Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Tera and why I quit playing

24

Comments

  • otacuotacu BolzanoPosts: 547Member

    Originally posted by genoshan

    To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

    This is kinda strange

    Enjoying the first 25 horrible levels and quitting after that.

  • XasapisXasapis VolosPosts: 5,561Member Uncommon

    The main storyline requires you to play each dungeon once (with a group obviously). I hardly see this as something horrible.

  • FangrimFangrim PrestonPosts: 589Member

    What the hell is a BAM?I looked online and all I can find is more BAM talk but not explaining what the hell it is other than a mob.The only thing I can find that may explain it is some guy saying BAM I was dead in 20 seconds....if this is some 'new'word for heroic,elite mobs,whatever ?

    Gnome Wankers two.After the events of 18/07/2015 i fucking hate anyone that has anything to do with skyforge
    image

  • CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member

    Originally posted by neorandom

    Originally posted by spitfire1064

     

     

    Well good for you there,i personally enjoy soloing,and don't like being told where to go,some people play differently,why do you have to make a comment like that.

    You like to play in groups,good for you man. Enjoy.

    you like rpgs, good for you.  the games on this site are mainly MMO rpgs.  the massively multiplayer part = grouping, deal with it.

     

    Fair enough.  There's only one problem.  This site is also flooded with PC players.  Who here plays on consoles and enjoys it.  *raises hand*   *crickets* 

     

    To that end I admit there are some.  There's the Witcher 2 and Skyrim and others.  But there are also tons of mmorpgs and the PC is the place you play them on for the most part. 

     

    An mmorpg doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to solo.  You should.  Absolutely.  Oh just because its an mmo does that mean I have to totally play with people all the time?  It shouldnt.  And often enough doesnt.  The fact is, PC centric RPG players all have probably played an mmo.  Because they are some of the most plentiful RPGS for the platform. 

     

    And if you think for one second the OP is the only one of his kind you'd be dead wrong.  I have a tendency to solo as well.  Sure I make friends, and I interact with people and enjoy it (at least some of the time).  But quests that are group quests have always annoyed me.  Hitting a wall where you HAVE too do it just to level?  Thats atrocious. 

     

    Dont make the mistake of assuming the OP never plays with anyone.  Sure he does.  But if he's not in the mood to group he shouldnt have too.  For you it sounds like the MMO is more important.  To others (and many of them) the RPG is most important.  And I happen to be one of those people.  So deal with it. 

  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member

    Originally posted by Corehaven

    Originally posted by neorandom


    Originally posted by spitfire1064

     

     

    Well good for you there,i personally enjoy soloing,and don't like being told where to go,some people play differently,why do you have to make a comment like that.

    You like to play in groups,good for you man. Enjoy.

    you like rpgs, good for you.  the games on this site are mainly MMO rpgs.  the massively multiplayer part = grouping, deal with it.

     

    Fair enough.  There's only one problem.  This site is also flooded with PC players.  Who here plays on consoles and enjoys it.  *raises hand*   *crickets* 

     

    To that end I admit there are some.  There's the Witcher 2 and Skyrim and others.  But there are also tons of mmorpgs and the PC is the place you play them on for the most part. 

     

    An mmorpg doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to solo.  You should.  Absolutely.  Oh just because its an mmo does that mean I have to totally play with people all the time?  It shouldnt.  And often enough doesnt.  The fact is, PC centric RPG players all have probably played an mmo.  Because they are some of the most plentiful RPGS for the platform. 

     

    And if you think for one second the OP is the only one of his kind you'd be dead wrong.  I have a tendency to solo as well.  Sure I make friends, and I interact with people and enjoy it (at least some of the time).  But quests that are group quests have always annoyed me.  Hitting a wall where you HAVE too do it just to level?  Thats atrocious. 

     

    Dont make the mistake of assuming the OP never plays with anyone.  Sure he does.  But if he's not in the mood to group he shouldnt have too.  For you it sounds like the MMO is more important.  To others (and many of them) the RPG is most important.  And I happen to be one of those people.  So deal with it. 

    Well you certainly went through the trouble of making a very long post defending the OP's position and right to solo, even though it's already been made abundantly clear on this thread that you can easily solo your way from 1-60 in TERA.  The OP was mistaken about that part.  He simply needed to gain another level or so through regular quests to unlock the next set of storyline quests to solo.  

     

  • TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r marlton, NJPosts: 76Member

    @fangrim.....BAM = Big Ass Monster in TERA 

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by genoshan

    To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

    A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.

    In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.

    I have not logged in since ...

    omg this is what MMORPGs are about.. questing with other people...

    If you want to play by yourself play a single player RPG... if you want to PVP pick up an fps style game for instant pvp action..

