Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why no console version? thats thats a 3rd of the fans left out IMO

zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Im a PC player,but a lot of my friends play the TES series on the 360. I wonder why they did not make it  a cross platform game.

FF11 did a good job of it PC/PS2 AND 360.

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

According to their sales numbers, it is actually 82% of their player-base cut out.  18% of their sales come from PC gamers for single-player TES games.

They are going to try and fill the other 82% with MMO gamers, hence why the game is such typical MMO tripe.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Or xboxers and playstationistas might start buying pcs, which would be great for pc gaming
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Entinerint

According to their sales numbers, it is actually 82% of their player-base cut out.  18% of their sales come from PC gamers for single-player TES games.

They are going to try and fill the other 82% with MMO gamers, hence why the game is such typical MMO tripe.

basically they are not doing it becuase WoW and SWTOR didnt do it and they flat out do not know any better.

Other than that, they really should have made it for consoles as well.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

If people still don't understand that Microsoft does not ALLOW mmorpgs on the XBox yet...

Geezus, whats it going to take for them TO realize that?

PS3 version? Nobody on the PS3 wants to play World of Warcraft.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

basically they are not doing it becuase WoW and SWTOR didnt do it and they flat out do not know any better.

I don't know anyone who plays any of the Elder Scrolls on console. Everyone plays on the PC with the mod packs and such. I must hang around with an aberrant section of the population or something.

Anyway, I would think getting a full featured mmorpg out the door is hard enough and expensive enough that trying to do it on 3 different platforms would be a nightmare. PCs are an established medium for mmorpg so that's what they went with.

It really seems (to me) that this is just another MMORPG, using the Elder Scrolls IP rather than the Elder Scrolls as an MMORPG. If that makes sense.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

If people still don't understand that Microsoft does not ALLOW mmorpgs on the XBox yet...

Originally posted by lizardbones

I don't know anyone who plays any of the Elder Scrolls on console. Everyone plays on the PC with the mod packs and such. I must hang around with an aberrant section of the population or something.

Anyway, I would think getting a full featured mmorpg out the door is hard enough and expensive enough that trying to do it on 3 different platforms would be a nightmare. PCs are an established medium for mmorpg so that's what they went with.

It really seems (to me) that this is just another MMORPG, using the Elder Scrolls IP rather than the Elder Scrolls as an MMORPG. If that makes sense.

that might be true however this is the one game that is most poised to have it done. reason I say that is because the single player game works wonderfully on both consoles and PC, they have plenty of money and they have done it more than once so they have the experience. that all said I would be presumptious to say it can/should be done and that they didnt already consider it. My comment was more of a joke

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

You don't know anyone who plays it on the consoles? Well, a HUGE number of people do. A lot more console copies were sold.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Well if its such a great market just bypass PCs and make it for the console only.......Oh yeah and your game will be extremely limited because of the controller and no keyboard.

Originally posted by fivoroth

You don't know anyone who plays it on the consoles? Well, a HUGE number of people do. A lot more console copies were sold.

I read one poster saying more PC copies were sold and another poster saying no consoles were. Anyone happen to have the numbers of both? if not then both are talking out of their a$$.

My hunch however is console but I bet its close

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Well some of us don't think games should be dumbed down just to be cross-platform when they can be so much better on the PC only. Most cross-platform MMOs are not that successful and even Skyrim would have been a even better game not being cross-platform. Keep it PC only and give us a good game!

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

If they did TES online for consoles i would buy it 

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Without a keyboard and mouse, and an insanely limited UI, there's really no way you could do an MMO on both the console and PC.  Give two players of equal skill playing an FPS.  Give one the console controller, and another a keyboard and mouse.  The keyboard and mouse player will whoop the console controllers ass everytime.

Have fun using your gamepad, while PC gamers are using their logitech G series keyboards that display the LCD display of who is talking in Vent, display in that little display all the information you possibly need to know allow you to have 18 different macro keys in addition to the 12 function keys, in addition to a modifiable UI that plays the game precisely how they want to.

