Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Beta Key Giveaway!

Comments

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

:(

Uhh... what?

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by ciid

Woot thank you got one but dowloading client at 25 Kbs ...

EDIT: OK I'm finally getting to DL it. I guess it's because I'm also DL TSW patches.

Getting a whopping 3.3 KBs here!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

It's not just you guys. I started at 400kbps and when I saw some people mention lower speeds, I checked my download. It's dipped down to 50-80kb as well. Probably just from so many people downloading nearly as the same time.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by just1opinion

One hour and the keys are all gone.  I can't help but think that some of the trolls from D3 vs. T2 threads are taking up all the keys, when I....a FAN....should have had one.  Man that just chaps my ass.  And you KNOW that's part of what happened.  They have to get in there so they can piss and moan about how much  better their precious Diablo III is.  What a laugh.

Seriously?

It has nothing to do with D3, nobody is trying to deny you TL2 out of spite for the game. It has everything to do with greedy individuals proxying onto the site with multiple accounts and taking keys so that they can sell them on trading sites or trade them for other keys that they are looking for.

Honestly, these wild theories are getting out of hand. Never underestimate the power of greed and the motivation that comes with the opportunity to make a quick easy buck at the expense of someone else. It happens on a regular basis all over the internet and this situation, and situations like it, are not exempt in that regard.

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

It's not just you guys. I started at 400kbps and when I saw some people mention lower speeds, I checked my download. It's dipped down to 50-80kb as well. Probably just from so many people downloading nearly as the same time.

Must be because I'm getting a steady 1.5 MBs from TSW beta patch. I know that's slower than a good shit but I can't help it. That's all $65 a month will get you around here!image

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• yonosoynadieyonosoynadie Member UncommonPosts: 1

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Originally posted by apv1224

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Yeah you are gonna piss a lot of people off Mr/Mrs just signed up today!

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Damn, they are out now, was too late :)

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

If anyone has an extra key, please PM me.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Kost

One hour and the keys are all gone.  I can't help but think that some of the trolls from D3 vs. T2 threads are taking up all the keys, when I....a FAN....should have had one.  Man that just chaps my ass.  And you KNOW that's part of what happened.  They have to get in there so they can piss and moan about how much  better their precious Diablo III is.  What a laugh.

Seriously?

It has nothing to do with D3, nobody is trying to deny you TL2 out of spite for the game. It has everything to do with greedy individuals proxying onto the site with multiple accounts and taking keys so that they can sell them on trading sites or trade them for other keys that they are looking for.

Honestly, these wild theories are getting out of hand. Never underestimate the power of greed and the motivation that comes with the opportunity to make a quick easy buck at the expense of someone else. It happens on a regular basis all over the internet and this situation, and situations like it, are not exempt in that regard.

Yeah, I'll go for your theory.  I think it's more probable than mine. ;)  I'm just being pissy because I wanted a key.  But I'll just have the game itself soon enough, so....no big deal.  People are really rude and greedy though.....good gawd.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• kutervkuterv Member Posts: 28

eh i am late ( 

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by bartoni33

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Whoever they are they are as entitled to a key as anybody else.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

NOOOOOOoh well

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60

All gone? I guess TSW for me again tonite. Or maybe.....Hmm.

Originally posted by Kost

Seriously?

Yeah, I'll go for your theory.  I think it's more probable than mine. ;)  I'm just being pissy because I wanted a key.  But I'll just have the game itself soon enough, so....no big deal.  People are really rude and greedy though.....good gawd.

I'm sure this isn't the only site that will have keys. Just keep looking around I'm sure you will get in sometime.

Originally posted by spookydom

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Yes you are correct. Proxy-ers (is that even a word?) and key grabbers deserve what their hard work can net them. I applaud them for what they do.

Honestly I really do.

EDIT: WOOT! It's up to 11.6 KBs now! 17 minutes left.

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Yes you are correct. Proxy-ers (is that even a word?) and key grabbers deserve what their hard work can net them. I applaud them for what they do.

Honestly I really do.

You are a little ray of sunshine today aren't you. :D

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

Got my beta invite last night, awesome game. Been having a great time with the Engineer. I purchased the first one and definitely will buy the second as well.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I took one but I don't really care about the game.

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Honestly I really do.

Honestly just kidding on the square with you. Just seemed a little suspicious to me. But he/she could have just got lucky.

I'm on vacation this week so I'm acting out a little!image

Originally posted by adam_nox

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Bummer.  missed my chance.  I think the POE stress test starts today though and D3 starts up soon so no big loss.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I think we broke their downloader.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • IntrinsicIntrinsic Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by adam_nox

I'd appreciate it if you don't want it. I purchased TL on the day of release from them direct, and i also had/played Travis' previous games FATE and Mythos so it'd be in good hands.

Many thanks!

thanks 4 the betakey ;)

Honestly I really do.

Honestly just kidding on the square with you. Just seemed a little suspicious to me. But he/she could have just got lucky.

I'm on vacation this week so I'm acting out a little!image

Hey man I'm with you! I liked to think it was somebody who is really into the game heard about the offer, made an account and stoped by to say high rather trhan the alternatives. The suns out and it's friday and I have a T2 beta key. Don't want to get myself  in a nerd rage and ruin my buzz :D Hope you have an awsome Vacation man!image