     

     

  • CorthalaCorthala LagosPosts: 283Member Uncommon

    Is this sarcasm or joking?

    "you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

    One of those great lines from The Secret World

  • IzorkIzork KnebelPosts: 373Member

    Originally posted by TheDubanat0r

    @fangrim.....BAM = Big Ass Monster in TERA 

    Doesn't explain it any, does it?

     

     

    BAM =

     

    Look at it like elites. It's mobs around the world, in each zone with group quests. They are boss fights, usually pretty hard, even for a group. 

     

    They are usually soloable but takes a long time, and requires skill and dedication.

     

     

    They are not your regular "elite" mobs from other themeparks. They have some nice mechanics, almost diffrent from each one, so you have to adapt and know the fight.

    |1TB Black (Games, OS)
    |1TB Green (For storing)
    |i5 2500K@ 5GHz 1.4V 24/7
    |ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    |8GB G-Skill 1866 mhz CL9
    |Corsair AX 850W 80+ Gold PSU
    |ASUS 6970

  • dleveldlevel AthensPosts: 88Member

    Many thinks in this game reminds me of Lineage 2, and one of those is the socialization that required to reach the full potential of the game. Lineage 2 was the best pvp game i ve ever played ( and i played a lot ) and it seems that TERA will be the next Lineage ( at least for me ) and with a new combat system that i personaly like a lot.

  • tarestares York, PAPosts: 381Member

    You can do local quests or grind mobs if want to solo to 60, if you have an issue clicking the dungean finder icon or replying to one of the many groups forming in area chat for that instance just once anytime between levels 26 to 31.  The cliche phrase "you will not be missed" works well.

    I find it strange to play MMOs when you need to solo 100% of the time, there are better games for single player, demon souls, skyrim, diablo 3,dragon age 1, and plenty other RPG games.  There should never be an MMO where the best experience and best gear come from soloing, the bonuses encourage grouping.

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Common

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by gessekai332

    wow, you guys are right, somehow this game has much more socialization than other current mmorpgs on the market. I dont actually know why. Maybe because thats really the alternative thing you can do in the game other than grinding the same mobs over and over again lol. it is interesting though. When i played the gw2 beta there was barely any talking at all. Perhaps its the availability of area chat?

    This game feels more old school (at the moment) than many current games. It's because of this that players seek other players out in order to get their objectives done.

    The quests for the most part seem horrible but quite frankly I was never a beliver in "thousands of quests". A few are fine. The rest of the time players should be finding things they want to do.

    Since this is a them park game "lite" players can pvp, socialize , group together to take down bams, etc. 

    The problem with your statement "grind mobs over and over" is that you don't really see the forest from the trees. Just like in Lineage 2 when the only way you did level was to kill mobs (no "questing" in the form that contemporary games take) the game was never "about" grinding mobs. It was about player interaction. The mobs, bosses, crafting, were just catalysts to get players to interact.

     

    Spot on this post!

    I honestly have lost the count of how many times I am walking towards a quest and see a massive mob, spend the next 20min trying to solo it even tho I dont need it for anything other than the challenge. I honestly cant say this has happened many times at all in the last 6 odd years.

    image

  • MMO_REVIEWERMMO_REVIEWER Harker Heights, TXPosts: 371Member

    And thus the "Why I'm quitting this game" threads begin. Dejavu feeling, anyone? I can even hear in the background some light I told you so's muttered in hushed tones...

    MMO's are the ark of the gaming world. Let it take us in new directions.

  • DraemosDraemos Antartica, AKPosts: 1,469Member

    Originally posted by genoshan

    To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

    A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.

    In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.

    I have not logged in since ...

    You don't need to do the group quests to level.  In fact, a lot of the time they actually slow your progress down while you wait for people to organize.  

    Pretty much a complete non-issue and a pretty silly reason to quit.

  • kutervkuterv BaselPosts: 28Member

    Originally posted by genoshan

    To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

    A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.

    In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.

    I have not logged in since ...

    Why with myst almost every thing soloable but boring and very very very slow and mb with true sorc or archer 

    But i am also not fond of this game ... nothing new, and for me it is really boring and pvp there sucks =D

    And some quest for elite mobs u just could skip em and thats it .... just really strange argumentation .... mmo = group up and fight everything on ur way it is main feature of such games almost all of them meant that u need some group and there lots of people lvling so it is really easy to find group mb some prob with that on 50+ but thats it 

    And mb i am not right but story = soloable and really easy only prob there quest for elite mobs but some of them really easy some of them when u learn they mech also easy =D and in Tera mech of elites almost the same so no need to learn a lot of stuff =D 

  • genoshangenoshan WollongongPosts: 51Member Uncommon

    OP here again.