Good luck even trying half of this stuff on the console.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

selling this  game to console players would kill the elder scrolls

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

After Elder Scroll III :Morrowind it died 2006 when oblivion go casual with fast travel and mobs scaling and alot more easy gameplay.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

Because it is difficult to keep the PC, XBOX and PS3 games all patched at that same times. Because Microsoft is very perticular about what MMOs are allowed on their XBOX among other reasons.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

Judging by what we have heard so far of this game, 3/3 of the fans are left out IMO.

When in doubt, troll.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I cant think of one MMORPG that has done really well on consoles.. maybe phantasy star online on the PS2? but still was no where near as popular as a PC MMORPG...

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

given that Skyrim on the PC screams of console port I would hope they never make TESO a console game too.  This game has enough negative hype going for it, knowing the console was involved would probably end all interest for me.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

Pretty much, they would laugh and yet cry at the same time.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

That has already been discussed to death, and Square Enix acknowledged in an interview about Final Fantasy XIV that the only reason FFXI is an exception to the rule is because they managed to get it through before Microsoft had their Xbox Live policies in place. 

The cost of patching ($40,000 per patch according to Tim Schafer), and Microsoft's policies are what is preventing MMOs on the 360. Funcom, Cryptic, and Square Enix have all had finished or near finished 360 versions and stated that Microsoft stonewalling MMOs on the 360 was the reason for their cancellation. 

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

Like RTS games, MMOs don't seem to work well on consoles.  I've tried a few (EQ Online Adventures, FFXI, DCUO) and the end result always feels watered down when compared with traditional PC MMOs.  The menus always feel big a clunky, controls are always off, and the number of choices available at any given time are limited due to restrictions with using a controller rather than a keyboard. 

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in this game if it were made for consoles.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Consoles can go take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of my games getting jacked up because of porting.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

It's fine that you wanna take part in this thread and answering the OP. 

But plz.... I just can't stand reading ppl who act clever with false statements. Where did you even get those numbers? If it happend that you actually got the numbers from somewere, then don't you have a logic sence to clearly see it's false?

My answer to you OP, is that an mmo belongs to pc. That's my opinion. 

I got a Pc, Ps3 and a Xbox360. I would NEVER play an mmo on console.. Never!

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

ALERT!!! ...please do not read on if you don't like rants!!! YOU have been warned...

There is obviously a place for both the console and PC in any games market, but what disturbs me is that console players feel they have a right to be able to play any game and think companies will invest money to suit their needs.

Fact the only reason that console games are even out there was to generate income from the younger generation as parents will or would spend money on their kids to shut them up so they can get on with their lives and this is the reason there are so many spoilt brats in the gaming world. Now while I understand there are also many adults who use gaming consoles, but most of these people also have PCs tooand it's a social thing for them.

IMO gaming consoles have become a young persons addiction just like many other things in this world. For example I have seen my sister son change for the worse since he has been using his xbox. He used to be an out going person who she could never get home at night. Now he comes home from school and spends all night in his bedroom and is very aggressive person and kicks off when asked to stop playing and have dinner or even to help around the house.

Personally I would like to see MMO stay on the PC and not be developed for other platforms and also see them stop making them to suit low end machines which are over 5 years old. I'd like to see them take advantage of the new equipment and push the boundries so we can see and use 2012 games which provide the needs for cutting edge newer machines can handle. Whilst I understand not eveyone is in a position to keep their systems up to date, it makes sense to use what high end equipment is being used in most PC's.

IMO I want MMO's to stay just on the PC platform then they would not have to invest time and money making them fit all and it would allow them to focus on creating that title which would get the most from the PC platform. If you want to make an MMO for a console then do it just for that alone, but most people will know that console gamers will not pay extra for a monthly MMO subscription model even though most things are going down the RTM side of things in most games nowdays.

As for seeing seeing Elder Scrolls Online I seriously hope they don't make it for consoles...

Asbo