interest  when you do your 1st battleground/instance as a green geared player.

The people you can get along with are becomming rare,so rare that the negative scrubs seem to make up 95% of the total WoW population.

As for Diablo 3, it was on my radar for a long time.

But after funding WoW for 7 years they dint even give me a discount...just that 1 year sub offer -_-

Blizzard made me feel bad for those 7 years i supported them :P

MoP = Fail (for me at least)

Diablo 3 = Good (not gonne buy it anymore)

Titan = ? sorry Blizzard you lost me as a fan, a loyal player.

Blizzard for me means, suck em dry while we still can.

Witch brings me back to those sales records again......

How can 10.2 mil people still play WoW -_- ?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by slickbizzle

So 1.2 million of those pre-orders were annual pass players (who mainly did it to get a mount and get in the MoP beta), and 800k others.

Nice marketing.

erm.. its 2 million who played the beta not 2 million who pre-ordered, pre-orders would have to be over 3.8 million to beat out WoW Cataclysm pre-orders, so chances are its over 4 million, take away the 1.2million annual passes (cus they some how dont count?) and you're still looking at almost 3 million pre-orders.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Nice marketing.

worth noting, a Amazon rep gave related info and *none* of Amazon's preorders are annual pass players

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/11/diablo-3-is-amazons-most-pre-ordered-pc-title-ever/

A representative for Amazon told Joystiq that Diablo 3 is Amazon's most pre-ordered PC title ever.

"Today, it became the most pre-ordered PC game of all-time on Amazon.com – even exceeding pre-orders for Blizzard's own StarCraft II and World of Warcraft: Cataclysm," the rep said.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I'm willing to bet that Cheese Whiz outsells Camembert as well.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

So GW2 should have crazy high sales numbers.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by Ausare

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

So GW2 should have crazy high sales numbers.

Don't give a shit. You might be right.