     

    In response to few things that have popped up in this thread. I rolled a Mystic, perhaps not the greatest solo class, but I always like the hybrid heler type.

     

    Also I played the game for the PvP, not the PvE and I am in a guild that would have run the instance with me if I had asked, but after following the quest markers, I enter the instance and there it is , an elite mob... It was the only quest on my whole tracker.  So I stepped outside and had a few PvP fights and got ganked by a level 60.

    No QQ about that, just it made me think .. I have to keep up the PvP to get to max level so I can only PvP ( I hate the grind btw )

    I have been a duo MMOer since UO release or EQ ( cant remember asince it was so long ago ) and as hard as I tried to convince my fellow duo player to try this he couldnt get past the grind , but I persisted.

    TLDR ; I believe that as a solo player, and there are many of us, grouping should not be forced ( or at least not appear that way )

  • JayarisJayaris InvercargillPosts: 308Member

    I assume you're talking about the Popolion quest-line, particularly that it ends in the Sinistral Manor dungeon - Use the dungeon finder doesn't really require much effort and you don't have to talk to anyone.

    Don't see what the big deal is, you have issues.

    Hi

  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu BilbaoPosts: 250Member

     wait what? you soloed all  but one quest and you call that... forced grouping? seriously?  

  • JayarisJayaris InvercargillPosts: 308Member

    Originally posted by JimyHumuHumu

     wait what? you soloed all  but one quest and you call that... forced grouping? seriously?  

    If a main storyline ends in a party quest it prevents a solo player from completing it, pre-instance matching systems this was a big inconvenience because you had to LFG in chat etc.

    But, with the instance-matching I really can't see how it's that big of a hassle - As I said you don't have to talk to anyone, how is this any different than the NPC healer helping you at the Island of Dawn battle?

    Where was the rage-quit then?

    Hi

  • VultureSkullVultureSkull LONDONPosts: 1,774Member Uncommon

    Wait a few months and then come back and you will be able to solo all the way.

    Afterall this is a new MMO and we all know that if you want a better/best experience then you don't play a brand new MMO... If you did not know this then know it now and for the future...

  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Porto FerreiraPosts: 405Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by warmaster670

    Originally posted by citalkay


    Originally posted by spitfire1064

     

     

    Well good for you there,i personally enjoy soloing,and don't like being told where to go,some people play differently,why do you have to make a comment like that.

    You like to play in groups,good for you man. Enjoy.

    Go back to playing single players where you belong ^-^

    Good to have someone like you away from the game <3 bai

    you're both fools who need to learn different people like different things.

    Thank god, finally someone with an open mind ! good post warmaster

    image

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Common

    Originally posted by genoshan

    OP here again.

     

    In response to few things that have popped up in this thread. I rolled a Mystic, perhaps not the greatest solo class, but I always like the hybrid heler type.

     

    Also I played the game for the PvP, not the PvE and I am in a guild that would have run the instance with me if I had asked, but after following the quest markers, I enter the instance and there it is , an elite mob... It was the only quest on my whole tracker.  So I stepped outside and had a few PvP fights and got ganked by a level 60.

    No QQ about that, just it made me think .. I have to keep up the PvP to get to max level so I can only PvP ( I hate the grind btw )

    I have been a duo MMOer since UO release or EQ ( cant remember asince it was so long ago ) and as hard as I tried to convince my fellow duo player to try this he couldnt get past the grind , but I persisted.

    TLDR ; I believe that as a solo player, and there are many of us, grouping should not be forced ( or at least not appear that way )

    Its funny cause, I assume your talking about SInistral Mansion, I actually went in, saw it was a dungeon that needed a group and proceeded to solo it *flex* :) 

    That is what I love in TERA, I have grouped many times for dungeons but I can choose to just well apply my skill and solo it, and its a lot of fun.

    image

  • RekindleRekindle Moncton, NBPosts: 1,206Member

    Originally posted by genoshan

    To begin, let me say I enjoyed the game despite it's cartoon style graphics. To me gameplay > graphics. I enjoyed the first 25 or so levels I enjoyed the pvp action in the open world ( pvp server ) BUT around levle 27-29 the story line questing is not soloable.

    A common response is why play an MMO if you dont want to group. I shouldn't have to.

    In short , to level, you need to do quests. To do the best xp quests you need a full group.

    I have not logged in since ...

    not a troll but comments like this tell me why there is such a vast market for wow style theme park games.

  • TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r marlton, NJPosts: 76Member

    IDC how good you think you are there is no way you are soloing a dungen that is level aproperate. Even if you some how managed the only class that could even possibly be able to this is the Lancer.

  • NinetynineNinetynine StockholmPosts: 4Member

    Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout WoW generation)

Sign In or Register to comment.