Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift is turning into a very good and stable game.

ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

I am happy to see the game has improved this much.

Comments

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Absolutely. I returned to Rift after trying it out last year, and have to say that the game has grown, gotten very stable, has a good population and is now my top dog MMO.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Indeed, RIFT is becoming a real good game.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Why? what have they done? I own a copy but didn't like the starting feeling so if it is getting better i may give it another go.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

When was Rift not stable?

I rate Rift as the most polished game ever released.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by jacklo

I agree, most polished release ever in my experience.

I left Rift once two characters hit 50 because i'm not a fan of grinding raids and dungeons. But since i've been back i've been doing the dailies solo on Ember Isle, i can't get enough of defending the Sourcewells (reminds me of the skirmishes in LOTRO) and levelling my Planer Attunement while doing the world events and taking part in zone events when they pop. I don't need to grind dungeons, there's plenty to do besides.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by Wolvards

Why? what have they done? I own a copy but didn't like the starting feeling so if it is getting better i may give it another go.

I don't know if there's much difference at level 1-49. It's the endgame that is being expanded and developed.

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309

Originally posted by jacklo

Yeah it was polished but it was also super boring.  Couldn't manage to level past like 42 before i got insanely bored with it.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

I've had a lot more fun in Rift than I ever did in WOW. I do feel that Trion has the best developers in the biz. I wish they could get their act together a bit in reagrds to heavy handed balance changes however.

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378

I see no reason to return to Rift and the OP is not giving any reason to drop the skepticism.

It takes one to know one.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I tried to like it, I really did, but the events were dull.  Only invasions were worth getting excited about.

• RollmeisterRollmeister Member Posts: 41

I enjoyed my time in Rift, glad to see it's doing well. I left because I don't enjoy raiding and gear grinding so much these days, but the devs always seemed keen to try new things and expand the game.

The only negative I felt was that the world felt very small when I played it. 

I'm 30% Rock, 10% Roll, 50% Nerd and 10% Troll.
    Axis of Awesome - Moderately Rock and Roll

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

At launch, Rift was probably the smallest, least ambitious MMORPG released in recent memory, but in retrospect, perhaps this was a good thing as it allowed Trion to put an incredible amount of polish onto what they did have, and they have since added new, unique features and a record-setting pace.

I just wish the whole game didn't feel so generic.

• freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75

Rift is probably the biggest grind ive ever done in a MMO. It was fun but it turns stale fast.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I spent an hour doing the bat puzzle in Stillmoor. I love this game very much so.

Rift

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I always hold up Trion as one of the top notch companies around.  When you look at other games that have come out this year, and you think about Rift, you got to realize they spent a little extra time to make a lot of things right before it came out.  

• buckeyebuckeye Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by freege

Rift is probably the biggest grind ive ever done in a MMO. It was fun but it turns stale fast.

Grind? Ha! You must not have played EQ.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by buckeye

I still get eye twitches thinking back to unlocking force skills in SWG.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by buckeye Originally posted by freege Rift is probably the biggest grind ive ever done in a MMO. It was fun but it turns stale fast.

For me it was Phantasy Star Online when they raised the level cap to 200. It took me months of grinding marathons to get to level 185. Only to realize that to get from 186-200 it would be twice as much xp as it took me to get from 1-185 lol.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• MeyithiMeyithi Member Posts: 48

Just a shame the skill system is broken.  Having multiple specs and roles was supposed to be liberating but is actually more restrictive.  Want to be be Cleric DPS, No, you heal!  Melee DPS? No, you tank!  Further up the raiding tiers you go the more you realise just how broken it is, you're forced to do things you don't want to do.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Meyithi

Just a shame the skill system is broken.  Having multiple specs and roles was supposed to be liberating but is actually more restrictive.  Want to be be Cleric DPS, No, you heal!  Melee DPS? No, you tank!  Further up the raiding tiers you go the more you realise just how broken it is, you're forced to do things you don't want to do.

This is precisily how I felt about this game, its like they took potentially three really good specs and broke them up into 8 lackluster ones.  So instead of having three really fun specs you have 8 boring ones.

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

Grow a pair and play the class and style that you like. "The game has many viable options" is the worst excuse for a complaint I've ever read.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Im not a fan of rift but i dont think its turning into a stable game... infact it always has been very stable from the get go.. probally one of the best MMORPG launches to date.. Sadly I am not a fan of the feel of the game..

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

System isn't broken...its the players who follow the guides like sheep that allow the min/max mentality to thrive.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by buckeye

the beautiful thing about SWG is you didn't have to do the force grind in order to make the game fun, so really its YOUR fault for grinding force skills. I never had a FS character and had plenty of good times.

in Rift everything is just a grind that leads to more grinds that you HAVE to do in order to make the game fun.