Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the smallest MMO niche group?

Comments

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Lifetime subscribers

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

PVE only sandboxers

Thats why games like Skyrim sell 13 millions copies and when TESO is announced EVERY single Video game website immediately get swamped with thousands of angry voices and Reddit has 200+ pages of angry fans.  Yea I would call that pretty niche.

Skyrim is not a Sandbox, and I speculate that most of these angry people arent MMO gamers. Meaning, they arent use to the Sub model.

Most Skyrim sells, were Console gamers not PC gamers. This adds to my point.

TESO is much different from what the tradtional console gamer excepts from a video game. this is why Console MMO are so unpopular I believe. MMO gamers and Console gamers have different view of things.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

I play both..

that must mean that i have two slightly different perspectives and thus i game in 3d.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Volkon

Smallest? Open world PvPers that don't gank.

Niche? No those are just a myth, never been a proven sighting.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Smallest niche? Easy..

Actual human players at WoW...the other 99.9% are zombies...

• dpcollier128dpcollier128 Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Clerigo

Smallest niche? Easy..

...I guess I still am a zombie, but instead of brains, I crave another GW2 BWE.

On topic: players that actually give a damn about playing well... discuss!

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

The smallest niche is you, the individual.  Every person has, at a minimum, an ever so slightly different definition of the perfect game.  That's what makes us human.  So the smallest niche group, is you, the individual.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by dpcollier128

Smallest niche? Easy..

Sorry if i offended you..was only joking...

OK back to topic: players at WoW that actually think that PvP in that game is not hardcore image

Just kidding..just kidding

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

PVE only sandboxers

I wouild go with the pvp douchebaggers who's only happiness and self worth in life seems to be trying to force everyone else into pvp or ganking them.Also the people who play mmogs and think  game companies should force other players to group with them non stop its like being put in a room with the nerdiest kids in school and being forced to talk and be friends with them.

• dpcollier128dpcollier128 Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by dpcollier128

Smallest niche? Easy..

Sorry if i offended you..was only joking...

OK back to topic: players at WoW that actually think that PvP in that game is not hardcore image

Just kidding..just kidding

Eh... not offended. Just very, very bored; both inside and outside WoW. :) Good thing I quite that game...

• lawkhryslawkhrys Member Posts: 2

Here's the newest game developed by LEKOOL..try out is a realy great game

Important links:

Video Link:

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

PVP

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

MUDs seem pretty niche, but I still love and play them every once in a while for extended stretches.

I don't know if people consider them MMORPGs. The worlds seem massive, they are multiplayer, they are online and they are RPGs. For me personally, I think of MUDs as MMORPGs.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by MMOExposed

PVE only sandboxers

Thats why games like Skyrim sell 13 millions copies and when TESO is announced EVERY single Video game website immediately get swamped with thousands of angry voices and Reddit has 200+ pages of angry fans.  Yea I would call that pretty niche.

Skyrim is not a Sandbox, and I speculate that most of these angry people arent MMO gamers. Meaning, they arent use to the Sub model.

Most Skyrim sells, were Console gamers not PC gamers. This adds to my point.

TESO is much different from what the tradtional console gamer excepts from a video game. this is why Console MMO are so unpopular I believe. MMO gamers and Console gamers have different view of things.

Skyrim is a sandbox.  Sandbox means freedom to go where you want when you want.  I dont have to follow the questlines in Skyrim hence it is a sandbox.  If it was a Themepark I would be forced to follow along a path set up by the developers hence the name Themepark.  No other defintions existm the definition is based on Linearity and nothing else period. 

I might have to change my vote now however, the smallest niche are people who use narrow definitions to define their own preconceived notions.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

ERP's

Erotic Roleplayers, the people you occasionally find nude in some obscure zone spamming /hug emotes.

• descrethdescreth Member Posts: 21

Path of Exile players.

That game is almost unheard of by most people. 

If anything I'd say the playerbase is the developer's family/friends that play it.

Overall it's a pretty terrible game too, wouldn't reccomend it.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by karmath

ERP's

Erotic Roleplayers, the people you occasionally find nude in some obscure zone spamming /hug emotes.

Now that is just creepy, disturbing and sick.  Serious mental patients there.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

StarQuest Online There are about 6 active players. Which makes me sad because it is the most in depth MMO with total freedom.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

What is the smallest MMO niche group?

Happy role playing gamer.

Let's internet

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by karmath

ERP's

Now that is just creepy, disturbing and sick.  Serious mental patients there.

image That's gotta be two of the loneliest basement dwellers I've heard of. Just...wow....

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BinaryNinjaBinaryNinja Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by descreth

Path of Exile players.

If anything I'd say the playerbase is the developer's family/friends that play it.

You guys bashing Path of Exile don't know wtf you're talking about:

"Last week Grinding Gear Games launched a Kickstarter-like pre-order campaign for its upcoming free-to-play dungeon crawler Path of Exile. Offers included points to spend in the microtransaction store and special goodies available only at pre-order. The campaign was a colossal success, raising over $200,000 in pre-orders in its first six days. Over 13,000 individual pre-orders were lodged, including 13 copies of the $1,000 diamond pack."

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Path of Exile players.

Every time i see you posting around is bashing a random game.

Are you fan of something or just a general hater?

Maybe you are just lost......

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by BinaryNinja

Path of Exile players.

You guys bashing Path of Exile don't know wtf you're talking about:

"Last week Grinding Gear Games launched a Kickstarter-like pre-order campaign for its upcoming free-to-play dungeon crawler Path of Exile. Offers included points to spend in the microtransaction store and special goodies available only at pre-order. The campaign was a colossal success, raising over $200,000 in pre-orders in its first six days. Over 13,000 individual pre-orders were lodged, including 13 copies of the $1,000 diamond pack."

I have my eye on that game. I hope they can pull it off now. Looks better than D3.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Path of Exile is a poor man's D3.  

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Modest people who admit to being less than awesome players on PVP forums?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.