Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let the login issues begin!!!

12346»

Comments

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

it will work when u create new charackter but as soon u log out with it u cant get in again.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by telexx

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Originally posted by xmenty

Anyone else able to make it past loading a character? Mine crashes everytime to desktop after I select the character and try to load it.

^ same crashed when select the character.

You need to go to the Secret World folder and launch using the DX11 client..

It crashes on both Direct X 11 or 9. Using SLI Geforce GTX 480 (2)

you try disabling SLI? game doesn't support SLI yet anyway.. i have a 560ti sli and no issues

Thanks for the tip - trying now...

Still crashes immediately upon loading the character. It DID load once the first time, but I could tell it was really bugged out because the character was missing all clothing, and the world was not fully drawn in.

Maybe there is something wrong with that character. I will create a new one and see if it loads at least =I   What a pain hehe...

This is my issue on 2 different machines one with an nvidea video card and one with an ati. I got in the game once in the last couple hours.  This doesn't bode well. I just can't imagine this game is ready for launch.  They have to do a ton of stuff it looks like.  

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Can't even get past character creation now.....

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

I will let you all in on a little secret.

You are in beta.

• FailedFailed Member Posts: 15

I talked to an ingame GM about this "can only create new characters, cannot log in old one" issue and he told me to submit the issue to [email protected] and that everyone having this problem should do the same. So, get to it :)

Difficile est satiram non scribere

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by Thralia

it will work when u create new charackter but as soon u log out with it u cant get in again.

Yup, same here. Logged out with my first character to change something in options and couldn't log in with that char again. Created a new one and made it to Kingsmouth, did some quests, crashed, can't get back in.

Issues like that are to be expected in a stress test weekend. Right now I'm contemplating if I'm motivated enough by what I saw so far to make a third character though...

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Crashed 2 times trying to load my character I just created but I'm in now and game is running smooth.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Originally posted by xenpt

yes its good i just dont like the jump but the moving feels really good 

its like jumping in anarchy online dont you agree ? 

jumping is little akward but still better than some other MMOs

Jumping is fine. Strafing left and right is awkward. I'd certainly fall if I were to reenact it lol

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Amegashie

Originally posted by Thralia

Yup, same here. Logged out with my first character to change something in options and couldn't log in with that char again. Created a new one and made it to Kingsmouth, did some quests, crashed, can't get back in.

Issues like that are to be expected in a stress test weekend. Right now I'm contemplating if I'm motivated enough by what I saw so far to make a third character though...

Sigh, same problem here. :(

I was at the 2nd char, but as soon as you try to log into an exisiting char, it's crash all the time. Not fun. I can't test this under the circumstances at all.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• kurtbarlowkurtbarlow Member Posts: 39

Looks like noone can log in to existing character after logout or crash.

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Soandsoso

I will let you all in on a little secret.

You are in beta.

I will let you in on a little secret, the game launches early next month.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

let see how much time they will take to fix this issues.  

hope i will not find many bugs or stuff, the release next month im right? 1 month they cant change much so i expect some minor bugs but not major issues.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

I cannot login on an existing character either - it crashes.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Originally posted by kurtbarlow

I could. Logged out, patched and loged in again without any problems. Actually reading haters crying their lungs out I was impressed how smoothly TSW ran.

• telexxtelexx Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Piiritus

I could. Logged out, patched and loged in again without any problems. Actually reading haters crying their lungs out I was impressed how smoothly TSW ran.

Looks like you are in the minority though. Most people cannot log back into a character once they are out of the game. This needs a patch for a fix - and soon...

• DarkDemon69DarkDemon69 Member Posts: 154

Listen you have 10s of thousands jamming 1 single server to stress test it. The sky will not fall if improvments are made because of this. Really stop crying because you arent getting your free trial. I have no problems logging in daily to the CB, and thats  builds ahead of the Open beta

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by DarkDemon69

Listen you have 10s of thousands jamming 1 single server to stress test it. The sky will not fall if improvments are made because of this. Really stop crying because you arent getting your free trial. I have no problems logging in daily to the CB, and thats  builds ahead of the Open beta

Ahh, but WILL improvements be made from this?

That is the question that must be asked of any issue with any game made by Funcom...running on faith with them is like...well, nothing...they are the worst in the industry in fixing issues in a decent amount of time...and im talking over 10 YEARS worth of history on 2 games...so there is no actual example to give when it comes to having faith in them. No one should.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by jtcgs

Originally posted by DarkDemon69

Ahh, but WILL improvements be made from this?

That is the question that must be asked of any issue with any game made by Funcom...running on faith with them is like...well, nothing...they are the worst in the industry in fixing issues in a decent amount of time...and im talking over 10 YEARS worth of history on 2 games...so there is no actual example to give when it comes to having faith in them. No one should.

Then stop following Funcom if you have no faith in them. You sound like a jilted lover who cannot let go.

Then stop following Funcom if you have no faith in them. You sound like a jilted lover who cannot let go.

...Forums are a public place for people to speak about things...perhaps you need to be in a place where only clones exist so your eyes dont become offended by the idea that someone doesnt share your opinions.

You, are not the only person on this site. I can and will respond to any number of people here if I so chose. Perhaps you are the person that cannot let go...of the idea that a forum is not meant just for people who agree with you...the one jilted by the idea that someone doesnt find his love to be accepted by all.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by jtcgs

...Forums are a public place for people to speak about things...perhaps you need to be in a place where only clones exist so your eyes dont become offended by the idea that someone doesnt share your opinions.

You, are not the only person on this site. I can and will respond to any number of people here if I so chose. Perhaps you are the person that cannot let go...of the idea that a forum is not meant just for people who agree with you...the one jilted by the idea that someone doesnt find his love to be accepted by all.

In your own words....no one should have faith in them based on their track record.

If you believe that then why are you following them.....unless you just posted that to be cool and you will go back to that jilted lover because just maybe they will get it right this time. Which means you don't believe what you said.

And you aren't discussing anything. You are just bashing Funcom.

See you ingame...)

In your own words....no one should have faith in them based on their track record.

If you believe that then why are you following them.....unless you just posted that to be cool

Or somehow taking part in a thread filled with a BUNCH of people giving their opinions has nothing to do with "following" Funcom.

I know I know...crazy huh?

Clearly that statement which was based on the companies history, means that I cannot have said it for the benifit of people in a thread giving various opinions going back and forth about why...it can only mean I am "following" Funcom like a star crossed lover!

I am so glad you were not able to refute what was said BTW and instead chose the Glenn Beck route of using a blackboard to tie me into a vast conspiracy theory against Funcom.

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Piiritus

Looks like you are in the minority though. Most people cannot log back into a character once they are out of the game. This needs a patch for a fix - and soon...

Stop clicking on the play button and double click on the character and see if you can get back in game.

I have been getting back into game fine doing it this way, first time I tried clicking "Play" it crashed.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• CrashrollCrashroll Member UncommonPosts: 60

I have a solution! Quit having these problems and start playing...worked for me! Just thought I'd share that with you...you're welcome!

Not tonight dear...I have a haddock!